Holes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Holes Reviews

September 11, 2016
Stupidly names, Shia LeBeouf makes his film debut in this Disney film about a kids labour camp run by John Voight and Sigouney Weaver who are just two of a very well-known cast. The cast is, in fact, so strong that the film deserves to be a lot better.
½ September 5, 2016
Interesting story about these boys lives and like how the tied it all together.
July 17, 2016
classic! even though it's for a younger audience
July 13, 2016
One of my favorite films ever. The symbolic, prophetic truths and things in the film related to the Gospel and to Jesus is amazing. Like the curse destroyed on the mountain, the scares on Zero's hand, the rain pouring in the dry land after the curse is broken. All the amazing conections and things ties together. It is so amazing! Fantastic story. And funny. Jon Voight is hilarious in it.
July 12, 2016
I read the book in the sixth grade, saw the film afterwards, and still a pretty good classic today. One of LaBeouf's first major hits. A nice family film that includes a pretty in-depth story about an unusual family and their history. While LaBeouf's character ends up going to a fairly severe desert-like jail for kids and teens, he discovers more about his family's history then he could've imagined. Overall, a fun and adventurous story that I would recommend to just about any kid at the age I watched it.
½ June 18, 2016
4.5/5. Though the CGI lizards have not aged well, the rest of the movie has. I still thin this is Shia LaBeouf's best film.
½ June 9, 2016
Though the plot was far fetched and had executing problems with back stories. The movie still contains interesting characters and plot. Though some characters gradually grow less interesting. The relationship and acting between the characters between is great. Both child and adult acting was great. Our only complaints are the execution problems, the uninteresting side characters (Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Sweetfeet) and the CG on the Yellow Spotted Lizards. Also manages to give great comedy.
½ May 3, 2016
Packed to the brim with perfect performances, laughs and unapologetic fantasy, this American story is solid for kids and adults.
April 4, 2016
Unique, quirky, and fun, Holes is an entertaining flick for people of all ages.
½ March 23, 2016
C+
Good kids movie, good adventure, can be very cheesy and boring at times
March 6, 2016
Well adapted mystery movie is loads of fun. I had a great time with this one and was glad to see how well it followed the original story. It's a movie with a complex plot and an enjoyable execution.
½ February 28, 2016
Fully of storytelling charm Disney's Holes is a film that entertaining for adults and kids. Good cast creating great characters its a good watch for a family when you're tired of animated features and like a good story, some clever twists, a surprise or two and a few chuckles.
February 11, 2016
shia as a cute innocent youngster. woulda liked to see shia's hole. jk not jk.
½ February 3, 2016
this movie is crazy awesome! i have watched this movie in class and out of and i love it. i really like watching it in class too because its such a good movie! i like how his curse vanishes after he escaspes from camp and how they finally find a way to make shoes not smell! great movie
January 28, 2016
This movie impressed me it was a funny movie and mr sir was funny and warden was sarcastic that made it hilarious to watch. Mr. Sir was also hilarious and sarcastic The graphics to this movie are very good. The music was cool this is a funny movie to see!
½ January 14, 2016
Taking everything that it should from the source material, Holes is a uniquely entertaining story about reaping the consequences of our actions. Shia LaBeouf is surprisingly perfect as the down-on-his luck hero, and he leads a band of misfits that we grow to love as the film beats along. The meshing of flashbacks with relevance to current happenings is seamless, and the twist and turns of the story are incredibly entertaining. Holes is one of the most creative and enjoyable kids films to come out of the live action Disney brand.
January 13, 2016
I guess it's one of Shia LeBeouf's best films.
½ January 3, 2016
I liked it a lot, very creative. A good movie even for adults!
½ November 27, 2015
Solo porque me ahorro el trabajo de leer el libro en la escuela.
½ November 27, 2015
A different kind of Disney movie. I remember loving the book "Holes" as a kid, and watching the film adaptation now, it is far from the typical Disney family fare. It has some of the required sentiment, but otherwise, it's a gritty, funny, odd adventure that, for being based on a young adult novel, doesn't take its younger audiences for idiots. Everything happens for a reason, and it winds up being rewarding and entertaining for both children and adults alike. Louis Sachar and director Andrew Davis put in an imaginative script and deft direction, and it all comes to life with a terrific cast, young and old. Sigourney Weaver, Jon Voight, and Tim Blake Nelson make for funny and believable antagonists, and Henry Winkler puts in some fun work as Stanley's father. But the standout here is Shia LaBeouf in his first movie off of the "Even Stevens" series. He manages to avoid any sort of Disney cuteness and create a believable and realistic preteen with real conflict. Overall, "Holes" is a cool, quirky Disney favorite of mine.