Harry Brown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harry Brown Reviews

½ December 30, 2016
If movies like "Death Wish" and "Gran Torino" had a British baby, it would be called "Harry Brown". It's the only reason I don't give it a higher rating, but the movie is pretty good.
December 6, 2016
Gritty and brutal , but well worth the watch. Classic Micheal Caine.
October 11, 2016
Dark, brutal and unnerving. Its a vert smart thriller in which Michael Caine plays a brilliant role.
September 19, 2016
Truly British drama at it's best. Gritty violence, simple but great concept and acting is spot on from all roles. Loved it.
jamrcla
August 17, 2016
There's been a few films like this before, Usually set in America and always ends up being just another action movie, This is set in London and is very believable, Michael Cane was brilliant and carries the film, It has some quite gruesome scenes and the film fires on all cylinders from the acting, The whole tone of the movie is done well, It's even emotional at times, It can be hard to imagine anyone Michael Canes age doing something like this but it works well and is different to other films like it, A very unappreciated film that maybe not for everyone but is very gripping from start to finish.
August 8, 2016
The part Michael Caine played was very farfetched. Not convincing at all. When I looked at the picture on the dvd cover of him with a gun and then read the back about him dispensing his own brand of justice I thought before I put it on... Ime not sure how this is going to work. This is no disrespect to Michael Caine as he is a brilliant actor but hes not suited to a part like this. Liam Neeson comes to mind. That aside not the best of films anyway didnt enjoy. Definitely only a 1 time watch.
July 21, 2016
just brilliant acting, script and storyline. An English Gran Torino but better
July 6, 2016
Harry Brown is one of them movies that would take half of the movie to kick in. It is sometimes good to watch a movie like that so it can break into a better dialogue between Harry, who is played by Michael Caine and the police officers that are not bothered with the reports about the estate, until Harry takes matters into his own hands. I would seriously recommend if you are into action and vigilante movies.
½ April 4, 2016
Ok film. Was expecting slightly more from it though, not as much action as I expected. Good cast and good plot.
½ January 21, 2016
Yes, it's a good movie
January 2, 2016
Michael Caine interpreta a un vengador anónimo en "Harry Brown", la historia de un anciano viudo y ex-soldado quien, al perder a su mejor amigo en manos de unos jóvenes pandilleros psicópatas, decide tomar venganza. Ben Drew, el rappero inglés mejor conocido como Plan B, interpreta al líder de la pandilla y el más psicópata de todos. "Harry Brown" es una violenta cinta de clase B elevada a B+ gracias a sus actores.
December 25, 2015
150917: Purchased DVD from Beaumont Dollar Tree.
December 20, 2015
A brilliant performance from Michael Caine in a story that really does play on the fears many more vulnerable people do suffer in dangerous parts of modern London. The vigilante twist makes this quite a crowd pleasing film as well and therefore hard not to enjoy. The film's uncensored and realistic take on just how evil youth gangs can be is very much to it's credit. Such a constantly dark tone however, does fail to give enough contrast from which to view the dark events as they unfold. All in all, a fantastically involving and emotional movie if you can knuckle down for quite a pessimistic two hours.
November 17, 2015
Very likeable, but too over the top at many times and lazy effects amongst other faults. Watchable if you like Michael Caine and old vigilantes; maybe fit to be a guilty pleasure for some?
November 15, 2015
85%
Saw this on 15/11/15
Action without violence is like cake without sugar and I absolutely adore violence in films. Michael Caine, the old man who could barely stand in most of the Nolan movies gives a powerful performance in this violent and action oriented film. Caine's acting is splendid when he shows anger in his dialogues, emotions and even with his stares. The film is also an effective vigilante thriller, one that justifies the need for vigilantism in it's story.
October 11, 2015
One of the most powerful films I have seen. You just want to be part of an army that rises up and cleans out all the scum in Britain that is destroying the country men like this character fought for. And I'm from a foreign country, originally!!
½ September 22, 2015
This should be considered one of Michael Caine's best. Gritty, sad and very English. Great film.
September 15, 2015
oh violent and brutal ah cover your eyes and wait till its over. Gritty and grey looking. I would give 2 starts but I rather liked the acting.
But oh man Michael Caine was a badass here, nice twisty ending too.
August 26, 2015
How fun and satisfying it is to see Michael Caine even at the age of 77 at the time still kick ass, and the story and script adds a unexpected heightened sense of emotional substance to this vigilante thriller
½ August 8, 2015
A gory and well crafted "You killed my blank, I will kill everything flick" that is made better by Michael Caine's involvement. The riot finale dragged a bit.