High School Musical - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School Musical Reviews

November 22, 2017
anthony loves this movie a lot.
½ November 17, 2017
its enjoyable when you just want some old school highschool style drama. made me feel reminicent about highschool
November 13, 2017
"High school musical" is one of the most popular musical movies in the 2000s. This is a movie which took place at "East High School", imaginary high school in the U.S. This movie released in 2006 by Disney Channel and won two outstanding of Primetime Emmy Award in 2006, one of the biggest American awards for American primetime television programming and also the soundtrack of this movie reached number 1 on U.S. Billboard 200. The main actor is Zac Efron who is known as an actor good at singing.

In this movies, there are many songs and these songs are stuck in your head then you are going to be a high school musical addiction. Men and women of all ages can enjoy this movie, because the story reminds your joyful high school memories or you can imagine your high school life in the future!

The story outline is the two main characters "Troy Bolton" and "Gabriella Montez" go toward to be a main actor and actress for the school musical. Troy is a captain of the basketball club, and Gabriella is the smartest student in the school. They met for the first time at a party during winter break, and they sang a song together. After the break, Gabriella transferred to East High School where Troy goes and Troy saw her at school. While Troy was showing her around school, they saw a poster of the audition of school musical. Gabriella got interested in auditioning and she finally appeared to the audition. To attend the audition, she needed a partner to sing with, then Troy decided to sing with Gabriella. As a result, two pairs won the audition and a few weeks later callbacks would be held. To win the callbacks, they started to practice harder. However, Troy would have an important basketball game and his teammates worried about him because he was focusing on only singing so they tried to stop singing. Troy persuaded them and changed their mind. He also change his mind then he started to do hard both basketball and singing then he won the basketball game, and eventually, Troy and Gabriella were selected as a main actor and actress for the school musical.

You know that Disney products tend to be predictable stories and it is also a predictable story because the two main characters are finally selected as a main actor and an actress for the school musical and there are some signs that they would be so from the beginning such as ordinary happy ending movies. The plot is not so good, but characters in this movies were very funny and the songs make us happy, so I would rate 4 stars for this movie.
November 13, 2017
Do you like love story of school or musical movie? If "yes", you might like this movie. High school musical is movie that shown at Disney channel. It is very famous movie as 7.7 million viewers existed in premiere broadcast in the United States of America. The main actor is Zac Efron. He is known as actor but also he is good to sing. This point made better quality and atmosphere. Main actress is Vanessa Hudgens. She also good skilled actress and singer. This movie's great moment that musical parts are made by their singing skills. The main character's are Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez. At the beginning, they sang together in the party and found new mind. After that, one day, Gabriella came Troy's high school and they made relationship by singing. From this experience, they decided to enter to musical competition but Sharpay and Ryan who want to keep the main place of musical tried to prevent them. They tried many project but everything failed. Furthermore Ryan made friendship to Troy and Gabriella. Would who are the musical competition's winner? What about the result of Troy and Gabriella? You can enjoy funny, palpitate and enjoyable their high school life. This movie is typical Disney movie style. For example, when you watch "Beauty and the Beast", there are some musical part in the movie. Also this movie include many musical parts. In addition, most Disney movie themes are loving of man between woman. As you know, you can imagine the result of their love. In addition, Disney movie always give us the message. Of course this movie given the message that everyone should decide own route at the last. You can find this message from many character. This movie took place at real East high school where located at Salt Lake City, Utah. School buildings, gym, lockers etc, many facilities and equipments are same as movie. In addition, the member of Love Springs Club where appeared in the movie are true professional club members. It is also made good atmosphere. And one more fact, surprisingly, you can see some assignments in the movie. Those assignments were used at the school where located in Salt Lake City. so staffs are concerned and checked that those assignments whether include problem. Crews filmed at noon so they couldn't use some place. However, it is made good atmosphere it looks like real. Not only atmosphere but also songs are amazing. All of musical songs were made as original so you can say that this movie's main point is song. And of course you can enjoy those songs without movie. This movie is made me happy. If you feel sad, I recommend that you should watch it and you may become happy.
November 5, 2017
Disney takes an unfortunate misstep, producing one of the worst movies ever made.
½ November 3, 2017
Surrounded by the cult of youth, especially the female part-and more specifically, hysterical young ladies for which idol is Justin Bieber, and the cult tv series "Vampire diaries". I decided to face this "Work". Yes, it is bad. Very bad. Horribly bad! Beautiful Vanessa Hudgens falls in love with a handsome Zac Efron. But he plays basketball and she belongs to the scientific circle. Will combine their joint performance in the musical. Film and the most music numbers is even not only tragic, what indeed does not make sense! For example, the characters sing: stick to the rules! And they dream of doing something else. Who is forbidding them?! Is it really the pressure of parents and fellow is so large that heroes cannot meet their dreams? Terribly far-fetched! No vocal track did not fall in my memory. Vanessa sings something about love, only the melody virtually non-existent and the words are trivial. A minus for the disgust of the excellent sport is basketball. In the interpretation of High School Musical is a pretext for a few contortions dance on the parquet. If for the dance yet use the acrobatic effects of basketball, but no! A couple of jumping and the end! And the playing field was huge! A substantive role exceptionally vapid. Zac Efron is downright disgusting and contrary to the intent of the creators of the brand unpleasant. Vanessa Hudgens is kind of sexy kitten lure before the television horny teenagers. An adult man will seem too plastic, and, even though false modesty, terribly vulgar! In the film, there is literally no pluses! Pitiful, brazenly commercial movie! Keep away!
October 29, 2017
A clean and joyless experience.
October 23, 2017
So I saw part of it but I didn?t enjoy it I found it boring
October 8, 2017
This movie is for pretty fun entertaining for kids and family back in 11 years ago
September 3, 2017
Something that needs to be considered is that I didn't grow up watching this movie like most people. I think that's why I didn't love it as much as most. I still think it is a fun watch with entertaining musical numbers and plenty of over the top moments. I feel it is cheesy but also self-aware because when it was made it had to appeal to a certain audience. The songs are really what makes this movie worthwhile, they are catchy and fun to listen to. There are definitely better Disney Channel movies out there in my opinion, but this carries some importance since it inspired so many future movies to come.
August 24, 2017
Perhaps it goes without saying but High School Musical is a dumb, cliched feature that is aimed at younger kids who are probably the only ones who will find anything to like here.
August 9, 2017
This is a much loved Disney classic. I did not see it until I was much older, but I can appreciate the themes of embracing yourself and supporting your friends in their goals and interests. It is cute and gushy, but the main point of the film will always be relevant.
August 4, 2017
Even as I child I didn't like it, neither did I as a teen. Aggressively silly, sexist and stereotyped, 'High School Musical' could hardly be more idiotic, and its two teen actors certainly don't elevate it with their amateurish acting. Anyway, watching this definitely isn't the best way to shape a child's brain, and I personally would avoid that film, and favor a viewing of the good old 'Grease' which is much more satisfying at all levels.
July 11, 2017
I wish I could get my time back
June 11, 2017
Best childhood movie ever!
½ May 30, 2017
Adding this to intentionally lower the score JACK
May 13, 2017
We need to save our show from people who don't know the difference between a Tony Award and Tony Hawk.
April 24, 2017
This movie changed my life. 11/10. I loved it. Amazing. Would watch this movie everyday.
April 21, 2017
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY
½ April 4, 2017
Mediocre at best. While it's OK, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL is still not very good movie making. Just teen fodder.