Head of State - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Head of State Reviews

November 29, 2017
There was not thing plausible that existed in this movie.
- The current VP and GOP Presidential Candidate's argument for his presidency: I'm Sharon Stone's cousin!!!!
- Chris Rock as the Democratic Candidate: You're full of shit, VP!!!

This sounds like the 2016 Presidential Election but not so much. Racism helped the more vulgar candidate win while racism would cost a black man his chance at the presidency if he screamed any form of vulgarity.

How could Roger Ebert have given this film 3 stars out of 4? Now you know why I don't care for him the same way I never cared for this film?
October 7, 2017
10/2/2017 (2): Meh. A few funny lines, but that was it. Very forgettable.
April 13, 2017
Mays Gilliam did not attend this years rally against cancer! Is Mays Gilliam for or against Cancer?
February 5, 2017
Terrible! It's not funny and will bore you. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ September 6, 2016
Way better than I remembered it. Funny movie. Good time.
January 22, 2016
Very bad film. Avoid this at all costs.

Rock is a man who continues to perpetuate stereotypes for the price of "comedy" and continues making one terrible film after the other.
June 24, 2015
Chris Rock es genial
February 19, 2015
Alderman becomes President in this predictable comedy starring Chris Rock.
½ September 23, 2014
Week comedy with a some laughs and a good cast.
June 29, 2014
A couple of funny seconds based on phony stereotypes and then it was over. Thank god.
½ June 23, 2014
Hoped for more laughs (14) TV
June 8, 2014
This film missed out on some great opportunities by keeping it PG13 and never really getting political enough, instead its for the common people, like the candidates platform. Though it would've been much better with a more satirical look at the government, the tone is still good.
½ April 24, 2014
Stupid film about a black man becoming president. The fact that this happened soon after this film was made is about as far from prophetic as can be, it just showed that Chris Rock clearly overestimated American racism. I actually think that comedians who use their race as 90% of thier act are not helping matters so films like this do my head in a bit. I gave it an few extra credits for some of the common sense spoken in this otherwise silly film.
April 7, 2014
Ok movie. Decent amount of laughs, ok performances from Rock and Mac.
September 28, 2013
A black man becomes President... how silly! The comedy is low-brow and not too funny.
½ September 14, 2013
Chris Rock is an alderman, the candidate for the Democratic party are killed in an accident, so he is chosen so they can lose without worrying about their image being tarnished from the loss. Instead, he turns situation on its head and becomes a viable candidate. It's weird watching this in a post Obama world, but I can see what this film was trying to do. Unfortunately, it's really only funny for the first half with the culture clash and Bernie Mac. Then it just gets really boring and predictable without being funny. Could have been better.
½ August 11, 2013
This movie had a good concept, but very poorly played out.
August 4, 2013
1989's Do The Right Thing Is My Eighth Favorite Film Of All Time.
½ July 17, 2013
Clever political satire, really resembles the presidential run of someone else we might know. (It's Alan Gou you racists)
½ June 14, 2013
Although it's forgettable and a little bit incoherent, Head of State has enough humor from Chris Rock and Bernie Mac to keeps itself from sinking.