High School Musical - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School Musical Reviews

August 9, 2017
This is a much loved Disney classic. I did not see it until I was much older, but I can appreciate the themes of embracing yourself and supporting your friends in their goals and interests. It is cute and gushy, but the main point of the film will always be relevant.
August 4, 2017
Even as I child I didn't like it, neither did I as a teen. Aggressively silly, sexist and stereotyped, 'High School Musical' could hardly be more idiotic, and its two teen actors certainly don't elevate it with their amateurish acting. Anyway, watching this definitely isn't the best way to shape a child's brain, and I personally would avoid that film, and favor a viewing of the good old 'Grease' which is much more satisfying at all levels.
July 11, 2017
I wish I could get my time back
June 11, 2017
Best childhood movie ever!
½ May 30, 2017
Adding this to intentionally lower the score JACK
May 13, 2017
We need to save our show from people who don't know the difference between a Tony Award and Tony Hawk.
April 24, 2017
This movie changed my life. 11/10. I loved it. Amazing. Would watch this movie everyday.
April 21, 2017
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY
½ April 4, 2017
Mediocre at best. While it's OK, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL is still not very good movie making. Just teen fodder.
March 13, 2017
I love this movie so much
March 9, 2017
I Love this Movie...It was my most favourite movie of all...I really wished that it woild continue. I missed their singing and dancing it was so good even more it was GREAT! I missed High School Musical. Best Movie ever...love you HSM!!!
½ December 19, 2016
It's a classic haha. Like a film version of Glee. Or Glee is the tv version of it.
December 13, 2016
Corny, fun, thats Disney Channel.
½ November 19, 2016
Really great, feel good movie.
October 29, 2016
Best Disney Channel movie of all time
October 21, 2016
If you are a die hard fan of Disney Channel movies, this movie is for you! Otherwise, steer clear! D+
September 13, 2016
Best thing I have ever seen in my entire life
September 8, 2016
I saw this and I just couldn't watch any more of this I found it boring
½ September 8, 2016
this movie was made well for it's audience the characters are exaggerated but not completely fake, and the story line works well for a disney movie.
½ August 29, 2016
I didn't really like it at all. I was surprised to see such high ratings from the critics...it has an elementary vocabulary, the stars don't even lip sync their songs correctly, and the evil Sharpay doesn't even learn her lesson.