Jackie & Ryan Reviews

• Jan 13, 2019

It may not be the most exciting film but itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s easy to watch and some of the landscapes are stunning. I also thoroughly enjoyed the music. Itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s one of my easy rewatch go-toï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s now

• Jul 04, 2018

Wake me up when the movie is over

Wake me up when the movie is over

• Feb 03, 2018

The songs aren't catchy or good enough to say that this movie worth for its songs and the story isn't appealing or innovative to captivate the spectator during all of its runtime, but it has good performers and the story counts with some twists, but not as much as it should had been.

• Jan 02, 2018

This movie resonates with me. Beautiful scenery, great music, and a decent storyline.

• Dec 04, 2017

I loved this movie. I didn't have any expectations when I clicked the watch button on Netflix. But there is a wonderful calmness about it, a peace that comes from living a slower life. Of having the time to perfect something as simple and amazing as acoustic guitar playing, and of accepting oneself for who they are, even if it doesn't fit with today's version of normal. The music was excellent, Barnes and Heigl do an excellent job of portraying their characters, and there was great chemistry between them. I put this movie in the same category as Hope Floats, the Lake House, No Reservations, or even Captain Fantastic (although this one is far more subtle). If you enjoyed those movies, you will enjoy this one.

• Jun 12, 2017

How sad this sweet little film by Ami Canaan Mann was ignored by the public. It's on Netflix & I finally got to see it & really liked it. Ben & Katie were excellent together & I was pleasantly surprised by Ben's singing. The only thing I didn't like was I felt it was too short & a little more about their back stories could have been in it, plus the ending was too abrupt for my taste. But that's in editing & not the fault of the actors.

• Oct 23, 2016

This is a nice little story of trying to figure out (Jackie), or not (Ryan), just exactly what is going on in this thing called life. It's a story of new beginnings and second chances, and those who've been there not getting so bitter as to discourage one just cutting his teeth on a second mutual love, music. The first love being each other. As Jackie goes through a divorce and the disillusionment of a failed pop career, she finds in Ryan, a street musician, a rekindling of love, for music and for another man in her life. Ryan is just starting out following his muse, while Jackie has been beaten down by the industry and its commercialism. But Ryan won't let her lose hope not only for her love of music and faith in finding a good man, but won't let her lose her greatest love of all, her daughte. And it's Ryan that gives Jackie the strength to fight her husband in court over the custody of her daughter. This is a wonderful story of romance coming just in time amongst the ruins of one life to build it back up and to create that of another. Well played, well played indeed.

• Jun 21, 2016

the storyline was undeveloped and evoked no emotion.

the storyline was undeveloped and evoked no emotion.

• Jun 21, 2016

a good old country movie about a drifter who comes across a mother and her young family who was once famous but now getting back to her roots. and since their paths cross at their unfornute time, their influenced upon each other makes the other one stronger an abke to accomplished much more.

• Jun 20, 2016