The Happy Cricket Reviews

• Jan 22, 2015

A tale of copyright infringement that has failed attempts at scares. I'd imagine this would be okay for the '70s or early '80s, but this was released in 2006. With simplistic character designs and a poorly-executed plot, this is sure to hold your toddler's attention while you do your taxes. Trust me, only the youngest children will be able to find this atrocity the least bit enjoyable.

• Nov 19, 2014

In the name of his ugliness! The Happy Cricket is a musical talent that believes music can heal almost all things. He and a group of friends want to begin a community surrounded by happiness when an evil Toad Lord arrives and preaches domination. Can the Happy Cricket and his friends thwart the toad Lord or will the Toad Lord rule the forest with an iron fist? "From the circus, me?" "Yeah, you look like a clown." Walbercy Ribas, who also directed the sequel to this picture: The Happy Cricket and the Giant Bugs, delivers The Happy Cricket from the Amazon. The storyline for this picture actually reminded me a little of The Swan Princess. The animation is just okay and reminded me of a late 70s/early 80s animated picture. "For the first time I came out on top." I grabbed this off Netflix to watch with my daughter. I had never heard of this film but I found it more mysterious and entertaining than I anticipated. I liked the Toad Lord and the relationship he has with his sidekick. Overall, this is far from a classic but worth a viewing. "You know somebody who doesn't like music?" Grade: B-