Hancock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hancock Reviews

October 28, 2018
Funny, clever, some nice action sequences and some terrific chemistry and performances from Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman.
½ September 30, 2018
B-

Though the third act reveal could've been less "superhero" esque, Hancock is a subversive and sometimes funny attempt at exploring the average everyman if he was given comic book superpowers.
August 9, 2018
It is a good movie with the original best colored superhero. He is better than the black panther by just a little bit but that is my opinion.
½ June 29, 2018
Must say Charlize Theron Acted good in this movie
June 20, 2018
I love this movie. Fate. Purpose. It was an interesting story.
April 1, 2018
I just wish the whole movie would have been a comedy, like the first trailer showed. Instead it was 30 minutes of laughs, and the rest was boring drama that wasn't needed. I wanted to laugh the whole time.
March 30, 2018
Hancock doesn't offer much in terms of reinventing the superhero genre in it's plot and Peter Berg's direction doesn't always work when depicted action scenes,but the more laidback performance of Will Smith, several humorous setpieces involving the titular character preforming his "heroics" and John Powell's pretty amazing score makes this underrated film something worth giving a second chance for.
March 25, 2018
It's two movies for the price of one and it doesn't work out as well as you'd hope. The special effects and action are good, nothing epic but the property damage is still a glorious sight. This film - well, the first half - was quite brave. This time, the property damage affects the public view on the hero. Not that Marvel or DC wouldn't discuss this idea but seeing how this movie is The Incredibles with only one super left, it's nice to see that in the end, all actions have consequences. The comedy works even if half of it was spoiled in the trailers. The charisma of Will Smith is about as solid justification as you can get to see this movie. The second half would've been interesting but seeing how it shifts from an action-comedy into a drama that discusses the origin of Hancock, I don't get why we had to start off with drunk Fresh Prince goes through character development. However, Hancock was still a bold move from Hollywood since it stands out from other superhero movies, especially since like The Incredibles, the character is completely original and not based off of comics. I think you'll like it, just don't get your hopes up too high.
February 22, 2018
Un film incredibilmente piatto e senza sale. E' diretto in modo molto convenzionale, senza uno stile particolare o un filo logico che leghi il tutto. L'idea alla base del film non è del tutto da scartare, ma viene usata in maniera frettolosa, in un banale tentativo che ha tutto il sapore di un film per la televisione.
February 11, 2018
It's a good movie. With good and hilarious moments and reserves your attention.
February 10, 2018
I think the movie does a great job of showing the human side of a hero. Despite being able to do great things we are all human at the end of the day. I know this is a superhero themed movie but you get my point.
January 3, 2018
I found this to be a nice, fresh twist on the superhero genre. The additional layer revealed later in the movie regarding Smith and Theron added some complexity and helped put the motivations into focus. I grew to actually care a bit about the two main characters and how things would resolve. Also, the humor was specific to the comedic arc of the movie and spot-on in most places to serve that end.
½ December 6, 2017
Ce qui démarrait comme une sympathique comédie potache à grand budget (la scène d'ouverture est un spectacle pyrotechnique débile et jouissif à souhait, à grand renfort d'explosions de voitures de police) se transforme au bout d'une heure en une catastrophe industrielle à cause d'un rebondissement totalement contre-productif et sorti de nulle part. De plus, le film perd son côté comique et tombe dans le mélodrame incohérent. Autant la réalisation de Peter Berg fait un malheur sur la première partie, autant son incapacité à tenir un plan plus de 3 secondes est gênante quand il faut faire de l'exposition. Eddie Marsan est un méchant abominable(ment introduit) et Charlize Theron a l'air de s'en foutre totalement. Hancock, ou l'art de se saborder.
October 14, 2017
2008's The Dark Knight Is My Second Favorite Film Of All Time.
October 12, 2017
The idea behind it is rather innovative, but the execution lacks. Will Smith is fine, but the storyline involving Charlize Theron's character feels unneeded and drags the film on.
October 9, 2017
This got crap reviews. But it?s funny, has a storyline with depth, and is original, making it an overall winner.
½ October 8, 2017
Silly, stylish and... nothing much else. The movie doesn't do much for anything except maybe will smith's ego. The story line didn't have a real evil, and that whole my character/nature is the evil was bullshit. All in all, boring.
September 9, 2017
A great concept with a superhero so bad that they need a PR makeover, but it falls off the rails so quickly with a ridiculous twist.
August 9, 2017
Underrated super hero movie. Good characters, humor. Certain things are unsatisfying (the whole fated to repeat thing).
July 31, 2017
Just got done watching this today.