Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Reviews

• Feb 18, 2020

This film is so pointless. Full of pointless characters, pointless situations and cliches made to sell a bunch of toys. It is so annoying. The first one was a great idea. An innovative one. This is just plain stupidity. It is so cringy from the beginning to the end.

• Feb 16, 2020

What the f*ck is this? The first one was okay in my opinon, but it had weak writing and a plot that didn't make any sense. I expect them to do BETTER over time but no, it's just like the original trilogy, they only get worse and worse.

• Feb 16, 2020

Wow, now that was a bad movie.

Wow, now that was a bad movie.

• Feb 16, 2020

We are here for the dinosaurs and the theme park? So why is this movie so freakin brutal to the Dinos? Like so overly violent for no reason? And then the entire last half of the movie isn’t even at Jurassic World anymore. Terrible. Awful jokes. Poor writing. Stupid decisions. Unlikable. Unenjoyable.

• Feb 15, 2020

A lot of action with little to no substance.

A lot of action with little to no substance.

• Feb 12, 2020

I'm sorry to say that it's immediately obvious that this film does not even feel as if it belongs in the same universe as Jurassic Park with cheap, poorly constructed set pieces with none of the tension of a well built Spielbergian sequence and crass and dodgy exposition-filled dialogue. With the first Jurassic Park, Spielberg allowed exposition to come through character moments, it was very elegant, even when it was obvious it was fun, when the action needed idiots for fodder it was motivated but not such here. The set design is possibly the only thing this film has going for it, and I suppose I'm a fan of the two leads and Justice Smith, there's good chemistry even if there isn't any good characterisation at all, the new characters are dropped in as if this is season 2 of a show and we already know who they are entirely. The music is awful and the visual effects are mostly terrible. The script feels like it was written by someone with English as a second language. And there are so many glaring plot holes and inconsistencies and stupid and contrived decisions that it's impossible to enjoy even the littlest bit. I mean this with the greatest respect to the medium, but Fallen Kingdom is every bit like the cutscenes of a Jurassic Park videogame. It's as if the license has been given to an inferior third party. I could almost see the HUD overlay. And I'm not even going to touch the utterly lore-shattering and franchise-imploding use of cloning. Oh dear.

• Feb 07, 2020

What garbage looks like.

What garbage looks like.

• Feb 07, 2020

I don't know what story they were trying to tell but it was awful. Shame since the actors were great.

• Feb 02, 2020

Though the movie feels a bit tiring and a bit too reliant on established formula, its pitch perfect cast, stunning visuals and jaw-dropping action sequences make it still a recommended watch.

• Jan 26, 2020

This movie was incredibly dark, unessecarily violent and definitley the lowest point of the Jurrasic Franchise. Not only was the way that the dinosaurs were tortured/killed and left for dead cruel and unnessecary, I feel it didn't add to the plot line. It's only contribution was to give a strong dislike to certain characters, which was already there given the sterio typical and uninventive references to violence and small minded behaviour. The female characters were one dimensional and stereotypical to the point of offence, and the plot line was predictable from the very beginning of the movie. While this movie intended to be humorous, the references were outdated and the jokes generally missed their targeted audience. It was definitely too dark for a PG movie, and didn't add anything substantial to the jurrasic storyline.