Insidious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Insidious Reviews

August 15, 2017
scary in some parts but the final is not so great.Intense atmosfere and fittting music it was a exprience and enjoied it though the hole movie
August 6, 2017
Finally got round to watching this recently.... it having been recommended by several people.

It's not bad all round...and definitely kept me watching. It has some creepy moments that made my hair stand on end, and a jump scare or 2 to keep you on your toes. Most of the creepy atmosphere is down to the clever use of sound and music and some crafty editing. Solid performances from the entire cast, resulting in a believable family unit placed in turmoil due to ghostly goings on. It does loose its way towards the end, and I was a little disappointed in the direction it took.

The main idea of the film, and the context in which the supernatural element is delivered, still remains unique, and for that I did enjoy it. I was just hoping for a little more substance in the final act, and the film lost its impact for me due to the "reveal" in the final half hour. It has obviously gained some notoriety due to a sequel out this week, and I hope the continuation of the story will shed some new light, and possibly redeem its predecessor...
August 5, 2017
One of the scariest films I have ever seen, Insidious relies on some of the most effective jumpscares ever put to screen and a plot that will get under your skin and images you will never forget. I think this movie is severely underrated and I would go as far to say as this is one of my favourite modern horrors. I won't spoil anything, apart from the facgt that you will jump a lot, get scared and scarred, and blown away with this fantastic horror film!
August 1, 2017
Insidious is scary but that's about it.
½ July 28, 2017
Aside from some dull scenes and a nonsense third act, Insidious is a solid, interesting and all out terrifying horror gem.
½ July 23, 2017
Perfect horror movie in my eyes. The ending scene gave me nightmares for a long time
July 17, 2017
Great scary movie that has a great plot! Easy to follow and does not go off the plot line just to scare you!
June 28, 2017
Started out promising and then unraveled into an absolute mess
May 29, 2017
A solid horror thrill ride. With a shocking twist ending
May 25, 2017
Insidious finds the writing/directing talents of Leigh Whannell and James Wan colliding to bring something really fresh and scary to the haunted house formula, building a gothic atmosphere with effective scares, chilling suspense, spooky imagery, evocative sound effects and surprising emotional heft.
May 17, 2017
Excellent horror flick. Genuinely scary with good performances and a truly disturbing monster.

8.0/10
½ April 7, 2017
Insidious is very, very popular among fans of modern-day horror. When I read a review that compared it to The Exorcist, I knew that I had to watch it. I was expecting something that would make me wet my pants and screw up my sleep cycle.

And now here I am, fairly disappointed, with dry underwear.
April 5, 2017
This was a truly creepy film at varying turns, but as a lot of reviews had hinted, it kinda shits the bed in the final reel a bit by finally showing you exactly what you've been getting small glimpses of for the first half of the film.

Under the cold light of day the reveals are a bit anti-climactic, leaving you thinking "Really?" because it isn't as unsettling as what has gone before.

Having said all that, the spooky bit *DO* hold up well with the revisits, and I would say that it's definitely worth a look for genre fans.
April 3, 2017
4 stars. A good horror film.
March 23, 2017
Oh god everything about it is a terrible bombardment of badly-done cliches.
½ March 1, 2017
Um poltegeist reformulado mas bem mais assustador. bem bacana ver algumas coisas que o diretor usa depois em seus outros filmes mais recentes.
February 18, 2017
One of the scariest movies I've ever seen.
February 1, 2017
Very Scary, Very Creepy, and sure to keep you up at night!
January 22, 2017
Insidious is a very well directed horror film. James Wan proves himself again that he is the best horror movie director working today. The film is one of the scariest and a film that made me jump out of my seat in years. Oh and yes, this movie is filled with a lot of jump scares. For me, I do not enjoy jump scares that forces the audience to be scared. But in this film, the cheap jump scares are used very correctly and effectively. It knows when and how to use jump scares in certain amount of time and moment. The thing that this film is different than other horror films is that it avoids cliches and uses a ton of good and high quality jump scares. Overall, this film scared the hell out of me and got me in fear of shock by an ending twist.
January 18, 2017
One of my favorite horror movies in the last decade. The sequels are derivative and lazy, but this one was really something special.