Invincible - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Invincible Reviews

½ March 19, 2018
I am not an American Football fan and i enjoyed this "Rocky" for American Football.
The film is very Disney and i am sure played with some of the real facts but as a sports drama it is pretty fun to watch and Marky Mark downplays the role really well.
One Of Wahlberg's better roles.
January 29, 2018
The movie is entertaining and paints a believable picture of professional football and life in South Philly. Both Mark Walhburg and Greg Kinnear deliver solid performances. The story is filled with melodramatic flairs which has to be expected in a film titled "Invincible".
November 10, 2017
(4.5 out of 6)
When we see we hate losing when our team performs bad. When we hate other things when bills pile, we can't balance life, friends and relationships. When we hate how everything around us sucks when life is hard. When what we like we enjoy, when we play the game great that others like what they see and other things they hate. When we see there are other things we hate our rivals beside us. When we see we got to stop hating ourselves and start hating others who put you down. When we see we like other things that like us to do good. When others see we are making others look bad to hate us. When hating comes natural when we are not here to make friends, but to get a spot on the team. When we see waiting for it to all end we hate when we don't know. When we hate falling back to make necessary adjustments to our game. When we hate falling to only get right back up. When we hate all the aches & pains that come with the game to see it's all worth it to get a spot. When living in some dumps we hate the realities it brings to like some perks. When other things we hate is it all ending to just focus on one at a time so we don't lose it all. When what we hate is not knowing to like a few tips and tricks that helps us. When we see we hate the same results when signs are showing no progress. When what others see and hope for is liking the home team and hating all other teams that we know our city is counting on us. When what others hate is the business counting on them to win when football is about progress and business. When we see we hate cutting those who we really like, when they got heart. When we see the city could use a boost when we hate hard times to see one of their own do good. When what we like to hate are some people when they are good company. When we hate one of our own leaving to hate how we going to miss them. When we hate other things when it's pressure, when it messes with our stomachs and nerves. When what we grew up liking we must hate when we are rivals.

When we see that we hate missing something's when it's our opponents move. When what we like we grow to hate when there is no love in losing. When we hate how things can just go up in smoke when dreams and our livelihoods could vanish that we hate what comes after, that fight to crawl back fighting. When we hate to do somethings to people to do it anyway when it's right. When we see what we others can't see to disappoint them. When we hate how serious things get when not around friends when we could use a pick me up. When we hate how others dont treat us like one of the guys to be seen as a girl we know we ain't the guys to see we like them. When we see there is plenty to like about our team to hate not to do it for them. When what others hate we need to get over when they like us to do good. When we hate the lows some things might bring to enjoy the highs they eventually come, when what we can't help but not hate is a fan that we do it for them and others.
½ November 5, 2017
it is a movie that shows if you work hard you can live your dream.
May 6, 2017
Cheesy at times, yes. As predictable as the sunrise, yes. Covered with an annoying orange filter, yes. But no one cares because it's frickin amazing.
½ February 26, 2017
"Invincible" tells the true story of Vince Papale, a South Philly bartender who made the Philadelphia Eagles at an open tryout. Through an inspiring performance from Mark Wahlberg, "Invincible" is a decent sports flick that does embellish Papale's career quite a bit (he really wasn't that great), but it's a gritty, fun movie for the entire family.
February 11, 2017
decent movie,even when 75% of it it's made up and not even close to the title of based on a true story... but other than that,it's a consistent movie with strong chatacters and good plot
September 21, 2016
Pretty tame football hero-rising-up-from-poverty-to-find -fame-and- fortune-playing-a game- where-both-sides-run -around-with-a-ball,-trying-to-get -it- from- the-other-side- and- throw- it movie. Personally, since all the publicity about the way these men are suffering from early onset Alzheimer's because of brain damage, I find that, like boxing, this "sport" is only for those who see people seriously damaging each other as fun to watch, rather like the Romans watching the gladiators injure and kill each other. I only watched it for Greg Kinnear and was disappointed in his performance, which was pedestrian here.
½ September 17, 2016
Totally trite and cliche, there's nothing to really phone home about, yet it's still an entertaining and uplifting story about dreamers and underdogs.
½ September 5, 2016
Entertaining feel-good flick. Not as epic or emotional Rudy, but it is well worth watching.
July 7, 2016
A by-the-numbers inspirational sports movie by Disney. A down-on-his-luck bartender in the 70s tries out for the Philadelphia Eagles and ends up playing in the NFL. I just like these real-life stories, even if I know how they're going to turn out. Watching this movie also made me so glad I didn't live in the 70s. What a gloomy decade that was.
June 20, 2016
A pretty good sports movie. Mark Wahlberg is pretty good in everything that he is in, and this movie is no exception. It's a pretty good sports movie, but not on the same level as "Remember the Titans," or "We Are Marshall."
½ June 12, 2016
Not my favorite sports movie, but pretty good for the story at hand.
March 25, 2016
I dont know why but this movie hit me good! The first 5-10 min I was rolling my eyes at the Disneyfication of it. Corny inspirational themes with predictable everything. By the end I was all on board and loving every second of it! I HATED a lot of the other Disney Sports movies, like Remember the Titans to be exact.

Is this corny, yes, is it an eye roller sometimes, yes. Good though.
½ March 7, 2016
I was really starting to get into the movie, and then it ended.

I think if they hadn't shown the real Papale in the pre-credits, I think I'd like this movie a bit more. In those ten seconds, I saw more fire, heart, and passion than Wahlberg's hangdog two-hour portrait. I was never sold on why coach picked him for heart, but seeing Papale I understood. Wahlberg never showed that once, and I usually really enjoy him. The movie also hit all the beats and everything mentioned or done in the movie came back around at some point. Incredibly average when all is said and done, and five minutes after asking, "Are we gonna learn who any of his teammates are?" I learned that it didn't matter because the ending was the beginning.

As a movie about a small-town success, I was enjoying it until I saw the real Papale and realized I'd rather have seen the documentary.
February 21, 2016
One of Mark Wahlbergs better performances of his career, this interesting sports tale is about John Papale who tried out for the Eagles, and made it at 30 years old.

He had a lot of heart and actually made big plays in his career as he played for the Eagles for 3 years.

The movie jumps right into the story of Philly friends who are a tight knit group and play football on the side as a unit.
When an open tryout is called, Papale goes for it and makes the squad.

I really think Wahlberg was fantastic here. He really was. He made this movie for me. He really sold the role, and I never once thought he was "acting."

The story had a lot of interest, the football shots were really good, and the supporting actors of Kinnear, and Banks fit in really nicely.
It could of had a little bit more depth but the movie was really hard not to like.
The movie did a good job of shaping the times, and the music was also excellent.

I really enjoyed the slow motion football shots as the action was really intriguing.

Overall a very solid film that I would watch again in large part to Wahlbergs dialed in performance.
January 25, 2016
Mark Wahlberg's acting is very con-"Vince"-ing.
January 12, 2016
Cliche, but Marky Mark makes football look cool
½ January 2, 2016
I liked this movie. It was inspirational and the plot was very good. Mark Wahlburg was good as Vince Papale. This movie was not as dramatic for an inspirational sports movie.
½ October 25, 2015
Invincible is visually eye-popping with its landscape off the field and action on the gridiron. Even though marred by a less-than-captivating-plot and somewhat cheesy-Disney-inspiration, the film is still able to be inspiring and heartfelt. 3.5/5