Jack & Sarah Reviews

• Jul 13, 2019

Thank goodness someone decided to make this. Apart from the miscasting of Judi Dench it works.

• Jan 31, 2019

Totally underated film. A wonderful ensemble. Just have the box of tissues ready

• Jan 14, 2019

A bit over acted by Richard E Grant, the rest was okay though.

A bit over acted by Richard E Grant, the rest was okay though.

• Oct 07, 2017

An only so-so script is lifted by some genuinely charming and sturdy performances, without which, it's questionable whether it would be as watchable and likable as it is.

• Oct 01, 2017

heartwarming British film about a man who has to raise his child after his wife dies giving birth. Some brilliant actors including Richard E Grant, Sir Ian Mckellen and Dame Judi Dench. very convincing acting, funny,and sad and very enjoyable

• Feb 25, 2016

Jack & Sarah is a sweet little film. It's about a man named Jack (Richard E. Grant) whose wife Sarah (Imogen Stubbs) dies in childbirth, leaving him a widower and new father all on the same day. This, understandably, sends Jack into a depression and drinking binge. But slowly, with the help of his family, he realizes he has to pull himself and his life together for his new little daughter. Enter Amy (Samantha Mathis), an American he hires to be baby Sarah's nanny, who he ends up falling in love with. The movie isn't perfect, it's a bit choppy and I think the romantic chemistry between Jack and Amy is a little lacking. But I like it anyway, the story is sweet and the scenes with baby Sarah are so stinkin' cute! (Especially when she's in the paper bag with the sock on her head...) And there are a lot of wonderful side characters. You get Dame Judi Dench as Jack's mother, Eileen Atkins as his mother-in-law, and Sir Ian McKellen as his drinking partner turned friend/housekeeper.

• Apr 13, 2015

Richard E Grant , Judi Dench , Ian McKellen , Eileen Atkins and the Wonderful Samantha Mathis. Excellent cast, and equally excellent Writing. They dont make em like this anymore, which is a real shame. Classic.

• Jul 13, 2014

I picked this because Judi Dench was in it, but she didn't feature much. I found it didn't hold my attention that much, apart from when the cute baby appeared.

• Oct 05, 2013

Sweet but clumsy movie. Well-intentioned and emotively manipulative but plot is a bit haphazard and quite trite and contrived at times. Decent performances by Richard E Grant and Samantha Mathis in the lead roles plus from the supporting cast which includes Judi Dench and Ian McKellen. Flawed but very difficult to dislike.

• Feb 06, 2013