Hope Springs Reviews

• Jun 29, 2015

Hope can not help float this movie.

Hope can not help float this movie.

• Feb 18, 2015

I just loved this movie! :) It was sweet, fresh and funny...:) And it was great to see that Colin Firth can actually be so amusing...:)

• Jan 26, 2014

I put this on early morning as it was the only thing on the dial I hadn't yet seen. Having been born and raised in NH and having spent a lot of time in Vermont I know what a New Englander sounds like and Mary Steenburgen didn't sound like one us. Steenburgen sounded more like New York than New Englander which was a poor choice of accent for a Vermonter. Real Vermonters know that history tells of Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys drover the "yorkers" from Vermont. Heather Graham sounded like a woman from the midwest, oh, waith, she is. At least Colin Firth had the right accent. Ok, so there's more to a film than accents, but if you set a film in a place and you don't take care to get the sound right, you're probably not going to care to get other things right.

• May 19, 2013

A good cast. Not a good movie. Vapid and utterly without lasting impact. Hard to believe this was written by the same writer who wrote "The Graduate."

• Feb 24, 2013

Cute little romcom, but the main selling point is Colin Firth (sigh).

Cute little romcom, but the main selling point is Colin Firth (sigh).

• Jan 08, 2013

Not a bad movie but not brilliant either. You can save it for a rainy day.

Not a bad movie but not brilliant either. You can save it for a rainy day.

• Dec 29, 2012

Loved this film, watched it again and again and still love it

Loved this film, watched it again and again and still love it

• Oct 01, 2012

Going to the cinema having read the critic's reviews first, is very 'hit & miss'. I really enjoyed this film - then I'm looking back 20 years ( wait until you get to where I am now).

• Aug 20, 2012

It was completely unexpected but I loved this film.

It was completely unexpected but I loved this film.

• May 28, 2012