Koyla Reviews

• Dec 29, 2016

The movie seemed like it was made by an amateur. The characters all overacted. We couldn't watch too much of this.

• Dec 12, 2016

Shankar (Shah Rukh Khan) lives as a peasant boy eventually seeks retribution after learning more about his past involving a mine.

• Jun 30, 2016

This film isn't the type of love story you would expect when you hear it's a movie with Shahrukh Khan. Instead, it's a dark revenge movie. It's surprisingly good as well.

• Aug 16, 2015

Maybe more like 2.5/5 stars. I went into it not expecting much and was pleased that the movie was as decent as it was. It was super predictable but there were places that I wasn't expecting or couldn't anticipate. It was also nice to see a trope handled in a somewhat logical-ish fashion.

• Jun 15, 2015

OK Bollywood thriller.

OK Bollywood thriller.

• Mar 23, 2013

This movie is amazing, I don't understand why it has a 56% on here. The plot is very good, so is casting, and so is the ambient music. The movie ranges from very serious scenes, to more comedic scenes, and even romantic scenes. Although these things are expected from a Bollywood movie, this was an instant classic. Additionally it was rated as a good movie by my father, which is very very rare.

• Nov 17, 2010

KOYLA (1997) - at times this is a little on the silly side, but overall WOW what a fantastic movie!! Suspense and action - this is a real nail biter. Madhuri Dixit is fabulous. SRK's tragic character (an orphaned slave) is mute - though he does burst into song here and there (LOVE the hair and those black leather pants....ahhhhhhh). Especially love the song in the temple with the big drums. Better than I'd expected!

• Sep 14, 2009

songs are good.. a typical 1990 s movie..

songs are good.. a typical 1990 s movie..

• Aug 16, 2009

Foarte frumos filmul

Foarte frumos filmul

• Aug 13, 2009

This movie was awesome!! I loved all the action. Of course the prerequisite tragedies have to occur for the hero to come back for vengence and this was one of those films. SRK as the mute Shankar was great. The romance that buds between him and Gauri (Madhuri Dixit) is sweet. I thought it was awesome when Shankar starts getting back at the people who did him wrong and Gauri helped him. That's true love. LOL. Really great action fillm with so much heart.