Invincible - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Invincible Reviews

May 6, 2017
Cheesy at times, yes. As predictable as the sunrise, yes. Covered with an annoying orange filter, yes. But no one cares because it's frickin amazing.
½ February 26, 2017
"Invincible" tells the true story of Vince Papale, a South Philly bartender who made the Philadelphia Eagles at an open tryout. Through an inspiring performance from Mark Wahlberg, "Invincible" is a decent sports flick that does embellish Papale's career quite a bit (he really wasn't that great), but it's a gritty, fun movie for the entire family.
February 11, 2017
decent movie,even when 75% of it it's made up and not even close to the title of based on a true story... but other than that,it's a consistent movie with strong chatacters and good plot
September 21, 2016
Pretty tame football hero-rising-up-from-poverty-to-find -fame-and- fortune-playing-a game- where-both-sides-run -around-with-a-ball,-trying-to-get -it- from- the-other-side- and- throw- it movie. Personally, since all the publicity about the way these men are suffering from early onset Alzheimer's because of brain damage, I find that, like boxing, this "sport" is only for those who see people seriously damaging each other as fun to watch, rather like the Romans watching the gladiators injure and kill each other. I only watched it for Greg Kinnear and was disappointed in his performance, which was pedestrian here.
½ September 17, 2016
Totally trite and cliche, there's nothing to really phone home about, yet it's still an entertaining and uplifting story about dreamers and underdogs.
½ September 5, 2016
Entertaining feel-good flick. Not as epic or emotional Rudy, but it is well worth watching.
July 7, 2016
A by-the-numbers inspirational sports movie by Disney. A down-on-his-luck bartender in the 70s tries out for the Philadelphia Eagles and ends up playing in the NFL. I just like these real-life stories, even if I know how they're going to turn out. Watching this movie also made me so glad I didn't live in the 70s. What a gloomy decade that was.
June 20, 2016
A pretty good sports movie. Mark Wahlberg is pretty good in everything that he is in, and this movie is no exception. It's a pretty good sports movie, but not on the same level as "Remember the Titans," or "We Are Marshall."
½ June 12, 2016
Not my favorite sports movie, but pretty good for the story at hand.
March 25, 2016
I dont know why but this movie hit me good! The first 5-10 min I was rolling my eyes at the Disneyfication of it. Corny inspirational themes with predictable everything. By the end I was all on board and loving every second of it! I HATED a lot of the other Disney Sports movies, like Remember the Titans to be exact.

Is this corny, yes, is it an eye roller sometimes, yes. Good though.
½ March 7, 2016
I was really starting to get into the movie, and then it ended.

I think if they hadn't shown the real Papale in the pre-credits, I think I'd like this movie a bit more. In those ten seconds, I saw more fire, heart, and passion than Wahlberg's hangdog two-hour portrait. I was never sold on why coach picked him for heart, but seeing Papale I understood. Wahlberg never showed that once, and I usually really enjoy him. The movie also hit all the beats and everything mentioned or done in the movie came back around at some point. Incredibly average when all is said and done, and five minutes after asking, "Are we gonna learn who any of his teammates are?" I learned that it didn't matter because the ending was the beginning.

As a movie about a small-town success, I was enjoying it until I saw the real Papale and realized I'd rather have seen the documentary.
February 21, 2016
One of Mark Wahlbergs better performances of his career, this interesting sports tale is about John Papale who tried out for the Eagles, and made it at 30 years old.

He had a lot of heart and actually made big plays in his career as he played for the Eagles for 3 years.

The movie jumps right into the story of Philly friends who are a tight knit group and play football on the side as a unit.
When an open tryout is called, Papale goes for it and makes the squad.

I really think Wahlberg was fantastic here. He really was. He made this movie for me. He really sold the role, and I never once thought he was "acting."

The story had a lot of interest, the football shots were really good, and the supporting actors of Kinnear, and Banks fit in really nicely.
It could of had a little bit more depth but the movie was really hard not to like.
The movie did a good job of shaping the times, and the music was also excellent.

I really enjoyed the slow motion football shots as the action was really intriguing.

Overall a very solid film that I would watch again in large part to Wahlbergs dialed in performance.
January 25, 2016
Mark Wahlberg's acting is very con-"Vince"-ing.
January 12, 2016
Cliche, but Marky Mark makes football look cool
½ January 2, 2016
I liked this movie. It was inspirational and the plot was very good. Mark Wahlburg was good as Vince Papale. This movie was not as dramatic for an inspirational sports movie.
½ October 25, 2015
Invincible is visually eye-popping with its landscape off the field and action on the gridiron. Even though marred by a less-than-captivating-plot and somewhat cheesy-Disney-inspiration, the film is still able to be inspiring and heartfelt. 3.5/5
October 20, 2015
Rocky trades in boxing gloves for a football helmet and pads in this inspirational winner about another local hero from the city of brotherly lugs, Philadelphia Eagles special-teams star Vince Papale is played with charming brio by Mark Wahlberg. 10/19/15
October 17, 2015
A terrific sports Movie!!!
½ September 20, 2015
Invincible is a very entertaining film that I really enjoyed, even if its filled with every clichà (C) in the book.
September 16, 2015
Nice feel good sports story that's a fine one time watch....nothing really worth more than that though.