Just Between Friends Reviews

• Nov 03, 2014

Unusual situation develops when woman unknowingly becomes friends at the gym with the wife of the man who she is having an affair with. Awkward dinner party was interesting but film drags on too long with Danson's death and subsequent baby.

• May 17, 2014

Adult-oriented drama has women becoming friends unaware that one is having an affair with the other's husband; made more complicated after his untimely death. This one had no hope for blockbuster appeal and really didn't appeal to me either, despite credible production and cast.

• Sep 02, 2013

Ahh, yes, 1986 - this was the time when people thought casting Ted Danson for something other than a bad TV series was a good idea. He has the screen presence of a fruit basket. It does pick up once Waterston moves into the main picture.

• Sep 10, 2012

Excellent film about friendship.

Excellent film about friendship.

• Sep 10, 2009

Funny, gut wrenching, honest movie. It shows friendship from all angles, not just the two primary characters. The fake, shallow friends as well as those that are there for life no matter what are all covered.

• Feb 20, 2009

So '80s bad it hurts: VHS vs Betamax, short male shorts, high-waisted mom jeans, hair, leotards, and ted danson. I kept waiting for MTM and Lahti to become lesbians.

• Jan 08, 2009

Woefully mediocre. The saddest part is that I've seen worse.

Woefully mediocre. The saddest part is that I've seen worse.

• Mar 12, 2008

It was not my choice to watch, nor did I sit down or even finish it, but what I can say is this: even thinking about sitting down to view part of this movie, let alone thinking about even renting it, is a waste of mental energy that could be better used on just about anything else you can think of. Christine Lahti does a much better job of giving a restrained performance than Mary Tyler Moore, who knows nothing of the word "subtle" in this movie. Of course, the premise, the dialog and the directing are so bad that there was no way around it for the actors. Everybody involved merely needed to get paid.

• Feb 24, 2008

Very good movie, sad also.

Very good movie, sad also.

• Leo L Super Reviewer