Hotel Transylvania - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hotel Transylvania Reviews

July 7, 2017
First movie I saw in theaters since The Bee Movie, and I was not disappointed.
June 8, 2017
I Love this movie so very much :)
June 7, 2017
Hotel Transylvania is pretty much the closest thing we're ever going to get as a return to form for Adam Sandler. This film is a lot better than the critics give it credit for but since the name Adam Sandler is on there, they're contractually obligated to rip the poor guy to pieces. I know I didn't like Sandy Wexler even though I'm one of his fans but being a fan of someone's work doesn't mean you have to like every one of their films or songs or whatever. Hotel Transylvania follows the generic "dad going into overprotective mode because of his daughter being in love with someone he doesn't like because...prejudiced reasons" story but with a slight twist. Doesn't excuse that it has THAT type of plot. The film also has its crappy moments. Fortunately, there's enough positivity from me to ensure that the 4 stars are here to stay. The film is, like any modern 21st century cartoon, colourful, there's pretty enjoyable humour, Sandler's vocal performance as Dracula is actually not irritating especially when comparing him with Sandy Wexler and, my ultimate guilty pleasure, Little Nicky and last but not least, Genndy Tartakovsky does a good job at directing the film. Yes, THE Genndy Tartakovsky, the Russian American who created Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack. The result: an amiable animated film that is somehow more entertaining than Sandler's live-action vehicles.
June 3, 2017
How can you not love this movie?! Great cast, cute story.
June 3, 2017
Don't be fooled by the creativity, this film executes it's self in the most unbearable and childish way possible
½ May 31, 2017
Somewhat entertaining, but ultimately the characters and drama are too weak to sustain the viewers affections.
½ May 31, 2017
I'm rather confused if i hate SPA more than Animat, Or if Animat hates SPA more than me.
On one hand, I have never seen a SPA film that i thought was good unlike Animat.
On the other hand, the amount of SPA films that I thought weren't bad is higher than the amount of films he thought weren't bad(It's a 2 to 1, if you wanna know.)
But this is still a poorly made, mediocrely animated(I know "mediocrely" isn't a real world, shut up!) overly-cartoony movie.
Story:2|10
Animation:5|10
Characters:2|10
Overall: 3|10.
½ May 26, 2017
Now, I will admit, like Escape From Planet Earth, I disagree with what the critics think of this movie! I like it! I don't think it's the best movie I have ever seen, but it was still funny.
May 15, 2017
Choppy, corny and loud. Hotel Transylvania can only be enjoyed by young viewers but the rest will not see nothing else than cliched and unfunny stunts.
May 8, 2017
Paint by numbers kids offering, chuck in a couple of horror referential gags, that'll do right? They even have a running gag about Dracula impersonations that no-one in the history of mankind has ever used in a Dracula impersonation. I imagine if I asked my son a week later he wouldn't be able to recall anything from this film.
½ April 26, 2017
Yeah, however this film is not the best film I've seen. the moments are engaging but the rest of the story is just lazy, the writing is dull, the animation is so cartoony, the character are sometimes easily forgettable (not to mention there's no villain to be seen). if this film never was funny I take this over to the Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs movies any day. feeling scary tonight ,at last watching a Sony film NEVER looked this bad
½ April 25, 2017
Interesting, fresh, unboring. Watched it with no expectations at all, and got a bit surprised at how they managed to get some depth in their world. Certainly not without its flaws, but some of the things they did actually make up for it. It was worth my time.
April 7, 2017
120930: Very enjoyable film that had me laughing a whole bunch at the end. Fun. Great characters.
April 6, 2017
Fantastic excellent.
March 29, 2017
I don't know if people really didn't like the movie or just feel they need to hate it, but this IS one of the better Adam Sandler movie out there. It's a funny entertaining story. It is a good movie in my opinion. I love how it never slows down. I love the siliness. There are problems with this movie, sure, but they by no means outweight the positives about it.
March 19, 2017
Creepy fun with some rude humor; Hotel Transylvania will find more then one audience....and it's also super fun trying to guess all the voice over artists in the many characters !
February 26, 2017
While it isn't the BEST Adam Sandler film, it definitely accomplishes what can be expected. The acting is great, the 3D is brilliantly used well, the animation is PHENOMENAL, and cements itself as one of the best CG animated films I've seen! Genndy Tartakovsky has yet again delivered something that is just brilliantly well done!
February 15, 2017
Hotel Transylvania is all right it's not a great movie it's not a bad movie it's just all right
February 6, 2017
It's the best my favourite
Part is when it's Mavis's
Birth day
½ January 25, 2017
Seriously, why do people hate hate this movie?