Interview with the Vampire Reviews

• 5d ago

Great movie, only it's called "Interview with A vampire", not the.

Great movie, only it's called "Interview with A vampire", not the.

• Jun 29, 2019

This is quite a unique, thoughtful take on the vampire genre; one that strongly explores the downsides & tragedies that come with vampiric immortality with some real-life, social undercurrents that resonate to this day. Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas are great playing as vampires for their first and only time in their career but a young Kirsten Dunst steals the show as Claudia. This film is often surprising, disturbing and handsomely crafted though it runs through weaker plot stretches in the second half and finishes on a rather bizarre note. Still one of the better vampire flicks over the past few decades. - 8/10

• Jun 17, 2019

Long time reader of the books, here to say that this movie blows it out of the water. Tom Cruise was as close as one can get to Lestat without actuall being him, and Brad Pitt's "I'm done with this guy" attitude toward him was perfect for Louis! Whether Pitt was just acting or he really hated Cruise or both, it was exceptional. Now, what I must speak about is the MAGNIFICENCE of Kirsten Dunst's Claudia. After watching the movie, I was completely unable to picture the character any other way. Many complain of how they changed Claudia from a five year old to a ten year old, but Dunst appears even younger than she is in this role, and her age seems unknown, as Claudia's was in the books. Now... for Armand. Don't get me wrong, Antonio Banderas was excellent but this was not the red haired Russian adolescent we know and hated (or loved, depending on the person) from the books. The topic of Armand has never been portrayed correctly, which pains me because despite how much I hate the guy, he's a vital part of the story. BUT the costumes and special effects make up for this... oh how I miss practical effects. My favorite movie of all time, you know what, give it five stars!

• May 20, 2019

Best Vampire movie and Brad Pitt & Tom Cruises' best performances.

Best Vampire movie and Brad Pitt & Tom Cruises' best performances.

• Apr 23, 2019

I liked this movie, the story is excellent and well class actors, Such as Brad Pitt, and Tom Cruise. I thought that for the most part he took the show all the way. One of the best vampire movies that I have seen. So for that I give this movie a B-.

• Mar 11, 2019

One of the best movies I've watched. Great story, great acting etc etc

One of the best movies I've watched. Great story, great acting etc etc

• Feb 23, 2019

It was pretty Accurate from the books I think it was a great movie If anybody read it if I chronicles I think they would like it l

• Jan 19, 2019

Three handsome hunks made great vampires. Awesome horror movie by Anne Rice. Louis's pain of being a vampire is deep and his compassion for human life shows he stil has sense of humanity. Lestat is a dark vampire with no compassion. Antonio Banderas was awesome as Armand and Christian Slater as the interviewer. It was so sad about River Phoenix I love how they did In Memory of River Phoenix.

• Dec 09, 2018

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles: 10 out of 10: Adaptation of the Anne Rice novel that has aged like a fine red wine. Not that the vampires would know they never drink the stuff. The Good: This movie is better now than it was when it came out. The actors are more established. You don't have that silly controversy about Tom Cruise as Lestat. (He is incredible by the way). The theme of being forever young really hits home as you see these guys (and gal) from twenty-five years ago. In a way, actors are a lot like vampires forever young on the screen. The Bad: This really isn't a bad per se. I know that Christian Slater was a thing back when this movie was made. He doesn't ruin the film or anything but he is definitely the weakest link. The Ugly: When one lists child actors that went on to adult stardom (Jodie Foster, Ron Howard, Christian Bale, Natalie Portman) you know who never seems to be mentioned? Kirsten Dunst. I am not saying she is the best actor in this movie... okay, I am. She is fantastic, I always wondered why she never seemed to get the credit for it as other actors and actresses have. In conclusion: It is actually hard to review a film like this. If you haven't seen it go see it. If it has been a while since you saw it see it again. You will be surprised at how young everyone looks. You will be amazed at how overt the homosexual subtext really was. You will ask yourself what did America see in Christain Slater all those years ago. You will see youth and beauty preserved forever with porcelain skin and empty eyes.

• Oct 25, 2018

Very elegant and settle edits approach slightly on hinges towards the end however that being said I think it was good considering what they had to work with had the movie been made in 2017 or 18 would have been breathtaking