The Great Muppet Caper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Great Muppet Caper Reviews

December 29, 2016
Okish dated second Muppet Movie. Musical.
November 28, 2016
Fun with the muppets yet again. On Blu-ray.
November 18, 2016
Such silly, yet adventurous film. From beginning to end, this nothing but a hilarious thrill ride.
September 22, 2016
A very decent sequel! Not as good as the original Muppet movie as the singing is a bit overdone, however Miss Piggy is in her full glory in the film and she makes the film.
June 9, 2016
With clever writing, "The Great Muppet Caper" is The Muppets' wackiest film .
½ May 2, 2016
It's a very funny, charming, and entertaining Muppet movie classic directed by Jim Henson himself. My only major problem with this movie is that it is a bit too uneven, but even that doesn't seem like a major problem as the rest of the movie is so good. If you love the Muppets, you're definitely going to love them here.
½ October 4, 2015
While not as memorable as The Muppet Movie, this sequel retains all of the charm and comedy that makes the Muppets so appealing. The story isn't as coherent and the ending wasn't as climatic as one would hope, but who cares with so much entertainment!
September 24, 2015
The Great Muppet Caper is funny, but suffers from a weak, uneven plot.
½ September 22, 2015
how can you not love the muppets. I wish I grew up with this film though.
September 7, 2015
The Great Muppet Caper might be a crime in story. But it's simple cameos and funny songs make this caper a comedic adventure. Review by Logan Cornn.
July 19, 2015
I liked this movie a lot and it was a great mystery and getting together with some decent comedy, and that's what made this movie put together nicely.
June 5, 2015
Decent enough plot, but not funny enough to be engaging for anyone other than kids who will be fascinated by the straightforward comedic approach. Supporting characters are poorly developed. Hard to get invested in.
May 13, 2015
79% on my Tomatometer.
April 15, 2015
Still a laughable and easy-to-watch movie, but can't out-do the first best Muppet movie!
½ March 4, 2015
The youngsters would enjoy this film than the older audience as it's pretty silly, but the latter can enjoy the comedic humor and few moments of nice tunes. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
January 4, 2015
It's one of my favorites.
½ December 23, 2014
I love that Fozzie and Kermit are "twin brothers" and generally dig that they are playing characters now instead of just putting on a variety show. The musical numbers are great, from the intro big city set (starring "everybody and me!"), to the Happiness Hotel with Electric Mayhem, cycling through London, and Miss Piggy's big underwater number!
December 22, 2014
November 3, 2014
The plane lands in Italy. You land in England.

Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie Muppets are reporters off to Brittan to investigate a gigantic jewelry heist. They run into Miss Piggy and her and Kermit quickly fall in love; however, Miss Piggy is also being courted by Nickie Holiday, her boss. Their love triangle quickly becomes entangled in the jewelry heist the Muppets were investigating.

"Why don't you see if you can eat through these iron bars?"

Jim Henson, director of Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock, delivers The Great Muppet Caper. The storyline for this picture is fun and a very entertaining setting for the Muppets. The dolls are used to perfection and the overall execution was perfect.

"I wonder how far you can plummet before you blackout."

My daughter and I watch these movies on Netflix and caught this about a month ago. I thought this was one of the better Muppet movies and loved how it was put together. She always loves these films (maybe it was the European feel I adored). Nevertheless, this is one of the better