High School Musical - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School Musical Reviews

September 3, 2017
Something that needs to be considered is that I didn't grow up watching this movie like most people. I think that's why I didn't love it as much as most. I still think it is a fun watch with entertaining musical numbers and plenty of over the top moments. I feel it is cheesy but also self-aware because when it was made it had to appeal to a certain audience. The songs are really what makes this movie worthwhile, they are catchy and fun to listen to. There are definitely better Disney Channel movies out there in my opinion, but this carries some importance since it inspired so many future movies to come.
August 24, 2017
Perhaps it goes without saying but High School Musical is a dumb, cliched feature that is aimed at younger kids who are probably the only ones who will find anything to like here.
August 9, 2017
This is a much loved Disney classic. I did not see it until I was much older, but I can appreciate the themes of embracing yourself and supporting your friends in their goals and interests. It is cute and gushy, but the main point of the film will always be relevant.
August 4, 2017
Even as I child I didn't like it, neither did I as a teen. Aggressively silly, sexist and stereotyped, 'High School Musical' could hardly be more idiotic, and its two teen actors certainly don't elevate it with their amateurish acting. Anyway, watching this definitely isn't the best way to shape a child's brain, and I personally would avoid that film, and favor a viewing of the good old 'Grease' which is much more satisfying at all levels.
July 11, 2017
I wish I could get my time back
June 11, 2017
Best childhood movie ever!
½ May 30, 2017
Adding this to intentionally lower the score JACK
May 13, 2017
We need to save our show from people who don't know the difference between a Tony Award and Tony Hawk.
April 24, 2017
This movie changed my life. 11/10. I loved it. Amazing. Would watch this movie everyday.
April 21, 2017
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY
½ April 4, 2017
Mediocre at best. While it's OK, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL is still not very good movie making. Just teen fodder.
March 13, 2017
I love this movie so much
March 9, 2017
I Love this Movie...It was my most favourite movie of all...I really wished that it woild continue. I missed their singing and dancing it was so good even more it was GREAT! I missed High School Musical. Best Movie ever...love you HSM!!!
½ December 19, 2016
It's a classic haha. Like a film version of Glee. Or Glee is the tv version of it.
December 13, 2016
Corny, fun, thats Disney Channel.
½ November 19, 2016
Really great, feel good movie.
October 29, 2016
Best Disney Channel movie of all time
October 21, 2016
If you are a die hard fan of Disney Channel movies, this movie is for you! Otherwise, steer clear! D+
September 13, 2016
Best thing I have ever seen in my entire life
September 8, 2016
I saw this and I just couldn't watch any more of this I found it boring