Kissing a Fool Reviews

• Feb 08, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• May 31, 2015

5/31/2015: Not great by any means, but a nice little movie.

5/31/2015: Not great by any means, but a nice little movie.

• Sep 11, 2014

"Kissing a Fool" isn't so much a bad movie as it is a plain and ordinary one that never really aspires to be anything special. The three leads are all pretty enough, but the love story is lazy and the film isn't really about what it's supposed to be about. David Schwimmer is playing unconvincingly against type, and you never really buy him as the boorish womanizer. It's an obnoxious performance apparently designed to put his TV past behind him, but all it's destined to do is completely alienate his fan base. I've always liked Jason Lee, on the other hand, and he fares a little better here simply because you like his character so much more. As the film heads down its predictable path to the ending everyone knows is coming, there are no surprises along the way. It sets up a premise, eventually involving the insecure and immensely unlikable Schwimmer asking his pal to seduce his fiance to see if she'll remain faithful, but that is never followed up on. There's really no reason to delve into that story since we all know how that will play out from the start. There's some good music sprinkled throughout, but the needless and distracting profanity is really unnecessary for a film of this nature. The screenwriter is novelist James Frey, who would later be exposed as a fraud for making up a lot of the details of his memoir. Based on the banal and forgettable "KIssing a Fool", he could be called a hack as well. This insipid wannabe romance is little more than a poor excuse for a date movie.

• May 25, 2014

I love this movie!!!

I love this movie!!!

• Apr 18, 2014

A predictable, boring romantic comedy with Schwimmer as sportscaster who sleeps around, finds the "woman of his dreams" and promptly asks his best friend to see if she'll sleep with him to ascertain whether she really loves Schwimmer. And it just goes downhill from there. No laughs, no cuteness, no feelings of romance, and a Bonnie Hunt wasted in a narrator's role.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Jun 07, 2013

This is one of those romantic comedies that I enjoy having on my shelf, guilty pleasure film. It's not your average romantic comedy, it has a little edge that other films of the genre lack. The leads are fun and play well of each other even if the characters fall onto every cliché in the book. I caught this film again on the weekend and must say I still find the film funny and one of the few romantic comedies I enjoy, I have this right next to Notting Hill. Jason Lee deserved a better film career, much like David Schwimmer, they are funny guys who missed the train. 22/09/2018.

• Mar 20, 2013

A predictable plot line with too much cursing for no apparent reason.

A predictable plot line with too much cursing for no apparent reason.

• Feb 06, 2013

Not very funny rom-com. Very predictable and formulaic.

Not very funny rom-com. Very predictable and formulaic.

• Jan 22, 2013

The TV PG version is better than the R version, but a really good film nonetheless.

• Apr 02, 2012

want to find it to purchase it holds a memory of someone.

want to find it to purchase it holds a memory of someone.