The Green Mile Reviews

• Jul 04, 2020

Powerful and beautifully acted.

Powerful and beautifully acted.

• Jul 01, 2020

Amazing film, definitely worth a watch. Real tear jerker towards the end at John's execution. Definitely one of Hanks's best performances

• Jul 01, 2020

One of the best movies ever made a definitive must see

One of the best movies ever made a definitive must see

• Jun 18, 2020

A phenomenal adaptation. This movie is highly rated but really less talked about. It has a very realistic and grounded story even with a super natural settings. The rat's story is what makes this film feel grounded. The movie is slow and I love every bit of it. Tom Hanks gave a great performance like he does but stealer was Michael Clarke Duncan. His performance as the lovable giant, his portrayal of innocence was perfect. I hated Percy's character which means the actor did a great job. Michael Jetar and Sam Rockwell were top notch. No actor played there part bad. The message of Death Sentence was throughout the film it really made me question about these issues. The later theme of dying early to escape pain and living immortal to suffer was poetically written and shown The movie takes time to set up all character and slowly unreveals the super natural aspects, yet the movie doesn't go crazy with concept and stayes in the boundary of reality, props to Stephen King. 3 hour movie but I don't feel it is that long as the story kept me interested. The ending is heart-breaking and sad as it was supposed to be.

• Jun 13, 2020

The second best adaptation of Stephen King's books behind only The Shawshank Redemption, also directed by Frank Darabont. While it is rather long, at just over three hours, it's so incredibly made. It's probably not something you'd watch multiple times though. It's very depressing at times. You're almost guaranteed to cry.

• Jun 10, 2020

"I just wanted some cornbread, you motherfuckers!" An emotional fairytale set on death row, where a gentle giant (John Coffey) sentenced to death for an horrific crime, possesses mysterious healing powers.When the head guard recognizers Coffey's gifts, he tries desperately to help stave off the condemned man's execution in Frank Darabont's magical & touching drama.

• Jun 06, 2020

One of the best film adaptations I've ever seen! This movie was perfectly cast!

One of the best film adaptations I've ever seen! This movie was perfectly cast!

• Jun 05, 2020

One of the most emotional films I've ever seen. The acting in this movie is excellent. I think this film is just as great as "The Shawshank Redemption". Great film.

• May 20, 2020

poignant, exciting and unexpected. moreover also well interpreted. a real pearl

poignant, exciting and unexpected. moreover also well interpreted. a real pearl

• May 19, 2020

At three hours long, some may be off put by the film’s runtime, yet I found every minute worthwhile in this emotional prison drama. We get to know each character in the film with fantastic character development and sensational performances from each cast member. You feel almost every emotion imaginable throughout the film. It is truly a special movie going experience