Here Comes the Boom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Here Comes the Boom Reviews

April 18, 2018
An unexpectedly fun and comedic entry in the filmography of Kevin James, Here Comes the Boom may not break any new ground - hell, it's not even that memorable - but the wonderful performances, thoughtful storyline and even somewhat enjoyable fight sequences make it a WAY-better-than-average movie in its own right.
April 7, 2018
Funny, entertaining and also heartfelt, Here Comes The Boom showcases one of Kevin James' more genuinely sentimental performances, even if the narrative is a bit less satisfying.
November 3, 2017
Super good funny family movie.
½ August 28, 2017
But, if the science teacher is giving all his money back to the school so they can pay the music teacher, doesn't that mean that the science teacher is paying the music teacher to teach music at the school where the science teacher works for free? What a sucker!
August 14, 2017
Now to think about it, it's unoriginal with a reuse plot and the same genre's motivation, but as an improvement for enjoyment thanks to the humor and the cast to better express the storyline's sense of a actual, worthy heartening nature without being totally silly. (B+)

(Full review TBD)
July 4, 2017
Did Kevin James star in a movie that's actually entertaining? If the trailer is to be trusted, this seems like it will be genuinely good. Even if it's not, it's got Salma Hayek, so I'll be seeing it anyway.
March 21, 2017
This movie does what it's supposed to. It entertains.
½ March 4, 2017
I actually really enjoyed this movie and I'm typically not a fan of Kevin James! I was skeptical going into the theater to see this one but I left feeling like I had a good time.
February 11, 2017
I liked the overall story. I didn't find myself laughing too much, even though this was a comedy. It was nice seeing a fellow Filipino, Charice, in it. Good enough in my opinion.
January 13, 2017
I wasn't sure what to expect with this, having my last Kevin James film watched being Paul Blart (several years ago, I really didn't like it). It was very pleasing to see a more honest to goodness comedy that didn't rely on the cheap or disgusting to entertain. The story was fun and funny. It's worth checking out at least once.
November 14, 2016
A great feel good movie.Worth a watch especially if you like sport and romance.
½ August 28, 2016
Good for some laughs and some heart
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Ok the plot has been done time and time again but this just felt different, There wasn't an awful lot of comedy, Where the movie really shines is the fight scenes, They were done very well they weren't silly, They were very gripping, Easily Kevin James best film.
½ July 10, 2016
I was surprised the R.T rating is THIS low. I don't think it's a masterpiece but I thought this movie was good, I liked it.
½ July 1, 2016
Here Comes the Boom is entertaining and brilliant. This is Kevin James' best movie yet. Also, the plot of this movie is even more brilliant. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ May 16, 2016
I enjoyed this. Great story
May 14, 2016
Bas Rutten and Henry Winkler both make this film well worth a watch if you're into light-hearted comedies. However, Kevin James is surprisingly effective in this film as well. Kind of makes me wish he'd break away from making god-awful Sandler movies and try his hand at better screenplays from filmmakers with actual talent.
½ April 28, 2016
A high school teacher who used to wrestle decides to step back in the ring in order to save the school he works at.
January 7, 2016
Kevin James did a great job making a fun movie that I enjoy with my family and did a good job of not being overly comic so that we can care what is happening to everyone in the film
January 2, 2016
I don't know what you are looking at๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,๐~,