Inglourious Basterds Reviews

• 1d ago

Despite its long run time, Inglorious Bastards may not be Tarintino's best work, but it boasts a charismic performance from Christoph Waltz and enough typical over the top Tarintino violence to go with it.

• 1d ago

Amazing dialogue, pacing, cinematography.

Amazing dialogue, pacing, cinematography.

• 2d ago

The opening scene is as raw and unapologetic as you will ever see on film. The rest? Fun alternative history. Christoph Waltz steals the show.

• 5d ago

Somehow better than the best War film ("The Deer Hunter" in my opinion) even though it's debatedly a War film itself, this movie broke all the rules, and boy was it a spectacle! 10/10!

• 5d ago

The movie drones on and is at least a half hour too long. Christoph Waltz was exceptional in every scene. But the movie just doesn't deliver on a whole. It ends up coming off flat and boring and unsatisfying despite its edgy tale.

• May 26, 2020

More dialogue-driven than one might expect from this type of Tarantino film (only 30% of which is in English). Whether you enjoy the movie by the end or not, chances are the first question you'll ask yourself is "Who the hell is Christoph Waltz?" Tarantino delivers another winner, featuring an outstanding acting debut from Waltz.

• May 18, 2020

This movie is so much fun and a really good action movie. The acting some of the best. You will enjoy it for sure.

• May 18, 2020

I really love this movie! It is a completely original twist on a classic world war 2 story, showing multiple viewpoints and bouncing between drama and light-hearted naughtiness. The use of language in this film is completely outstanding. By keeping the foreign languages and taking the risk of subtitles (something that turns many viewers away), the film becomes 100x more authentic while emphasizing the separation between the opposing parties/countries. I always thought it was strange how films will borrow a country's fashion, history and culture while the actors talk in accented english; it doesn't even allow the natives to watch a film based on their culture without subtitles. By using the native languages, Tarantino is redefining language in films and the worldwide film industry as a whole. I have to also mention Waltz' performance which, of course, is completely outstanding and one of my favorite of any actor to date.

• May 16, 2020

My favorite Tarantino film, my favorite war film, and my second favorite satire.

• May 15, 2020