Heckler Reviews

• May 11, 2019

I'm coming in late to this. But I had to say that I find extremely ironic that those who gave the movie a low rating are all trying to justify their own right to criticize and completely miss the point during the last half of the movie. My impression was not that Jamie Kennedy was try to be self-indulgent, but that the online criticism has reached an unhealthy and unhelpful point.. Yes people in the public eye should expect to be criticized but not on a personal level. The criticism should be entirely directed at the movie and not those individuals involved with the movie. And that the anonymous ability of blogs, online reviews, and lack of any qualification makes the vast majority of criticism unqualified. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, everyone shouldn't think having an opinion gives them the right to personally attack people they may not like. I found heckler interesting all the way through. As an amateur movie watcher I fully agree with Joe Rogan that hecklers are 100% douche-bags, and it seems like critics are moving that way too. The lack of ability to realize a critic who has qualifications, can keep their opinions on a professional level (not personal) and are not trying to gain attention and a wider audience, and aren't as self-absorbed as those they criticize is almost impossible. Even reading the reviews of this movie, the critics didn't take this movie to re-examine their actions/ opinions but again instead attack those involved with the movie

• Apr 08, 2018

It starts out interestingly about the world of heckling and the stirs it causes to performers, then it becomes a bash attempt to blame film critics as hecklers and how Jamie Kennedy feels he is persecuted by them.

• Mar 23, 2016

A must see if you are fan of the comedy club

A must see if you are fan of the comedy club

• Aug 30, 2015

For a movie focusing on (and featuring appearances from many) comedians, this movie was bizarrely unfunny. The comic who is doing the project is just not that likable and his jokes are awful. Many of the comics interviewed seem to have anger issues and possibly other problems. In many of the cases I felt sympathy with the hecklers. A lot of the jokes were racist or sexist. I also just feel like dealing with hecklers comes with the territory. The amount of pure rage that pours out of some of these guys when they get heckled is honestly disturbing. Overall this movie made me have a lower opinion of many comedians and stand-up in general.

• Jun 04, 2015

Jamie Kennedy doesn't react well to criticism, which is why his act is so wonderfully shit.

• Apr 27, 2015

am sorry Jamie kennedy this was so fucking shit and so bording as well man. it was shit

• Jul 07, 2014

Heckler begins interestingly about performers and their vendetta against them. But it becomes all to clear that this is Jamie Kennedy's own personal problems with critics and audiences bashing his crappy movies.

• Jun 04, 2014

A misleading start, poor direction, and awful editing come together to drag down an excellent premise. It's too bad Kennedy didn't collaborate with more creative and talented individuals, because he was on to something here.

• Apr 30, 2014

This is a very mature film...it needs to be redone with a bigger budget!!!!

This is a very mature film...it needs to be redone with a bigger budget!!!!

• Mar 06, 2014

It's not lost on me that I'm now on the internet reviewing this movie... I went into Heckler hoping for some laughs and an "inside" peek at the comedy world - and it starts out much like that: comics talking about hecklers, being heckled, gigs, etc. Slowly, though, it morphs into a long string of complaints about critics, both professional and amateur, that unravels into mostly potshots and mudslinging (fat, asshole, and loser being the most common). The last 20 minutes become almost tedious. It's clearly an indulgent project on Kennedy's part- and he admits as much near the end, so I have to pat him on the back for his insight. Still, it's worth a view, especially for the first third -- at least in the opinion of this fat asshole from Ohio. 3 stars