The Great Muppet Caper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Great Muppet Caper Reviews

September 27, 2010
The first Muppet movie was very focused on introducing characters and revolved around being a road movie, comedy. In this second of the Muppet films, our now established friends play various characters in a thriller concerning precious jewels being stolen from a fashion designer. Reporters Kermit and Fozzy must team up with a squadron of misfits and Miss Piggy in order to catch the culprits. The film respects its characters, but often makes a lot of in-jokes and meta references to the fact that the Muppets are playing characters, and also that Kermit and Fozzy are "identical twins" because they both wear hats. There are a lot of great musical numbers performed by the Muppets, including a water ballet routine by Miss Piggy in her true over the top fashion. The supporting actors are great, including a crotchety Charles Grodin, and an overly nice John Cleese, in a great cameo appearance. Wildly entertaining and certainly fun, the Muppets make yet enough grand old film.
Movie Monster
January 18, 2011
Of all the Muppet movies I've seen, I enjoyed this the least. I couldn't follow the plot at some points and the story just didn't intrest me. The Muppets solving a mystery just isn't my type. But there is still funny quotes and the movie has its moments. That is why I am giving this a 60%.

Funny dialogue scene:

(A truck driver is pushed out of his truck and is thrown next to a trach can. A person comes out of the garbage can next to him.)

Truck Driver: "What are you doing here?"
Oscar the Grouch: "A very brief cameo."
Truck Driver: "Me too."
September 6, 2010
A good story, but not as funny as the first movie. I liked this movie when I was a kid, but now that I see it again, it's not as good as I remembered. Anyway, it's enjoyable and kids will like it.
MeetMeinMontauk
May 24, 2009
I'm sorry, but how does anyone NOT love the Muppets. Especially with Charles Grodin.
½ May 6, 2007
This Muppet film never really did it for me. It's certainly not the worst in the series, but it seems to lack the "magic" of the first two.

That being said the bicycle sequence and the dancing are both amazing pieces of puppetry.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
fantastic, possibly the best of the muppet films
½ August 17, 2007
Aw, probably the only Muppet Movie I didn't like. It was all British, and the Muppets are an American creation, so I wasn't too interested. They also felt out of character, solving mysteries instead of their show business. I couldn't get into it after the awesomeness of the first Muppet Movie.
jjnxn
April 4, 2007
the muppets AND diana rigg who could ask for more!
February 9, 2007
I had the book when I was kid and it was one of my favorites.
½ January 26, 2007
I do love them muppets. This one has the usual plethora of guest stars and such. Music is good too.
March 28, 2006
Muppets all the way.
August 17, 2007
I have the CD The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem & More!, which not only has tracks from the TV variety show, but some of the classic songs from the major Muppet movies. This one falls in the middle of the first three Muppet movies from the Jim Henson era. I recently re-watched this on Netflix. It definitely contains some entertaining songs and creative visual tricks. There are fewer cameos, but Diana Rigg and, especially, Charles Grodin interact well with their fuzzy co-stars in this Pink Panther-like jewel heist plot.
November 25, 2011
The Great Muppet Caper finds the Muppets at their best, as they have the uncanny ability to break the fourth wall and turn it into comic gold. Caper does this exceedingly well, all while delivering a solid, entertaining adventure. As per a Muppet movie, there are some great cameos (including a brilliant one by Peter Falk) and several fun musical numbers; such as '"Happiness Hotel." An enjoyable watch for both children and adults, The Great Muppet Caper holds up remarkably well.
Bradley T. Johnson
June 3, 2011
Though it loses some steam in the middle, The Great Muppet Caper redeems itself with awesome songs, and a finale that is some of the funniest moments in a Muppet movie. Overall Rating:80
August 22, 2007
All muppet movies are awesome.
½ March 20, 2012
Very funny - a classic Muppet movie!
½ May 7, 2007
I wish I would have liked it more. I love the muppets and I just really didn't find this film as funny as The Muppet Movie, which I loved.
DrLappos
July 15, 2007
Meep...Beaker is still the greatest.
January 20, 2007
The second of the Henson Muppet movies and almost as funny as the first.
½ June 18, 2006
I don't know why I like these Muppet movies but I do.