Here Comes the Boom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Here Comes the Boom Reviews

March 21, 2017
This movie does what it's supposed to. It entertains.
½ March 4, 2017
I actually really enjoyed this movie and I'm typically not a fan of Kevin James! I was skeptical going into the theater to see this one but I left feeling like I had a good time.
February 11, 2017
I liked the overall story. I didn't find myself laughing too much, even though this was a comedy. It was nice seeing a fellow Filipino, Charice, in it. Good enough in my opinion.
January 13, 2017
I wasn't sure what to expect with this, having my last Kevin James film watched being Paul Blart (several years ago, I really didn't like it). It was very pleasing to see a more honest to goodness comedy that didn't rely on the cheap or disgusting to entertain. The story was fun and funny. It's worth checking out at least once.
November 14, 2016
A great feel good movie.Worth a watch especially if you like sport and romance.
½ August 28, 2016
Good for some laughs and some heart
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Ok the plot has been done time and time again but this just felt different, There wasn't an awful lot of comedy, Where the movie really shines is the fight scenes, They were done very well they weren't silly, They were very gripping, Easily Kevin James best film.
½ July 10, 2016
I was surprised the R.T rating is THIS low. I don't think it's a masterpiece but I thought this movie was good, I liked it.
½ July 1, 2016
Here Comes the Boom is entertaining and brilliant. This is Kevin James' best movie yet. Also, the plot of this movie is even more brilliant. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ May 16, 2016
I enjoyed this. Great story
May 14, 2016
Bas Rutten and Henry Winkler both make this film well worth a watch if you're into light-hearted comedies. However, Kevin James is surprisingly effective in this film as well. Kind of makes me wish he'd break away from making god-awful Sandler movies and try his hand at better screenplays from filmmakers with actual talent.
½ April 28, 2016
A high school teacher who used to wrestle decides to step back in the ring in order to save the school he works at.
January 7, 2016
Kevin James did a great job making a fun movie that I enjoy with my family and did a good job of not being overly comic so that we can care what is happening to everyone in the film
January 2, 2016
I don't know what you are looking at๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,
½ December 3, 2015
There are people living on the streets, who are homeless and have nothing. Why don't we take the money that Kevin James was supposed to make for his next couple movies and give it to the people who are in need of it, because this is garbage and is wasting money and peoples time.
½ September 28, 2015
From any Happy Madison movie, I always expect them to not be good, that is until there was a pleasant surprise from Kevin James's Here Comes the Boom that turn out to be a good time to watch. The plot is a little ridiculous, but somehow it actually kind of works, although there were moments that were just there to keep the movie going. Kevin James is pretty good at being a careless character at first because it usually can go into mean-spirited territory, but he never came by across that. There are a lot of good jokes, but there are some that are a misfire, but never groan-inducing worthy. The chemistry between Kevin James and Salma Hayek is decent at best, but you can tell where it's going to go, and it's a bit underdeveloped. Henry Winkler is very good which makes me very glad that the cast actually act like regular people, and not just jerks like from Adam Sandler films these days. The fight scenes are pretty entertaining to watch, some even really funny, which from a main character who's very likable, you just want to root for him to get what he needs to accomplish. It's got some genuine heartfelt moments, and does try its best to send kid viewers to the right route with a good message, even if Here Comes the Boom is a little ridiculous to comprehend for adults.
½ September 27, 2015
Very fun and exciting movie. It is one of the only new comedies that I actually enjoyed. It had a story, it had the action, the comedy, it had everything for a good comedy. I found myself laughing a lot, and even found myself intrigued. Nice and fresh new comedy. Definitely better than his Mall Cop 2 movie.
September 24, 2015
Kevin James makes better movies without Adam Sandler and Here Comes the Boom is proof of that. It's still pretty much just a comedy version of Warrior.
September 17, 2015
Silly, goofy, inspiring and a lot of fun. Great message.
½ September 17, 2015
A great choice to watch in a family movie night, has some cliches but still very enjoyable.