In Dreams Reviews

• Jan 16, 2020

Certainly better than I thought it was going to be. Usually when I hear the term psychological thriller it means boring, but this movie wasn't boring and even kind of made sense in a way. Anyway the most important thing is that it was entertaining and it held my attention.

• Jan 03, 2020

One of the most underrated movie ever!Annette Bening should have won an Academy Award for her role...

• Oct 25, 2019

It is a fun thriller to watch. You don't see RDJ until the end which is kinda sad though he looks really freaky so like totes worth it. If you have ever wanted to see a psycho ginger RDJ this is the perfect movie for you. The story was well laid out and it was fun trying to guess how everything fit together.

• Nov 18, 2018

Muddled, confusing and nonsensical film wasting talents of director and star. Visually good but that is all.

• May 17, 2018

In Dreams is an interesting look at how people would handle something supernatural happening in real life. All of those scenes worked perfect, and I wish they spent more time on the misunderstandings of everyone around the protagonist simply because they can’t fathom the fact that her experiences are real. Watching the frustration of Annette Bening as she fails to control the dark images she is confronted with is intense and frightening. There were times when it got very confusing what aspects were visions and what was real, and it was also hard to track if she was imagining certain things or if they were happening. I thought they would play into that, and reveal how much of this was reality, but the movie didn’t seem as interested as I was in drawing the line between fact and fiction. The story takes a dark turn early, and never looks back. I was shocked how intensely awful they allowed things to become and the movie never provides a way out for the characters or the viewers. I did appreciate that they finally reached a point where Annette Bening was empowered, and her scenes with Robert Downey, Jr. were thrilling. I was hoping there would be some type of positive twist at the end, but that was not meant to be. In Dreams is just a dark film, and it fully embraces that fact. I respect the choices they made, and I wonder if some people really love this movie because there are elements of greatness. It has a tone that is similar to David Fincher, and perhaps in his hands it would be awesome. It definitely feels like there is an amazing movie hiding in here somewhere, but as presented it didn’t quite come together for me.

• Dec 21, 2017

Loved it. It's creepy, it's scary, it's sad, it's everything I want a psychological thriller to be.

• _kelly . Super Reviewer
    Oct 10, 2017

I can understand why people wouldn't like this film, considering a complex concept is neutered by poor execution and great actors give in to overacting more than once. Still, this film is hypnotic and dreamlike, many of the shots are pure art. If you appreciate masterful ambiance, this film has it, just don't expect to be rapt by the story.

• Jul 06, 2017

It is a creepy psychological thriller. I loved it.

It is a creepy psychological thriller. I loved it.

• May 05, 2017

Much better than you think.

Much better than you think.

• Oct 29, 2016

In Dreams is really terrible. Despite a stellar cast, everyone just hams it up in this completely silly nonsense.