Kong: Skull Island Reviews

• 4d ago

Kong: skull island's setting, story and action gives the film enjoyable and exciting moments. At times goes fall flat by not taking too many risk and at times realises on its cast. Even if the cast had great chemistry. (John.c Riley is amazing).

• Oct 13, 2019

A good time it's exactly what you'd expect from this type of movie.could have been better but overall more than a pass

• Oct 12, 2019

characters were dumb, villain monster looked weird and kinda disappointing, villain human was no surprise. had nice look to the film and I liked John C Reilly's character.

• Kongy McKongster
    Oct 10, 2019

I thought this movie was going to be about a giant gorilla. I was not disappointed.

• Oct 07, 2019

An absolutely visually stunning movie all the way through. Great, pacing and editing, stunning visuals, and amazing monster fight scenes all the way through and throughout. While it's not super groundbreaking it's one heck of a fun watch.

• Oct 06, 2019

An improvement over Godzilla (2014). While the studio learned not to cut away to the boring human characters during the action, the boring human characters are still there. Samuel L. Jackson is a fine villian and John C. Reilly does his best to make up for the other characters. Great action and visuals make up for it though. Now as long as the future movies can give us great human characters as well as the great action we may have the perfect monster movie. 8/10

• Oct 02, 2019

High-grade tosh, lifting whole chunks unapologetically from Jurassic Park, Apocalypse Now, Top Gun, Predator, etc but still enjoyable if overlong. This time it's the early-70s, the Vietnam war is drawing to a close, no-one has ever seen King Kong, so hey, let's check out this weird uncharted Pacific Island and take photos. You can guess the rest. Good music and CGI.

• Sep 30, 2019

Kong Skull Island Was Excellent. Yeah we know the story, the cgi could always be better. But i love mysterious creatures and conspiracy theory storys. Also its going to tie into the godzilla franchise i heard.

• Sep 27, 2019

Villain monster design was pretty lame looking. Story was so-so and nothing was overly memorable.

• Sep 25, 2019

Missed the beginning, so probably some of the set up. That said, I don't think set up is THAT critical - you will figure it out pretty easily. Kong is good, but misunderstood. Lizard things bad because... ick. Samuel Jackson - batshit crazy ala Captain Ahab. Most of the rest of the cast is along as either eye candy or lizard candy, if you see what I mean there. wink wink. It is set in the 70s, I can only assume because prequel for something that probably won't get made. That only gives Kong a few years to get ready for Jeff Bridges. Honestly, I have never been a King Kong fan - for any of the films, and even though this film is better than the recently released Godzilla movie, I would always pick Godzilla over Kong. On the up side, John C Reilly is a voice of reason and fun to watch, even if his subplot seems extraneous. The CGI is pretty good, and the movie keeps up a decent pace.