Grease: Live! Reviews

• Oct 27, 2019

I think this was a poor remake and I would definitely not watch this again

I think this was a poor remake and I would definitely not watch this again

• Mar 13, 2019

Insane casting amazing production!

Insane casting amazing production!

• Jan 27, 2019

I like singing along!

I like singing along!

• Oct 09, 2018

Grease live was and by far the best live adaptation of a musical I have seen yet. The voices were not as great as the originals but overall great job.

• Jan 20, 2018

I thought this was solid show. I think it is the best of the live musicals.

I thought this was solid show. I think it is the best of the live musicals.

• Jan 06, 2018

I absolutely LOVED this show - it was the best live show I have seen them do so far :) I think they did a great job with all the songs, dances and the casting of Julianne as Sandy was perfection! She can sing and dance and act, triple threat :) And the Grease movie is my all time favorite movie and I still loved the live version!

• Oct 02, 2017

When watching Grease Live! is was looking at the acting, dancing, singing, video and sound quality, and how close the show was to the Broadway and 1978 movie versions of Grease. I really liked and enjoyed watching Grease Live! in total I give it a rating of four and a half stars. I gave the actors a rating of five stars all of them were amazing. I really enjoyed watching Aaron Tevit as Danny Zuko and Carlos Pena as Kenickie. I also enjoyed watching Julianne Hough as Sandy, Vanessa Hudgens as Rizzo, Carly Rae Jepson and Frenchy, and Keke Palmer as Marni. In my opinion all the actors portrayed their characters perfectly. I gave the performers singing and dancing five stars. I enjoyed watching all the dance numbers in the show. I also really enjoyed hearing Vanessa Hudgens sing "There Are Worse Things I Could Do" and "Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee." I also enjoyed hearing Julianne Hough singing "Hopelessly Devoted to You" and Keke Palmer singing "Freddie My Love." Since the show was live I expected the video and sound quality to be a little bad. The quality was actually pretty good so I gave it a score of four and a half stars. There were sometimes when the sound was a little off and the cameras moved fast to keep up with the performers. I gave the remake score of the show four and a half stars. The show was good remake of the Broadway show and movie from 1978. Grease Live! was set up like the movie but had more songs from the Broadway show and I really enjoyed that.

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    May 27, 2017

I thought this was pretty good. Most of the voices weren't as good as the original, but it was just as entertaining.

• May 03, 2017

This isn't anywhere near as good as the original, but it is interesting in its own way. It's more of a novelty than anything else. I would say that only really big fans of Grease should watch this. Otherwise, the original is enough.

• Jan 27, 2017

The new cast are all spectacularly talented, and their incarnations of classic songs give a fresh, extremely fun new spark to it all.