Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay Reviews

½ March 21, 2017
Plot Synopsis: In the first one, Harold and Kumar were searching for tiny burgers that are a little too soft and too square. Now, they're running from a bald but way funnier imitation of Donald Trump, cause Rob Corddry's such a funny man.

Harold and Kumar ditch G-Bay may not be as enthusiastic or creative in terms of writing and plot as Going to White Castle, but it's still full of good laughs and makes up a worthy sequel.
½ March 1, 2017
A movie with no meaning what so ever.
February 23, 2017
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay is directed and written by Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg, and it stars John Cho and Kal Penn in a stoner comedy about them going to Amsterdam, but were mistaken for terrorists that one of them has a "bomb", and they get sent to Guantanamo Bay, only to escape it very fast which the government is after them. For some reason I have found this first, and was trying to record the first one, which I didn't want to wait for a few days for that to be in my DirecTV list. So with this one, I can at that it's not as good as the third film, but it's entertaining to say at least. John Cho and Kal Penn are pretty good that it's interesting to see them in a bit of a more raunchy side after seeing them in their Christmas movie. The plot is very idiotic and insane, but it is interesting to see how it plays out, even if it gets predictable in some aspects. The humor is hit-or Miss as there can be some jokes that are so nasty that you be left grossed out sometimes than be laughing at the joke, which the third film did that also, but there are some that got me laughing so hard, so I can't say that it's not funny as it still is. The worst part of this film, is when Rob Corddry shows up as he's so unlikable that his stupid moments are not even amusing to watch. Although he does very well at that, it's just unpleasant to see him act like that. When Neil Patrick Harris shows up, he really stole the show here with some great laughs from him being out of his mind from smoking a lot of things while being in the car with Harold and Kumar. Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay is a good sequel that is probably the weakest of the series, but still manages to be funny out of the likable leads.
February 7, 2017
4/5. A hilarious and worth sequel that is equal parts intelligent and funny.
January 21, 2017
I think it's funnier than the first, but it's not as good of a movie.
November 30, 2016
- More silliness from Harold & Kumar here. John Cho and Kal Penn have great chemistry and make it worth watching. This one definitely isn't as good as the first film though. For fans of the series only.

- Just watched it again. Stupid movie, but it made me laugh. the leads were great and have an excellent chemistry that really helped carry the film.
August 24, 2016
Heavy on the satire, Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanomo Bay has several political statements and more of the type of humor we saw in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. The director seems to have something to say about bullies too, and how they affect the grown up world not just the playground.

If you don't mind a bit of gutter humor, political satire, and drug use humor, enjoy. Not for kids.
½ July 17, 2016
Possibly the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.
½ July 9, 2016
I seriously think that this is, by far, the worst cheap-shitty-low-jokes comedy movie i have ever seen in my entire life.
June 7, 2016
That rare comedy sequel that improves upon the first movie in many ways! It's great raunchy hilarious fun! A+
May 24, 2016
No, it's not as "good" as the first one, but it still has some memorable characters, jokes, and is relentlessly quotable-- and surprisingly provides a little decent social commentary.
½ May 13, 2016
Evidently suspicious.
½ April 23, 2016
Funny film, not as good as first but defo a classic stoner comedy
March 31, 2016
My all time favorite!!!!
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
A funny second part that's not as silly, But just as silly if you get me, But again NPH steals the show his character is so calm but tapped in the head he's the funniest part the film, Not to say the rest of the film isn't good because it is, It's not afraid of boundaries or breaking them.
March 20, 2016
3/20/2016: Not as good as the first one, but still funny.
March 20, 2016
If any comedy deserves a sequel, it is Harold and Kumar, and even though it was very hyped and put on a larger scale with bigger actors and a bigger plot, it doesn't mean that the comedy doesn't become more of the same, while adding slapstick and gross-out jokes, while not specifically trying to embrace them.
March 8, 2016
some punches were like literally top notch! But collectively the whole movie didn't perform so well. it was non sense... for a comedy movie it was kinda cool. I enjoyed it, yup.
½ December 29, 2015
An unfortunate sequel that completely sells out on the cheap humor. It's highly inappropriate without the charm that the first movie had. (First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)