Hotel Transylvania - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hotel Transylvania Reviews

December 4, 2017
Watched it with my four and six year old. Had quite a few laugh out loud moments.
November 21, 2017
I Love this movie so very much :) especially Selena Gomez :)
November 7, 2017
My only problem is that the concept should've been for a tv series
½ November 1, 2017
I enjoyed watching this, it was lighthearted and cute. Didn't really like the whole idea of "zinging" i.e love at first sight and I thought there was too much emphasis on this idea
½ October 26, 2017
Great original story perfect for a Halloween movie night with your little ones
October 23, 2017
It looked like a good movie so I saw it and I was not a fan of it the plot was not good
September 11, 2017
(4.5 out of 6)
When who we are others are naturally scared when we are the most feared monster. When we are also a scared parent that is willing to protect our family from all things that are scary. When we teach how being inside is safe and outside is scary when there are way worst scary things that lurk. When we are not scared of our own kind but afraid of other kind we feel safe knowing others dont associate with other kinds to protect them. When what scares us the most is not knowing what is out there when we are shut off from the world. When our worst fears come true when we meet the vary thing that is scary to run away. When our worst fears come true when what's scary comes to us. When we are among monsters we naturally are scared. When what is scarier is knowing the truth when things could change once the scary thing others fear is present. When our ways are different that makes some things scary to others but not to us. When we get to see the vary thing we are scared about closer in a different light we see they are not so bad after all. When some monsters we should be scared of when they prepare the main course as you the meal. When scariest thing for some are not what they see what what they feel when finding love is scary and losing love is scary. When the only thing scary to others is when we realize we are the scariest monster to be afraid of. When we being perceived as scary to witnessing a scary event done by scary people we can't get past such a scary moment in our life that changed everything. When we see that the scariest thing is making our loved ones lose what we lost and never get a chance to experience what we did for our own shellfish needs. When we see we do anything for our family to venture into the scary part of the area to get what we want. When who we are and what we represent we are appreciated when there are fans who dedicate a day to showcasing the scariest part about the town a real life monster to be proud comes from here. When we see others are not scary as they make themselves to be to get their help. When we realize that who we are we are not that scary as well to be friends and fans of. When we are scared to let go of some people we only have and always have been holding to see them grow, it scares us losing that part in our life, but we gain a new part in our life which is less scarier.
September 9, 2017
While the narrative really falls apart in the end with a cute idea of "zing" being pushed to the breaking point and a hyped up plot device of a mother's present only existing as plot filler, I just can't bring myself to hate this film. Sure, Sony's awful product placement and... sell outiness(?) shines through awfully sometimes, the core of this film is sweet with some pretty nice ideas. The animation is pitch perfect, some of the jokes are laugh out loud and I actually think the whole concept is a oozing with potential. Not a huge amount of it is reached, but I think with a different director and a bit of script tweaking it could have genuinely been an animated cult classic. Again I have to say the animation fits the comedy perfectly with vibrancy mixed with the gothic setting, though I think some models might have been a bit overused. With the sloppy ending and a bit too much crude humour towards the beginning, I understand why a lot of people would dislike this, but I genuinely think the skeleton of an amazing film is in there. Make the middle of the film more about Drac dealing with the Hotel with Mavis using it as time to get to know Jon and bam. Zing problem solved with new avenues to solve other issues in the film.
½ August 31, 2017
A bit more meh than I expected, striking a fine balance between absolute mediocrity and acceptable second-rate animation. Would've given it a 6/10, but I feel that'd be unfair to Kung Fu Panda, which is silly and childish in the right way and amount. And jolly good fun without all the toilet humor.

Despite many many perks in all departments, Hotel left too bland a taste.
July 28, 2017
This wasn't as bad as everyone said it was.
July 7, 2017
First movie I saw in theaters since The Bee Movie, and I was not disappointed.
June 7, 2017
Hotel Transylvania is pretty much the closest thing we're ever going to get as a return to form for Adam Sandler. This film is a lot better than the critics give it credit for but since the name Adam Sandler is on there, they're contractually obligated to rip the poor guy to pieces. I know I didn't like Sandy Wexler even though I'm one of his fans but being a fan of someone's work doesn't mean you have to like every one of their films or songs or whatever. Hotel Transylvania follows the generic "dad going into overprotective mode because of his daughter being in love with someone he doesn't like because...prejudiced reasons" story but with a slight twist. Doesn't excuse that it has THAT type of plot. The film also has its crappy moments. Fortunately, there's enough positivity from me to ensure that the 4 stars are here to stay. The film is, like any modern 21st century cartoon, colourful, there's pretty enjoyable humour, Sandler's vocal performance as Dracula is actually not irritating especially when comparing him with Sandy Wexler and, my ultimate guilty pleasure, Little Nicky and last but not least, Genndy Tartakovsky does a good job at directing the film. Yes, THE Genndy Tartakovsky, the Russian American who created Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack. The result: an amiable animated film that is somehow more entertaining than Sandler's live-action vehicles.
June 3, 2017
How can you not love this movie?! Great cast, cute story.
June 3, 2017
Don't be fooled by the creativity, this film executes it's self in the most unbearable and childish way possible
½ May 31, 2017
Somewhat entertaining, but ultimately the characters and drama are too weak to sustain the viewers affections.
½ May 31, 2017
I'm rather confused if i hate SPA more than Animat, Or if Animat hates SPA more than me.
On one hand, I have never seen a SPA film that i thought was good unlike Animat.
On the other hand, the amount of SPA films that I thought weren't bad is higher than the amount of films he thought weren't bad(It's a 2 to 1, if you wanna know.)
But this is still a poorly made, mediocrely animated(I know "mediocrely" isn't a real world, shut up!) overly-cartoony movie.
Story:2|10
Animation:5|10
Characters:2|10
Overall: 3|10.
½ May 26, 2017
Now, I will admit, like Escape From Planet Earth, I disagree with what the critics think of this movie! I like it! I don't think it's the best movie I have ever seen, but it was still funny.
May 15, 2017
Choppy, corny and loud. Hotel Transylvania can only be enjoyed by young viewers but the rest will not see nothing else than cliched and unfunny stunts.
May 8, 2017
Paint by numbers kids offering, chuck in a couple of horror referential gags, that'll do right? They even have a running gag about Dracula impersonations that no-one in the history of mankind has ever used in a Dracula impersonation. I imagine if I asked my son a week later he wouldn't be able to recall anything from this film.
½ April 26, 2017
Yeah, however this film is not the best film I've seen. the moments are engaging but the rest of the story is just lazy, the writing is dull, the animation is so cartoony, the character are sometimes easily forgettable (not to mention there's no villain to be seen). if this film never was funny I take this over to the Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs movies any day. feeling scary tonight ,at last watching a Sony film NEVER looked this bad