Heartbreak Ridge Reviews

• Jun 15, 2020

I bit cheesy in some scenes but a good flick overall!!!

I bit cheesy in some scenes but a good flick overall!!!

• May 05, 2020

The best Clint Eastwood movie out there. It shows him at his best. The pacing of the movie is excellent, and does not get bogged down in any one aspect from training to war, nor does it gloss over any of the necessary steps. The direction is fantastic as he not only gets the most out of a supporting cast that does not have any A listers, but also gets the most out of every scene without any unnecessary fluff.

• Apr 14, 2020

It's not one of the best clint films, but it has great quality

It's not one of the best clint films, but it has great quality

• Nov 25, 2019

One of the better portrayals of U.S. Marines across Hollywood. While some who have never served will decry it as a poor portrayal of war, and that it doesn't live up to other "war" films; that's clearly missing the point. The point of the movie, if it isn't evident with Highway's relationship with Aggie, is the characters. The characters and their development are what make it a film. Yes, there is the situation of Grenada, and ultimately there are a few minor combat scenes, but it is the first time that these marines are put into a combat situation. It shows that Gunny Highway has taught them how to operate in combat, as opposed to what Major Powers was trying to do. As a marine; I think it is a very good portrayal. There are marines that need some "straightening", as in real life. And given the right leadership, the service above self that is present in all marines is reignited and allowed to shine. Anyone who doesn't like this movie, clearly didn't serve.

• Mar 25, 2019

A great movie I can watch over and over again.

A great movie I can watch over and over again.

• Dec 06, 2018

Eastwood stars (and directed) the film as Thomas "Gunny" Highway, a very seasoned and highly decorated, but a troublesome U.S. Marine gunnery sergeant. Highway begins what may be his last tour of duty and along the way, he deals with a rowdy and undisciplined bunch of recruits (Mario Van Peebles being the most sarcastic and cocky one among the bunch) and turns them into reliable soldiers, Major Powers (Everett McGill), a higher-ranking officer who totally dislikes Highway, and tries to revive his relationship with Aggie (Marsha Mason), his ex-wife who isn't afraid to tell him about the misery that she has suffered. If you are a fan of Clint I suppose you can give this film a shot.

• Jul 22, 2018

Great military movie starring Clint Eastwood. Great chemistry between all the guys.

• Nov 23, 2017

Clint Eastwood films are either en pointe or they just don't work & in my opinion this was a film that just failed to grip. The story of disgruntled Marine Instructor back teaching recruits but largely out of date with modern soldiers & the way of life in the Marines Today. Has some good scenes here or there but fails to grab you overall, I found myself regularly distracted & Un engaged.

• Mar 24, 2017

Eastwood delivers it and with thunder and bang. He rocks ! It's a bit macho as usual but has got depth in each single frame.

• Feb 20, 2017

Clint Eastwood has his full share of extreme trash talk and tough guy persona as a Marine Sargent here. Hard not to get a chuckle between the young men and Clint whipping them into shape. Good blend of comedy and drama