Hope Gap Reviews

• May 14, 2020

Good performance by the actor playing the son - but the mother hits and verbally abuses the husband and is shocked when he leaves her. We are supposed to feel sorry for her but she kind of gets what she's got coming frankly. Ms Bennings accent comes and goes and is distracting. It's filmed beautifully - but is disappointing.

• Apr 11, 2020

Giving similar vibes to the much better movie ´45 Years´ five years ago, this complicated marriage drama fizzles out on the drama department, by making its main female lead (Annette Benning using a questionable British accent) more hysterical than enduring. It does raise some interesting questions on misguided love, making it still a mixed recommendation.

• Paul S.
    Mar 20, 2020

Excellent performances in a film that will resonate with anyone who has abandoned a relationship or been abandoned.

• Lori S
    Mar 20, 2020

Very good story about love and loss and moving on with life.

Very good story about love and loss and moving on with life.

• Sue
    Mar 17, 2020

It was a slice of life film. Rather depressing, but Annette Benning did a fabulous job of playing the scorned wife.

• JLT
    Mar 16, 2020

Nice pic, acting & pace!

Nice pic, acting & pace!

• Mar 16, 2020

A sad but realistic story of divorce. Reminded me a lot of my own parents, and it’s just nice to see a realistic divorce story where no one really did anything wrong but two people just aren’t at all on the same page in their relationship anymore.

• PaulW
    Mar 16, 2020

This movie starts out slow, and gets slower, however, I actually LIKED it! The subdued anger brewing just under the surface of the left wife, was very good, and sometimes broke through to be troublesome. You feel sorry for the wronged wife, their son, caught in the middle, and the husband. He fell in love with another woman. The best line in the movie belongs to the 'other' woman, Angela. It was so real at times, it's a bit scary, Very touching, If anyone has been through this, it's TOO real!

• Mar 15, 2020

I could not get past Annette Benings on again off again British accent. Pretty dull

• Mar 15, 2020

Bossy wife (Annette Bening) made her husband milk toast for 29 years, until he found another woman who really loved him and gave him the courage to leave his bossy wife, after being abused, bullied, hit and intimidated by her. A real story for Men's liberation from bully, know everything wives.