Hard Boiled Sweets Reviews

• Apr 04, 2013

I just saw the movie and I liked it.

I just saw the movie and I liked it.

• Oct 06, 2012

Ännu en brittisk gangsterfilm som vill vara mer badass än Guy Ritchies gangsterfilmer men som dom andra kopiorna så misslyckas lite. Men detta är en av dom bättre kopiorna, dels för att man slipper Danny Dyer som annars brukar husera i billiga gangsterfilmer och för att miljön känns mer Las Vegas än brittisk storstad. Annars är storyn typisk brittisk gangster, ett x antal mer eller mindre skumma personer vill ha tag på en portfölj med pengar och gör nästan vad som helst för att få tag på den. För alla er Indy fans kan jag berätta att den gamle gode Paul Freeman spelar ännu en gång en badguy.

• Aug 07, 2012

You won't find more backstabbing in any other movie.

You won't find more backstabbing in any other movie.

• Jun 30, 2012

Nicely filmed with just enough explanation of each character and a plot to keep you guessing right until the end.

• Jun 06, 2012

It's a half way between one Guy Ritchie's movie and one from Tarantino, but it misses their geniality. Made in England with an unknown but pretty good cast, it's nice but not original. Anyway I liked the ending.

• May 03, 2012

Yet another terrible British Gangster thriller, which features slutty, manipulative wags popping their booty's for old geezers who serve up their cocks as "full english breakfasts" whilst a conveyer belt of forgettable characters come and go and no-one gives a Murray Mint.

• Panta O Super Reviewer
    Apr 30, 2012

[img]http://www.pyromag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/HARD-BOILED-SWEETS-.jpg[/img] Guy Ritchie spoiled us with his movies! This crime thriller tried to do something similar but the black and white shallow characters didn't taste good as sweets! You could witness the crooks galore in this movie - three, possibly four, teams of crooks are out to seize a million quid when London bagman Jimmy the Gent (Peter Wight) comes to a lurid Southend to collect protection money from Shrewd Eddie, the local Mr Big (Paul Freeman). Movie is trying to be smart introducing each character on first appearance with a confectionery that they jokily resemble (eg Shrewd Eddie is the Gob Stopper, gangster moll Porsche played by Ty Glaser is the Sherbet Lemon -- "the sweet that's really tasty and tart" -- and things get sillier from there..., but I don't think that anyone left the cinema with a thought that the director David L.G. Hughes did a smart job! There are eight brutal murders, but the most interesting part in the movie was definitely the part when the gangster's moll likes to have sex with two men on the same day because "she likes to feel the different sperms doing battle inside her"- as Philip French from "The Observer" put it nicely! The script was actually expanded from Hughes' 2007 short "A Girl and a Gun," and seemed rushed to me, especially with the over-mannered dialogue and lines like "He just came by a stinky-winky funk"? ... of course, some critics suggested that this could be just a way of poking fun at this particular subgenre's much-imitated Ritchie-speak but I wish they did it better if that was their intention, because this way instead of taste of the sweet center the viewer got only the wrapper!