The Great Muppet Caper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Great Muppet Caper Reviews

½ March 15, 2018
A pretty basic Muppet Movie (considered the second in the original "trilogy" of Muppet films) that has a bit of a dated story, a simple plot, but still retains the charms of the Muppets. Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear and The Great Gonzo journey to Europe to investigate a diamond jewel thief. When Miss Piggy is framed and imprisoned it's up to the gang to prove her innocence. Like I said the plot is very simple. There's a lot of heart here though and it's overall a good family film if you like the Muppets. The movie is a simple one that I still don't like as much as the original Muppet Movie (1979), but it has a few funny moments that make up for it. Still a recommendation for any Muppet fans!
½ November 20, 2017
The Great Muppet Caper is the perfect heist movie for kids. It's got action, danger, spectacle, fantasy and plenty of comedy that adults and children will enjoy. This is one of the few examples I can think of where the sequel is just as good as the original.
October 24, 2017
one of our favorite Muppet Movie of all time ever
March 6, 2017
A Muppet mystery flick. Very few cameos here (the best is Oscar the Grouch) compared to other Muppet movies. Over-plotted, under-whelming and rarely funny or even entertaining. I love the Muppets but this is the least favorite of what I can remember watching. Rating: 6 / 10
March 4, 2017
Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo are flailing journalists who are investigating a series of British jewel heists that somehow involve Ms. Piggy. Along the way, the gang runs through the usual gauntlet of running gags, slapstick, corny jokes, celebrity cameos, and elaborate musical numbers. The Great Muppet Caper is a light, likable mixture of vaudeville ham and impressive puppeteering; the set piece involving the bike ride is one of the highlights of Jim Henson's career. I'd stop short of calling The Great Muppet Caper an all-time classic, but it's certainly one of the stronger Muppet films and anyone with a soft spot for Kermit will find plenty to like here.
December 29, 2016
Okish dated second Muppet Movie. Musical.
November 28, 2016
Fun with the muppets yet again. On Blu-ray.
November 18, 2016
Such silly, yet adventurous film. From beginning to end, this nothing but a hilarious thrill ride.
September 22, 2016
A very decent sequel! Not as good as the original Muppet movie as the singing is a bit overdone, however Miss Piggy is in her full glory in the film and she makes the film.
June 9, 2016
With clever writing, "The Great Muppet Caper" is The Muppets' wackiest film .
½ May 2, 2016
It's a very funny, charming, and entertaining Muppet movie classic directed by Jim Henson himself. My only major problem with this movie is that it is a bit too uneven, but even that doesn't seem like a major problem as the rest of the movie is so good. If you love the Muppets, you're definitely going to love them here.
½ October 4, 2015
While not as memorable as The Muppet Movie, this sequel retains all of the charm and comedy that makes the Muppets so appealing. The story isn't as coherent and the ending wasn't as climatic as one would hope, but who cares with so much entertainment!
September 24, 2015
The Great Muppet Caper is funny, but suffers from a weak, uneven plot.
½ September 22, 2015
how can you not love the muppets. I wish I grew up with this film though.
September 7, 2015
The Great Muppet Caper might be a crime in story. But it's simple cameos and funny songs make this caper a comedic adventure. Review by Logan Cornn.
July 19, 2015
I liked this movie a lot and it was a great mystery and getting together with some decent comedy, and that's what made this movie put together nicely.
June 5, 2015
Decent enough plot, but not funny enough to be engaging for anyone other than kids who will be fascinated by the straightforward comedic approach. Supporting characters are poorly developed. Hard to get invested in.
May 13, 2015