Hunt for Justice Reviews

• Feb 17, 2016

Intriguing film about the successful attempt to put Serbian officials on trial for war crimes in the former Yugoslavia, an action not undertaken since the trials at Nuremberg. after WWII. An important topic that should have garnered more attention than a Canadian TV movie, but one that was well done, despite the limitations of time and budget.

• Feb 25, 2015

Big Hurt fan and he's hardly in it! But that's not why it's only 2 stars. The performances are good, with the exception of Hurt's accent, but the movie is just blah. Really unfortunate too because the material is so compelling. Big yawn.

• Mar 14, 2014

The True Story Brings Credence. The Bad Acting & Low Budget Brings It Down. Some Nice Location Shots Can't Save It Much.. & There Ya Have It.

• Jim H Super Reviewer
    Aug 29, 2010

Stop the presses: I'm about to admit that William Hurt has a weakness as an actor. He can't do an accent to save his life. There! I said it. It feels like the death of a good friend. Even still, I wish he had more than three scenes. When I say that this film is predictable, it has little to do with the fact that I know the history of Milosevic's indictment. Rather, all of the characters' motivations and interactions are instantly clear. We immediately know the uncompromised and uncompromising hero, the troubled hero, and what the prestige is going to be. What is more, there is very little conflict between the characters we meet. The conflict is solely external to the events on screen, and that fails to adequately compel. However, if you're unaware of the events of the Bosnian conflict, this isn't a bad start for historical education.

• Jan 22, 2009

Its almost a documentary film. U wont fall in love with it but its very informative.

• Jul 11, 2008

A movie you *must* see.

A movie you *must* see.

• Nov 03, 2006

The film really means well, but it is very slow moving and at times very boring. The acting is very good though, but it's hard to sit through the whole movie. It seemed far longer than it's 95 minute length.