I Am Number Four - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Am Number Four Reviews

½ June 25, 2016
This was such a shit movie, it's cut 80% of the material in the transition from book to movie, the plot literally jumped from points 3 months apart. I WANT A REMAKE!!!!!
½ May 14, 2016
If I could rate this movie zero stars I would!
May 8, 2016
Geez the user raters are extreme. It's a YA sci fi movie, I think people are putting too much thought in it. The movie was great! I wish they would make a second.
May 7, 2016
I Am Number Four is a disappointing film. It is about aliens and their Guardians are hiding on Earth from intergalactic bounty hunters. Alex Pettyfer and Timothy Olyphant give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. D.J. Caruso did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
April 29, 2016
I wish they were continuing on with the series. The movie was great and book series is amazing
½ April 25, 2016
Very slow start but ended with a bang. Great action scenes.
April 24, 2016
An allright teen movie with great action.
March 27, 2016
If you have read the books then you probably will not like the film as much as the book. However this was different for me because I watched the film on Netflix and I thought the story of film was great and presented well. So after watching the film I decided to look the film up and I saw the negative reviews and I thought why everyone hated the film. Most the comments were linked to the book and how there were changes from the book. Since everyone compared the film to the book I decided to buy the book myself and I believe the film represents the book well although I understand why people have read the book gave this a low rating. I recommend you watch this because this got me interested into the books and I am onto the 6th book of the collection.
March 12, 2016
Passable, enjoyable enough, and much better than the negative buzz. It definitely suffers from a lot of the problems that young adult adaptations have but it's still a fun movie.
½ February 28, 2016
So, apparently (teenage) aliens walk among us, hunted by a second set of aliens for reasons that are never fully explained.

Such is the premise of 'I am Number Four', with the main protaganist as a teenager, who hides the secret that he is not really from this world and who is slowly discovering his powers (think Smallville!) in the small Ohio town of Paradise.

Very much a sci-fi movie for the Twilight crowd, this is unfortunately not really all that gripping or exciting - not one I'd be looking out for again.
½ February 20, 2016
I enjoyed this movie better than expected
February 9, 2016
ha, take that Stephenie Meyer this is jow you make a young adult book series work.
February 3, 2016
Good sci-fi concept. Movie is much better that the critics reviews, and like Teresa Palmer's kick-ass performance ... suspect that casting is a bit off, and directing has a few flaws, but Olyphant is his classic self, and Teresa is a nice surprise ...
January 28, 2016
I just watched this movie and I Am Number Four is a great action movie.
January 13, 2016
horrible acting, terrible storytelling, and a very forgettable villain make this sc-fi film a painful watch..
January 9, 2016
More "teen angst" than science fiction, but quite the sexy lead and a cute beagle too. Plenty of short lived tension and decent action.
December 27, 2015
Don't give up on hope just yet. It's the last thing to go. When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope. - Henri
December 22, 2015
28/100 - At least it followed the plot of the book. I Am Number Four is another crappy adaptation of a young adult novel that I actually liked. The concept is interesting, the acting less so, and the production values even less so. I wished this book had worked as a movie, as the rest of the series could have been interesting. Instead, this is yet another example of a studio trying to make money instead of making a good film.
½ December 12, 2015
Because of their success, it is inevitable that every film that is an adaption of a young adults fantasy novel will be compared to the Harry Potter films. "I Am Number Four" is no exception.

One of the best things about the Harry Potter films (at least the early ones) was that they didn't take themselves too seriously. They knew their source material. They knew they were based on fantasy novels, and they embraced that and had fun with it. "I Am Number Four" fails to do this. Despite its absurd premise, "I Am Number Four" insists on taking itself too seriously, and as a result, is not as fun as it has the potential to be.

Don't get me wrong; there is a lot of potential here. But with a plot filled with bad, clichéd teenage drama, "I Am Number Four" is geared more towards young adults, unlike Harry Potter, which appealed to audiences of all ages. Instead, this is more like "Twilight" for guys, and so the range of its appeal is limited. Nevertheless, with some improvements to the acting and screenwriting, this is a series I could possibly get behind, and I wouldn't mind if they make a sequel.
December 8, 2015
loved it!! would like to see the sequel though