Hancock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hancock Reviews

October 26, 2016
Would have gotten higher rating if the end didn't suck so bad.
½ October 12, 2016
Director Peter Berg directs this blend of action and comedy in Hancock. Great performance from Will Smith but doesn't live up to some points of the film. I highly recommend watching this. B+.
September 9, 2016
One of my all-time favs!!!
½ September 5, 2016
Takes itself too seriously, but Will Smith is still the stand out
August 21, 2016
plz could i see it plz i love this movie plz god bless yall
½ August 11, 2016
Will Smith as an alcoholic superhero who gets a public relations rep to help his image in this conventional, predictable comedy.
½ August 8, 2016
it is a funny movie that I think it fourth watching
August 4, 2016
Funny, enjoyable, and relatable as Will Smith looks more comfortable in this than I've seen in anything in awhile.
August 2, 2016
It's been rated R by the MPAA twice, looks like it's going to be a dark summer film and not the bright Will Smith fourth of July film we're used to seeing...
jamrcla
July 28, 2016
Good funny film but goes a little flat near the end, Some great special effects and action and some nice comedy bits thrown in.
July 25, 2016
This movie was lacking in so many ways.
½ July 23, 2016
In all honesty, this film has many problems from its visual effects to its pacing and emotion. It is pretty messy for the most part, but is not all terrible.
July 17, 2016
Really painfully flawed. Let's get that clear but... But really great acting and the cinematography. Fantastic. Oh and it's really actually funny. Tell me you didn't laugh. Plus there's a deeper tale in there. Not a great one, but a flawed epic tale about men, women, relationships, and purpose. The essence of was being a story about being flawed and it is flawed. Sort of a train wreck but at the same time I gotta say that this is a fun romp of a show.
July 9, 2016
Good direction, script, effects, scenery and acting (especially from Will Smith), nice twist at the end.
June 29, 2016
Ok superhero movie starring will Smith as Hancock and his origin story becoming a cool but dumb funny superhero. At first he's a lame drunk but later in the Movie he gets help from a ad guy who can promote him and make him a an awesome superhero like in a ordinary comic book. He's a cool guy Hancock but he gets angry really easily especially by the word a##hole, he will murder your head off or if you don't cooperate he'll put your face in someone's a##. His costume is one of my favorite parts in this movie but how funny this character is and how will Smith puts his funny personality into it. One thing that's bad was of how cheesy this movie is and how outrageous his supepower is and how he puts it into play is a really cheesy stupid way how Sony tried to put this character out their.
June 28, 2016
Hancock is hilarious and action packed. Hancock is probably Will Smith's best movie yet. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 7, 2016
it`s a good movie! in the first part of the movie its a little weird but that is over very fast. after that it is a great movie and i sure recommend it
½ June 5, 2016
bad, but it is Entertainment, funny, not boring... but it is still bad.
btw he's a great actor...
btw it's so fucking ilogic that movie.
May 24, 2016
This has an intriguing premise, a great cast, and some stunning visual effects but suffers from a mediocre script and a problematic third act.
May 15, 2016
The first 45 minutes of this was pure comedy, and then a twist came to keep the movie afloat. These two things aren't necessarily negative - the movie put a nice spin on the superhero genre and it was engaging - but by the end I was a little worn out by the story. Will Smith was fine as usual, although not quite as enthralling as he was in Pursuit or I am Legend.