I Am Number Four - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am Number Four Reviews

March 17, 2018
2/5. I Am Number Four is a very uneven movie. Timothy Olyphant, Kevin Durand, and the 3rd act are great. But most of the movie is boring, with mostly unlikeable characters, and terrible CGI.
March 15, 2018
Fantastically clean and cheesy. I liked the whole thing.
½ March 13, 2018
Wow....they took a slightly better than mediocre book and turned it into a slightly worse than really bad movie.
½ February 4, 2018
Great movie, loved it.
January 29, 2018
Very good movie. It is very interested. But we need sequal. Of this movie. Plz director plz plz plz box office we need next part. The power of six, The rise of nine, The fall of five, The revenge of seven all of this series. Please.
And all actor and actress good luck from me. For the next part of I am number four. Alex Pettyfer, Teresa Palmer, Dianna Agron. You guys r the best.
½ January 26, 2018
it is not very good and its nothing like the book there are so many differences even in the beginning parts
January 1, 2018
I really wish they would make another.
½ December 2, 2017
this is for sure a guilty pleasure movie for me. it is so bad in so many ways but i still love it. the best example is how high-school-y it is. cheesy high school drama and romances. so many parts made me laugh out loud unintentionally. and the acting was okay except for olyphant who beasted it. RAYLAN GIVENS. but i really love the idea, the premise, the powers. some great action and cool scenes. i really wish they continued with the franchise. this could have been amazing if done better. but i still see myself rewatching it (about 4 viewings)
November 30, 2017
So you think this is X Files with earth full of good & bad humanoid & other shape shifting alien creatures chasing each other to the death in the midst of us clueless humans. Well ....so what?
November 17, 2017
Did this movie even exist?
November 12, 2017
Your usual teen romcom - boy falls in love with girl, girl falls for boy, the boy turns out to be an intergalactic alien on the run
July 23, 2017
This was very good if you read the book. I guess it got bad reviews because half the people that watched it did not read the book!
July 19, 2017
So good!! Absolutely love this movie!!
½ July 8, 2017
Very slow start but ended with a bang. Great action scenes.
May 28, 2017
I think if JJ Abrams had won it would have been way better... I want to see the sequel just not a Bay sequel.
May 24, 2017
Terrible boring sci-fi movie with teens. This movie was so bad I already forgot it was about.
½ May 1, 2017
The book was great. In the movie, they took the whole premise of the movie and put it into a 30 second voice over. Removing the plot and unique story left plenty of time to tell the same underdog high school romance where the new guys wins over the football quarterback (seriously, does anyone play any other sports in Hollywood high?). Oh, throw in some bad guy aliens without an explanation of why they were at war and a lot of special effects to prevent dialogue and we have the latest teen flop.
½ April 11, 2017
I Am Number Four attempts to begin an epic sci-fi franchise for teens, but the derivative plot and unmemorable characters make this prospect doubtful. The hero is an alien named John Smith disguised on Earth as a teenage boy (is this a Smallville remake?) with his alien protector and father figure, Henri (Timothy Olyphant). They are forced to stay on the move in order to evade evil aliens called Mogadorians. They have killed the first three of John's counterparts, and John is the fourth, hence the film's title. There are five more of his kind, whom John and Henri must seek out in order to survive.

What follows is a passable yet forgettable sci-fi romp that has little to add to what has been done before. I Am Number Four hardly attempts to disguise the recycled story beats from classics in epic fantasy stories, treading in the footsteps of countless others. The film isn't without entertainment value however, as a character's small dog transforms into a gigantic beast and fights two equal opponents with hilarious results. The movie should have had more wackiness like that, instead of trying to reach for such lofty ambitions that just are not realistic.

(review originally posted on release, but has since been edited and improved by author on April 11, 2017)
½ April 5, 2017
Good action. Mary watched it to the end.
March 30, 2017
Enjoyed the movie..Shocked to see it rated so low