King Kong Reviews

• 6d ago

Peter Jackson shows fanboy-like admiration for the original King Kong in this bloated, but very well made remake. There's a lot of care and heart put into this version, even if some of the action sequences go way overboard, and the plot is extremely drawn out.

• Jan 09, 2020

Despite being a whoppin' 3 hours and 21 minutes, I liked this movie. The only thing I hated from this one is that its script was written so I could be a vast change from the iconic 1933 movie. Hot take, It did not need to be three hours, not to mention it's longer than Avengers: Endgame. It's not flawless at all, there are many flaws to it, like slow pacing, the unnessecary add-ins to make the movie it's length, and in contrast to the 1933 movie. But unlike the godawful Disney remakes, King Kong 2005 lives up to the OG Kong. Go watch it! it's almost worth 3 hours.

• Jan 05, 2020

Love it!! I've probably seen this movie about 25 times lol maybe I'll watch it right now! Lol

• Dec 16, 2019

This was an odd viewing experience in that the special effects were obviously perfectly done and state-of-the-art, as you would expect from the largest movie budget of its time, and the acting was thoroughly spot-on, but there was this unshakeable feeling that the movie sorely lact subtlety. All of the characterization, plot points, action scenes and dialogue seemed one-dimensional, in-your-face and unsurprising, no matter how well they were executed. It was like there was no deep level of thought put into the screenplay - even the excessive jostling of Naomi in the majority of her interactions with Kong seemed meant to be taken as fact despite what should've been obvious severe whiplash. They seemed to substitute a few bizarre segments of surreal/slow-motion cinematography that never made sense in exchange for any real soul. The effects that made Kong realistic were the highlight of the movie, followed closely by the excellent film score.

• Dec 16, 2019

This movie was just heartwarming, and a great revision to a classic. The soundtrack was wonderful, the characters were great, the movie was great.

• Dec 15, 2019

It may be long. But it's entertaining, it's intense, it's emotional and memorable.

• Dec 05, 2019

Way better than The Outback (2012 film)!

Way better than The Outback (2012 film)!

• Nov 03, 2019

The movie's great, shut up ok? I have so much fun watching it

The movie's great, shut up ok? I have so much fun watching it

• Oct 31, 2019

I have no idea why people gave this movie bad reviews. Maybe because it was too long? Ok. But I still loved every second of it.

• Oct 27, 2019

I loved King Kong! Sure, yes, some of the scriptwriting was pretty bad and some of the camera work sucked as well, but apart from that, King Kong was great,