Head Above Water Reviews

• Dec 21, 2016

Really silly. I didn't even have the interest level to stay until the end, I just turned off the TV. Not much sense of comic timing here and it's hard to understand why the big-name stars even made this unless it was that they were well paid. Harvey Keitel is grossly miscast and the script is pretty darn lame, just throwing in twists for the sole purpose of keeping the audience guessing.

• Sep 25, 2016

Some dark humour in this comedy played superbly by Diaz and co. Just when you think you know what's going to happen, it surprises you with sharp twists.

• Jan 23, 2016

You made a mess and I cleaned it up. An old judge marries a woman he is soft on that comes into his court room. They head to the woman's family home on the water where an old friend with the hots for her and an ex-boyfriend resides. The ex-boyfriend dies, the judge and wife need to decide what to do with the body, and people keep popping in on them. Can they work together to get out of this sticky situation? "Who's laughing now, Tweety?" Jim Wilson, director of 50 to 1, Whirlygirl, Smart Alec, and Stacy's Knights, delivers Head Above Water. The storyline for this picture is miserable and simple and fairly frustrating. The acting was just okay but the premise and script were not worthwhile. The cast delivers average performances and includes Harvey Keitel, Cameron Diaz, Craig Sheffer, Billy Zane, and Shay Duffin. "Let's just do it and we'll all be satisfied." I came across this on HBOGO and decided to give it a viewing since it starred Harvey Keitel. The film was very disappointing, clumsy, and a bit all over the place. Diaz was a very frustrating character and the movie doesn't seem clever or well done at all. I recommend skipping this. "This is crazy." Grade: C-

• Jan 21, 2015

A wonderfully intense movie, but the end is VERY disappointing.

A wonderfully intense movie, but the end is VERY disappointing.

• Jul 19, 2014

Silly. Always had a thing for this film.

Silly. Always had a thing for this film.

• Aug 13, 2012

Very funny black comedy. I never knew Harvey Keitel could be this funny. Wonderful little gem.

• Aug 27, 2011

When you watch this all your troubles seem to be so small. Great Harvey Keitel.

When you watch this all your troubles seem to be so small. Great Harvey Keitel.

• Jul 29, 2011

Very silly but very enjoyable comedy thriller.

Very silly but very enjoyable comedy thriller.

• Oct 17, 2010

Liked the "different" on this one.

Liked the "different" on this one.

• Aug 11, 2010

6/10: A good dark comedy but was left frustrated with Cameron Diaz's bitchy role. Felt like slapping her.