Harry and Max Reviews

• Nov 03, 2011

Una rara relación entre dos hermanos el morbo lo tiene el que se dice que esta basada en Nick Carter y su hermano Aaron Carter. En definitiva el amor es el amor.

• Dec 30, 2010

Forgetting the taboo subject matter of the film, overall it seemed like it tried to be more daring that it was actually willing to be. Cole Williams provided a strong performance but the script was just not strong enough.

• Dec 02, 2009

I feel like this movie was trying too hard to ride on shock value and controversy. Which is a shame because the subject matter does not crop up often, and in cinema, tough subject matter often inspires good directing and writing. Not so with Harry and Max. With utterly average direction, and dialogue writing so false it's laughable, Harry and Max is a desperate parody of a teen romance/drama trying anxiously to tease some meaning out of what is ultimately a story lacking in any real substance. The use of writing on the screen to deal with issues such as the move to New York, or the fact that the camping trip moved from tent to back of car rather than incorporating it into dialogue (I mean: "The next morning (It got cold at night)"? Really?) just was a bad decision. Pure and simple. Not content with not knowing when to use dialogue, the writer also misused it whenever he could. The characters were flat and uninteresting, the supporting characters might as well have not even been there. The treatment of the subject matter was insensitive to gays, insensitive to victims of incest, and more importantly, it was boring. The film was not simply bad, it was pedestrian. The lead actors did their best with a bad film, but I can't help but wonder what it could have been if instead of tripping over itself trying to decide what it actually felt about incest and pedophilia (I seriously couldn't tell), it just dropped the brothers angle and the yoga instructor subplot altogether and told a story about teen idols, gay romance, and ultimately why liking someone isn't good enough, they have to be good for you too. If you want a decent LGBT themed film, this is not it. Harry and Max's failures are compounded by tantalising glimpses at what this film could have been in the hands of a talented director and writing team. All in all, despite casting good-looking, talented leads, nothing could save this utter trainwreck of a film.

• Sep 10, 2009

Kudos for trying to really break taboos, but director Christopher Munch does the actors no service by bogging them down in a script made up of convoluted motives. This one leaves you hanging, and doesn't earn its ambiguity.

• Jun 28, 2009

Ehh, could've been better. Subject matter was interesting but there wasn't enough done with it. Oh, and the ending sucked.

• Jun 27, 2009

Albeit disturbing subject matter, oh wait...not really that disturbing compared to typical hollywood fanfare of killing, murder and mayhem, this film was kinda calm and quiet in it's own way. Yeah some may feel that it's boring but at times boring can be good. However that doesn't mean lack in acting or even bad script. I would wish there is a more deeper emotional charge between the actors and not just talk talk talk...But I still find Bryce Johnson to be soooooo delish!

• Jun 11, 2009

This was a random watch for me, and it ended up being about gay incest (!) However, it's forgettable.... in fact, I can't remember anything about it other than the brothers taking a road trip, and I don't remember any steamy scenes. So... what I can say from it is: This gay-themed road movie is gay. I'm anticipating the upcoming Brazilian film From Beginning to End (Do Começo ao Fim) by Aluisio Abranches. The trailer makes it out to be everything that this movie wasn't.

• Jun 11, 2009

I consider myself an open-minded person but I really couldn't wrap my mind around this incestuous gay movie, or incest for that matter. Anyway, ignoring the subject matter, I think this movie just.... suck!

• Feb 22, 2009

This is not the best movie nor is it the worst. A touchy subject looked at but not explained or judged. Sort of abrupt ending - like they spent their time with the exposition and had to rush to wind it up. See it before you buy it.

• Oct 19, 2008

very wrong but also very sweet..O.o i love cole williams so i liked it!:)

very wrong but also very sweet..O.o i love cole williams so i liked it!:)