Haywire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Haywire Reviews

October 30, 2016
It's a double-cross shoot-em-up, but it's a pretty good one! The film is better if you watch the bonus feature about Gina Carano's training.
October 20, 2016
Such a great action flick with a female lead that is so killer + cool! I was really impressed!
September 29, 2016
This action movie begins very slowly but picks up pace about a quarter way through. With as many name stars - Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor, Bill Paxton, Antonio Banderas, Michael Douglas - one expects more than this delivers. Gina Carano did a decent enough job, but she reminded me a bit of Derek Zoolander in many scenes. She's trying for different looks to convey feelings, but they all ending up just looking constipated.
½ September 15, 2016
This is a brilliant movie. Gina Carano is a revelation in my opinion. Watch it without expecting a standard Hollywood Glitz action movie and you will likely live it.
½ August 19, 2016
I liked it. Generic plot and not the best acting but entertaining and good filmmaking.
July 27, 2016
It's beautifully shot and has a great cast, but Haywire is a mostly boring, uninspired attempt by director Steven Soderbergh, with uneven pacing and a cliche story.
July 24, 2016
I must have seen a different movie to most who argue this is a good thriller. I found it to be dull, sub-standardly acted and poorly scripted with some decent fight scenes thrown in. The plot is hard to follow and fails to really make any sense by the end in that it is a too long a plan for all the components to fall into place. The fight scenes looked good but the lack of tense music behind them caused the battles to become dull, especially the climactic fight. The top notch cast seem to put in half hazard performances (Fassbender aside) and Soderbergh's direction is uninspiring and lacklusture. Don't be fooled by the names on the box, this movie is not worth the short running time it boasts.
June 4, 2016
Carano is okay in her first lead role but is really just there for fight scenes. Those scenes are entertaining, but everything else, from the plot, characters, and more, are pretty boring and forgettable.
½ June 2, 2016
You've got to be f_cking sh_tting me! Critics put down the crystal meth! Sometimes even A list actors can't save you from a sh_tty plot! Also, the acting done by Gina Carano, f_cking horrible! If you really want to see a bad a_s chic action flick then go watch Colombiana! End of story!
April 21, 2016
Action-packed and visually stunning, Haywire is a film that most action fans should enjoy. Gina Carano is great as the lead, and the star-studded cast is amazing as well. Definitely entertaining, but felt lacking in a few areas. Good to see, but it won't blow you away by any means
April 4, 2016
An underrated, slow, methodically paced action-thriller. Gina Carano has great screen presence, and though her acting ability is lacking, she's surrounded by A-list actors to help pick up the slack. Also, has a lovely, jazzy score.
½ March 30, 2016
This has lots of people in it. An ensemble cast, if you will. Yet it is truly dire. The whole thing is shot via Instagram filters. The storyline is absent until the last 279 seconds. Even then it's paltry. This is not worth the £1 I paid from Poundland for it. I'm never getting these 90 minutes back.
March 24, 2016
Despite the stellar cast, lead Gina Carano lacked personality and seemingly also lacked a script, rendering this otherwise solid thriller, somewhat of a bore
½ March 22, 2016
This movie was . . . haywire. It could have been very good, but too many loose ends
March 18, 2016
This is really not a good film, I can't understand the positive critic reviews it has. It's slow and cheap looking. The action chase sequences in Dublin are laughably badly paced and so cheap looking and poorly managed that its obvious they're re-using the same 3 masked extras to represent the 'dozens' of SWAT team members that apparently rocked up in one 4x4.They Dublin sequences are dull and without character. I'm guessing the Irish Film Boards money went on getting Steven Soderburgh who then called in some favours from people who liked working with him to give up their weekend for a big cheque. The big names are rarely seen off the phone or out of an office or living room (a dead give away of a short low-effort shoot). The story such as it is is inconsequential and 'builds' or rather sleep walks to a climax at what I believe is probably Bill Paxtons real house. As for Gina Carano she is just so wooden in the role of BAHF, if she doesn't appear to care about or be emotionally engaged by the conspiracy against her why should we..
On the positive side it's always good to see Bill Paxton and I liked the score.
½ March 16, 2016
For a decent cast, the acting blows. Find something else.
½ March 3, 2016
Excellent movie, particularly if you appreciate a female action heroine.
February 21, 2016
The movie is slightly confusing and despite what people say, it is very slow-paced.
February 15, 2016
The best way I can describe Haywire is that if it were sentient, it would be sitting comfortably in a high-backed armchair in front of a roaring fire with a glass of whiskey, watching itself.