Grand Central Murder Reviews

• Apr 23, 2019

Grand old noir. Does well for what it does, think Blobbo.

Grand old noir. Does well for what it does, think Blobbo.

• Nov 25, 2016

I've always found Van Heflin an odd movie star, but he actually does alright in the average murder mystery. Van plays a detective investigating the murder of a actress, Patricia Dane. The story is a pretty routine mystery where everyone has a motive, but it's fast paced and reasonably entertaining. Patricia Dane is a particular standout as the murdered Broadway actress who is seen throughout the film in flashbacks. I think I'm going to have to check out more of her films. he film also feature Tom Conway, who is not quite as good as his brother, but who I always enjoy.

• Nov 21, 2016

Tries to be a Thin Man movie, but it is only a mediocre copy, just like George Sanders brother, who is in this as one of the suspects is only a poor copy of the original.