Gospel Hill Reviews

• May 13, 2012

A well intentioned movie with mild results. Good enough for the story and a good performance by Danny Glover.

• Apr 08, 2012

This movie was ok. The story was slow paced and almost boring.

This movie was ok. The story was slow paced and almost boring.

• Apr 03, 2012

Very good movie! It kept me interested the whole time!

Very good movie! It kept me interested the whole time!

• Mar 24, 2012

Excellent film. Giancarlo Esposito has a great directorial debut.

Excellent film. Giancarlo Esposito has a great directorial debut.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Jan 07, 2012

Okay to have on in the background, but not really exciting enough to want to sit and give it your undivided attention. I think I mainly rented this one as Julia Stiles was in it, Is a well acted movie, but never really rises above feeling like a made for tv film.

• Jun 11, 2011

One of those small carefully written scripts that are so rare to find. Basically a murder mystery with racial undertones this is worth seeing with a great understated performance by Glover and another by Bassett.

• Mar 30, 2011

bubbles under,i was waiting for something to happen.....

bubbles under,i was waiting for something to happen.....

• Oct 23, 2010

Great film. Very touching & inspirational. A recommended watch for any background. Touching. I enjoyed this film.

• Sarah . Super Reviewer
    Aug 04, 2010

It was a little slow, although there was a lot of parts to it that made me constantly curious as to what was going to happen. In the end though, not all that much did happen. It was all happy ending-ness except for little loose ends that never got dealt with. That was rather annoying. I kinda wished it was based on a true story, but I dont think it was. What did this movie teach me? Just because there are a bunch of people with guns, it doesnt mean someone will get shot.

• Jul 05, 2010