Kikujiro Reviews

• Aug 05, 2018

One of my favourite road trip films ever

One of my favourite road trip films ever

• Feb 08, 2018

The soundtrack was even better than the movie itself.

The soundtrack was even better than the movie itself.

• Sep 20, 2015

I will say that there are flashes of creative brilliance throughout Kikujiro but with a two hour run time this coming-of-age road movie wears out its welcome.

• May 14, 2015

Avec Kikujiro, Kitano Takeshi est parvenu à réaliser un film extrêmement contemplatif, complètement absurde et pourtant incroyablement drôle et définitivement touchant. Impossible de rester de marbre devant les aventures de Masao et de ce minable malpoli, vantard et violent interprété par un Kitano qui n'a jamais été aussi attachant. En plus de partir dans des directions inattendues et de ne se refuser aucun symbole aussi naïf qu'il puisse sembler, Kikujiro est mis en musique par Joe Hisaichi et ce, de très belle manière. Comme d'habitude. Kikujiro est un petit bijou, un monument du road movie.

• Oct 12, 2013

Sweet and amusing. Takeshi Kitano has many talents.

Sweet and amusing. Takeshi Kitano has many talents.

• Jun 14, 2013

Really quirky and funny.

Really quirky and funny.

• Feb 23, 2013

The Film Touched Me In Many Ways.Kikujiro Was Kinda Based On Takeshi's Real Father.In The Movie You See Masao, A Boy Who Wants To See His Own Mother And Lives With His Grandmother. One Day In Summer He Decides To Finally See His Mom.As He Gets On His Way His Neighbor Sends Kikujiro (A Gambler and A Guy That Likes To Insult People In Funny Ways) To Go With Masao On His Trip To His Mother.As They Are On The Trip Many Things Begin To Happen To Them They Also Begin To Bond.Kikujiro Is A Must See For All People That Are Fans Of Takeshi Kitano And Road Trip Movies!

• Feb 03, 2013

Japanese version of 'Central Station'. Takeshi is a genius, who defines a new collocation for me - touching cult.

• Dec 05, 2012

I always had high expectations for Kitano's movies but I never expected this one to be such a great movie, Truly refreshing

• Nov 11, 2012

One of my favorite Beat Takeshi films. Yes, sweet and beautiful aren't words you normally use to describe Beat's films. But this is his most artistic and lyrical film ever. It is a road story that follows a good for nothing thug, and a little boy as they travel across Japan in search of his mother. Beautifully shot, hilarious and sad at the same time. Don't miss this one.