Holes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Holes Reviews

February 18, 2017
Seriously the best movie ever I will paint my room holes wallpaper best movie ever I will buy a DVD then get it signed by the cast I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!)??
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 6, 2016
It has been a long while, but I remember liking it and being a good time.
½ November 30, 2016
Holes is a really great movie that does the book justice to itself. I've read the book and liked it, so I expected the film to be faithful to the source material, and not only is it faithful, but it has the heart of it. With a cast mostly filled with kid actors, they are surprisingly really good especially Shia LaBeouf. The characters are very memorable, and the villains, while obvious, are very intimidating. The plot is really good, and the flashback is just as interesting as the main story. The writing is really great, which the way the kids talk, is very realistic for a kids film. One of the problems I had with it, is the editing which was really odd when it transitions to the flashback, and it comes out of nowhere. As is, Holes is a clever film that kids and adults would enjoy even if it doesn't have the fastest pace.
½ November 27, 2016
I am seven, and this is a very good movie. It has a good ending and also a good beginning.
November 19, 2016
We watched this today & really enjoyed it!
October 21, 2016
nice can I watch now
September 26, 2016
ITS THE BEST MOVIE EVER
September 11, 2016
Stupidly names, Shia LeBeouf makes his film debut in this Disney film about a kids labour camp run by John Voight and Sigouney Weaver who are just two of a very well-known cast. The cast is, in fact, so strong that the film deserves to be a lot better.
½ September 5, 2016
Interesting story about these boys lives and like how the tied it all together.
July 17, 2016
classic! even though it's for a younger audience
July 13, 2016
One of my favorite films ever. The symbolic, prophetic truths and things in the film related to the Gospel and to Jesus is amazing. Like the curse destroyed on the mountain, the scares on Zero's hand, the rain pouring in the dry land after the curse is broken. All the amazing conections and things ties together. It is so amazing! Fantastic story. And funny. Jon Voight is hilarious in it.
July 12, 2016
I read the book in the sixth grade, saw the film afterwards, and still a pretty good classic today. One of LaBeouf's first major hits. A nice family film that includes a pretty in-depth story about an unusual family and their history. While LaBeouf's character ends up going to a fairly severe desert-like jail for kids and teens, he discovers more about his family's history then he could've imagined. Overall, a fun and adventurous story that I would recommend to just about any kid at the age I watched it.
½ June 18, 2016
4.5/5. Though the CGI lizards have not aged well, the rest of the movie has. I still thin this is Shia LaBeouf's best film.
½ June 9, 2016
Though the plot was far fetched and had executing problems with back stories. The movie still contains interesting characters and plot. Though some characters gradually grow less interesting. The relationship and acting between the characters between is great. Both child and adult acting was great. Our only complaints are the execution problems, the uninteresting side characters (Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Sweetfeet) and the CG on the Yellow Spotted Lizards. Also manages to give great comedy.
½ May 3, 2016
Packed to the brim with perfect performances, laughs and unapologetic fantasy, this American story is solid for kids and adults.
April 4, 2016
Unique, quirky, and fun, Holes is an entertaining flick for people of all ages.
½ March 23, 2016
C+
Good kids movie, good adventure, can be very cheesy and boring at times
March 6, 2016
Well adapted mystery movie is loads of fun. I had a great time with this one and was glad to see how well it followed the original story. It's a movie with a complex plot and an enjoyable execution.
½ February 28, 2016
Fully of storytelling charm Disney's Holes is a film that entertaining for adults and kids. Good cast creating great characters its a good watch for a family when you're tired of animated features and like a good story, some clever twists, a surprise or two and a few chuckles.