The Last Exorcism - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Exorcism Reviews

August 11, 2016
Unique take on exorcism films. Does not come together in the end however, unraveling any tension or curiosity that does build up in the first three quarters.
½ May 8, 2016
I liked this film. Gave a different slant on the usual exorcism type movies and was a good watch.
May 5, 2016
The Last Exorcism is a good example of a horrible found-footage horror movie. The plot is trying to be original in some way but ultimately fails due to some blatantly noticeable cliches. There was nothing remotely chilling or scary about it. There was no tension what so ever. It was incredibly boring. And don't get me started on that awful, awful ending. It was like the writers said "Lets just have a bunch of characters get together for no explained reason, and perform some disturbing witchcraft stuff". I understand that in found-footage movies, some thing aren't fully explained, but that was just disappointing and lazy and this whole movie was a mess. The only redeeming quality is that it was well acted. That is the only reason it gets one star. Otherwise, it would have got half a star. A very poor excuse for a horror movie. The first and last exorcism, I hope.
½ April 10, 2016
I don't think I will ever watch this film again, but in the last thirty minutes, it pulls the story together beautifully! Good movie
March 27, 2016
I have to say that I was very disappointed by this movie. I thought I was going in for some good scares but left the theater with only like 3 good ones. The plot was really what I didn't like. The story had a good setup but the last 20 minutes of the movie really brought it down. There was also too much in-and-out action-terror. Plot gets a 2 put of 5. The acting was so-so. But this film had a low budget and had to hire no-name actors with little or no real acting experience. Acting gets a 3 out of 5. The dialogue was probably alright. There were a few funny parts but nothing you don't expect. Dialogue gets a 2 out of 5. And lastly, the special effects did a pretty good job considering the budget wasn't very high. Special effects get a 3 put of 5. Film was ok. The original exorcist wasuch better.
½ February 20, 2016
Occasionally creepy but disjointed blend of Kill List and Blair Witch which beats the latter but not the former.
½ February 16, 2016
I hated it. It sucked
February 13, 2016
do NOT care for this
January 28, 2016
Pointless film really, I didn't get scared once, Very disappointing, Having said that it was an old plot with a twist which was ok but nothing memorable.
December 26, 2015
I'm excited, can't wait to see her tormented so I can be afraid to sleep alone for a night or two. lol
December 22, 2015
The Last Exorcism is extremely stupid and laughably entertaining.
½ December 3, 2015
A competent mockumentary that employs a precise pacing to follow a charlatan Reverend who exploits people for money until he encounters more than he bargained for. Suffice to say that it grows really terrifying, but the editing is flawed like most productions of the kind.
December 2, 2015
The Last Exorcism is a good physcological horror movie, I didnt hold much hope for it but its better than expected for sure. Its fairly generical and doesnt pull up any trees but for what its worth its quite a disturbing watch which probably isnt for the feint hearted.
November 5, 2015
While the ending feels like a cop out, the rest of the film is satisfyingly eerie.
October 26, 2015
Where I imagined this movie might go while I was watching it was far more interesting than where it went. Not a whole lot happens through out this mockumentary. There are "little" moments of possession would register a one on the Exorcist scale, but the movie is completely with out scares, or any terrifying moments until the last few minutes of the movie, but the problem is is that it committed the crime of boring me so much that when the "shocking" finale finally came, I was too indifferent to care.
July 26, 2015
A mixed bag considering it provides an interesting found-footage style premise and a couple unnerving moments but hardly ever matches the disturbing visual horror of the 1973 original.
½ June 14, 2015
It is definite that the only reason it was shot on hand held was to cash in on the found footage craze, but that doesn't stop the Last exorcism from bringing out freaky scares, uncommon intelligence and enough genre twists to overcome it's familiar plot framework
May 25, 2015
TLE is surprisingly creepy with a clever ending that most found-footage films fail to offer.
May 16, 2015
I saw this movie with a bunch of friends, despite telling from glance that it wasn't a good movie. nevertheless i took a leap of faith and said to me, what the hell... It was seriously one of the worst movies i ever saw. You don't understand whats going on, it tries to use mystery and suspense but it fails. In the ending i was like... what just happen... the whole movie just doesn't make any sense
May 8, 2015
Its stays true to its roots and does use its documentary/found footage premise rather well. But the ending is just so ridiculous and stupid, also shaky acting performances doesn't make this worth watching