Hollywood Boulevard Reviews

• Jul 25, 2014

Hollywood Boulevard is a surprisingly enjoyable piece of trash from Roger Corman and company. Directed by Allan Arkush and Joe Dante (his first directing gig), it tells the story of a young starlet who gets into the business and is privy to the slimy underbelly of Hollywood. It doesn't help that someone is bumping off her fellow cast and crew members one by one either. The movie reuses footage from previous Roger Corman productions, including The Terror and Death Race 2000, to complete scenes. The movie is one of the first, that I know of anyway, to lampoon or spoof its fellow movies. It takes elements from behind the scenes of all of Roger Corman's movies and makes a fun movie out of it all. There isn't much in the way of character development and it doesn't have a concrete plot, but it doesn't really matter. It's a fun adventure that's sleazy and hilarious.

• Mar 11, 2013

hmmm i guess not so much

hmmm i guess not so much

• Dec 16, 2012

Its defo interesting and not one second was I bored,so I give it props for that.

• Nov 23, 2012

This is not a movie about the human condition, but it does have Dick Miller. Also boobs.

• Oct 27, 2012

A Corman film that spoofs Roger Corman's b movies but is not as good as your average Corman film. This comedy contains lots of inside jokes on the Hollywood film industry but I didn't get the attempted rape scene played for laughs.

• Sep 11, 2012

85% My god, they're actually parodying themselves! Funny stuff.

85% My god, they're actually parodying themselves! Funny stuff.

• Doctor S Super Reviewer
    Aug 14, 2012

A cheap, ultra-low-budget movie about production company Miracle Pictures ("If it's a good movie, it's a Miracle!") making...a cheap, ultra-low-budget movie! Some funny gags and plenty of in-jokes concerning how these movies get made on a shoestring hampered by some boring stretches (driving along Los Angeles freeways, the slasher stalking sequence.) I guess that's about what you'd expect from a script written in a week.

• Mar 20, 2012

Fun crappy movie about making crappy movies. Hillarious stuff.

Fun crappy movie about making crappy movies. Hillarious stuff.

• Sep 30, 2010

Feels like an homage to exploitation films by the makers of exploitation films, seemingly full of in-jokes but not necessarily funny. Contains plenty of recycled footage from other films. Did enjoy Robbie the Robot's appearance at the wrap party.

• Jul 25, 2010

Low budget film is the debut of Dante and Arkush. Pieced together with footage from other Roger Corman productions this is a funny b movie about making b movies. There are lots of references to other films and cameos by future directors, Robby the Robot and the car from Death Race 2000. Fun.