Jungle Holocaust (Ultimo mondo cannibale) (Cannibal) (Carnivorous) (Last Cannibal World) Reviews

• Jul 22, 2019

A very violent, disturbing but honest film of the ways of the natives in the jungle. Please do not let children watch. Its more for an audience of age 18 & up. Lots of gore!!! I still liked it but was shocked by what I saw. Never will they be able to top this movie, I'll remember it always.

• Mar 02, 2018

this might be crap, i dont care i love those old cannibal movies

this might be crap, i dont care i love those old cannibal movies

• Mar 15, 2017

Not that great as other films in the same genre. It is a survival flick as others have noted. It's an alright watch for one time. [Mild Spoilers] Wish rob had taken her back to the states. She started to care for him but he didn't!

• Apr 18, 2016

For a 70's Italian cannibal flick this is OK. The story is decent, the main protagonist is good up to a point. The practical effects were really well done overall. There were a few let downs though.. Robert uses the native woman to help him escape. Then he rapes her (for no reason) then she decides to help him?!? Then she gets killed by the tribe (in a really great scene at the bbq pit) because she helped him, when she didn't have any choice? The next flaw is the perfectly manicured lawn that is the runway. In the middle of a cannibal infested jungle...yeah sure. And lastly...all of the native woman were perfectly manicured and had finely shaped eyebrows, and no armpit hair.

• Jan 25, 2016

Wow. Massimo Fochi's ballsy (literal and figurative) turn here as cannibal captive. Too bad there's several instances of animal cruelty (an unforgivable staple of these Italian cannibal flicks) that stops the picture cold when they crop up in sloppily inserted, almost entirely out of context form. The gutting of a live alligator is truly stomach turning. Me Me Lai walking around naked for the majority of the movie however, is not.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Sep 24, 2015

Based on a true story my ass. I was surprised by its unrestrained full frontal nudity (even pee pee fondling...). This inventive tale (at its time) was thrilling and effective to cash in on the fascination with cannibalism and the rejection of primitiveness.

• Jul 21, 2015

Deodato brings to the screen Last Cannibal World it is a well shot film and you will whistle the score for the rest of the evening but not my personal favourite of the Italian Cannibal genre.

• Apr 21, 2014

Before Cannibal Holocaust, Deodata directed this similar Cannibal related movie supposedly based on true events. Yeah, and we all know how true Cannibal Holocaust turned out to be, so I doubt it. Anyways, suprising how much similarities are between the two movies, senseless animal slaughter, -you-could-have-fooled-me-looking Cannibals, and one big ol' gory scene at the end (and oh yes, Cannibals that betray other cannibals deserve to die). Somewhat numbing (especially towards the middle, when there's not really that much going on), but an entertaining comparison to Planet Of The Apes could be drawn.

• Mar 22, 2014

More of the same, though it doesn't feel as trashy as some of the other cannibal films.

• Jan 20, 2014