Hancock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hancock Reviews

April 25, 2017
There's a single moment in this movie that pays a very high price for the laugh that it gets. The price is that of ruining my suspension of disbelief for the rest of the movie. After that moment I never got fully back into it and my rating is partly a reflection of that. Yes, the final act also gets a little wacky and unexpected stuff occurs but I didn't mind that at all and despite it's problems it did entertain me.
April 14, 2017
A new kind of superhero movie that's entertaining as ever!
½ April 12, 2017
One of those movies that starts out fantastically and gets progressively worse the longer it goes on. It's still a fresh, unique take on the superhero genre.
½ April 8, 2017
The Tomatometer isn't very fair to this one. It's not exactly art, sure, but it's amply entertaining and Will Smith adds enough wit to prevent it from being lame. Superman is boring because he's just such a nice young man; at least Hancock is fun to watch because people kind of annoy him and he's not interested in being a savior. Some things don't set out to be taken that seriously and tackle social issues, and I think that should be taken into account by critics.
½ April 2, 2017
I like loved this film it was basically a more realistic superhero hero
March 28, 2017
Incoherence is obvious. Charlize Theron does her usual capable performance. Jason Bateman is ok but Will Smith is over rated for a reason. The other characters carry him. This is an annoying little move that is hard to watch. The story is poorly told. Will Smith is simply wrong for the part. He hasn't done a performance the warrants A list status - ever. In his more successful movies the plot of supporting characters carry him. Nothing can carry him though this disaster. Given the number of critics ripping on this film, I would say they know what they are talking about. mediocre execution. Very weak CGI and then whose the bad guy? Weak screenplay. Starts out stronger than it finishes.
March 27, 2017
The first 10 minutes hook you into the film right away which is impressive but it looses you just as fast due to a weak plot, uninspired action and an incredibly stupid plot twist.
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 31, 2017
Hancock's funny premise is set up well enough, but drastically falls apart by the second half.
January 25, 2017
Hancock is not an asshole, he's a hero!
December 17, 2016
In all honesty, this film has many problems from its visual effects to its pacing and emotion. It is pretty messy for the most part, but is not all terrible.
December 5, 2016
A fun first half and a downer second half make this an unequal mess.
October 26, 2016
Would have gotten higher rating if the end didn't suck so bad.
½ October 12, 2016
Director Peter Berg directs this blend of action and comedy in Hancock. Great performance from Will Smith but doesn't live up to some points of the film. I highly recommend watching this. B+.
September 9, 2016
One of my all-time favs!!!
½ September 5, 2016
Takes itself too seriously, but Will Smith is still the stand out
August 21, 2016
plz could i see it plz i love this movie plz god bless yall
½ August 11, 2016
Will Smith as an alcoholic superhero who gets a public relations rep to help his image in this conventional, predictable comedy.
½ August 8, 2016
it is a funny movie that I think it fourth watching
August 4, 2016
Funny, enjoyable, and relatable as Will Smith looks more comfortable in this than I've seen in anything in awhile.