Here Comes the Boom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Here Comes the Boom Reviews

½ July 10, 2016
I was surprised the R.T rating is THIS low. I don't think it's a masterpiece but I thought this movie was good, I liked it.
½ July 1, 2016
Here Comes the Boom is entertaining and brilliant. This is Kevin James' best movie yet. Also, the plot of this movie is even more brilliant. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ May 16, 2016
I enjoyed this. Great story
May 14, 2016
Bas Rutten and Henry Winkler both make this film well worth a watch if you're into light-hearted comedies. However, Kevin James is surprisingly effective in this film as well. Kind of makes me wish he'd break away from making god-awful Sandler movies and try his hand at better screenplays from filmmakers with actual talent.
½ April 28, 2016
A high school teacher who used to wrestle decides to step back in the ring in order to save the school he works at.
January 7, 2016
Kevin James did a great job making a fun movie that I enjoy with my family and did a good job of not being overly comic so that we can care what is happening to everyone in the film
January 2, 2016
I don't know what you are looking at~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,
½ December 3, 2015
There are people living on the streets, who are homeless and have nothing. Why don't we take the money that Kevin James was supposed to make for his next couple movies and give it to the people who are in need of it, because this is garbage and is wasting money and peoples time.
½ September 28, 2015
From any Happy Madison movie, I always expect them to not be good, that is until there was a pleasant surprise from Kevin James's Here Comes the Boom that turn out to be a good time to watch. The plot is a little ridiculous, but somehow it actually kind of works, although there were moments that were just there to keep the movie going. Kevin James is pretty good at being a careless character at first because it usually can go into mean-spirited territory, but he never came by across that. There are a lot of good jokes, but there are some that are a misfire, but never groan-inducing worthy. The chemistry between Kevin James and Salma Hayek is decent at best, but you can tell where it's going to go, and it's a bit underdeveloped. Henry Winkler is very good which makes me very glad that the cast actually act like regular people, and not just jerks like from Adam Sandler films these days. The fight scenes are pretty entertaining to watch, some even really funny, which from a main character who's very likable, you just want to root for him to get what he needs to accomplish. It's got some genuine heartfelt moments, and does try its best to send kid viewers to the right route with a good message, even if Here Comes the Boom is a little ridiculous to comprehend for adults.
½ September 27, 2015
Very fun and exciting movie. It is one of the only new comedies that I actually enjoyed. It had a story, it had the action, the comedy, it had everything for a good comedy. I found myself laughing a lot, and even found myself intrigued. Nice and fresh new comedy. Definitely better than his Mall Cop 2 movie.
September 24, 2015
Kevin James makes better movies without Adam Sandler and Here Comes the Boom is proof of that. It's still pretty much just a comedy version of Warrior.
September 17, 2015
Silly, goofy, inspiring and a lot of fun. Great message.
½ September 17, 2015
A great choice to watch in a family movie night, has some cliches but still very enjoyable.
½ September 16, 2015
A funny movie with a silly plot. 2.5 stars for the humor.
½ September 8, 2015
great amazing now how do u add movies so u can watch them for free !! pls
½ August 28, 2015
kevin James delivers yet again in this feel good movie with laughs around every corner. It is truly hard to dislike this movie
August 21, 2015
Kevin James is definitely a well chose actor to play his designated role. You wouldn't want some big tough guy who would make it easy and you don't want a little scrawny guy to make it unbelievable. This movie delivers a strong message about caring and courage, and despite being somewhat predictable, it's not bad. It was much better than I expected, and I expect most people will feel the same way to this predictable, yet tolerable movie.
½ August 15, 2015
It definitely shows that Kevin James is better in the movies without Adam Sandler being involved.
August 8, 2015
I thought this was in the top 3 best movies kevin james has done. its like school of rock meets never back down
July 27, 2015
The movie is very cliched in terms of plot points and gags...