Killers Reviews

• Nov 28, 2017

Tyypillinen aasialainen ylipitkä leffa jota olisi ihan hyvin voinut tiivistää ainakin 30 minuutilla. Toinen ärsyttävä piirre on ns. aasialainen joukkokohellus ja siihen liittyvä mielipuolinen huuto. Ajoittain aika väkivaltainen.

• Aug 17, 2017

Whilst it was slickly filmed and touched on some interesting themes such as what drives or triggers people to become a killer, the movie spends as little time as possible focusing on that leaving you with a somewhat murky picture of the characters and lots of unanswered questions. Instead, it opts to turn its attention to the murders themselves and showing them in graphic detail. In the end, 'Killers' is an overly long gore fest that will only satisfy a certain type of moviegoer.

• Feb 21, 2017

This wild thing gets its claws into you early, and keeps them there by way of spectacular direction and pair of sure-handed, albeit at-times melodramatic, performances by Kazuki Kitamura and Oka Antara, whom I feel shines the brightest. "Killers" is that rare confident, (possibly) pretentious, and always tense breed of psychological thriller that you give your express permission to kick your teeth down your throat in the visual assault.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Jan 26, 2017

Drags on way too long, and is a bit confusing to follow at times as it follows two men in two countries- one in Japan, one in Thailand- and all the associated characters and many deaths and beatings, due to both men being psychopaths. Attention got a bit strained by the end, but for a dark action movie, it wasn't too bad. Once was definitely enough, though.

• Oct 26, 2016

The Mo brothers are going places... Better than any Hollywood movie! Story line is so impressive

• Oct 08, 2016

Weird but a lovable.

Weird but a lovable.

• Sep 07, 2016

One of the best Asian releases ever.! This one truly is a "Killer". Great performances, writing and direction. Killers had me from the first scene. This one really came out of nowhere for me.

• Jun 29, 2016

Interesting story about a journalist who inadvertently becomes a vigilante (albeit a very sloppy one) and a serial killer who through videos they post of their killings become engaged in a competition of sheer will. I have mixed emotions on it because while it is an interesting story it also has some moments throughout it that drag in places and disrupts the flow of the movie for me. Also, because of the very dark ending it really leaves the viewer feeling disgusted and unhappy with the results although it does score some points for being different in that way. Not horrible by any means but prepare yourself for 2 hours of unnerving dismay. Also as a side note, the actor who plays the serial killer was also one of the lead aliens in Godzilla: Final Wars from 2004. lol 7/10

• May 03, 2016

I was told that "Killers" explores the psyche of, well, serial killers, but it seems The Mo Brothers were far more interested in exploring human innards. Think of it as a cross between gruesome slashers ("I Saw the Devil," "Saw") and pretentious psychological thrillers ("Simon Killer," "Antichrist"), but incapable of succeeding as either.

• Nov 22, 2015

I'm all yours. A business executive and a journalist become friends over the internet; however, the businessman doesn't know the true depths of the crazy in the journalist. The journalist is a psychopath serial killer that picks up girls and does terrible things to them. The businessman will try to stop him without getting caught; unfortunately, his family becomes the journalist's next target, making stopping the killings even more important. "I don't usually go out with someone I just met." Kimo Stamboel and Timo Tjahjanto, who collaborated on Macabre (2009), collaborate again to deliver Killers. The storyline for this picture is very interesting and the characters are delivered well and in a very believable fashion. The writing is clever and the kill scenes contain a nice amount of gore and intensity. "It'll be the night of your life. I'll split you in half." As soon as this was added to Netflix online I had to add it to the queue. This was well done and very entertaining if you enjoy movies like Old Boy and Ishii the Killer. This wasn't as good as those all time classics, but it is well done and worth a viewing if you're a fan of the genre. "You're doing better than I expected." Grade: B