Latin Lovers Reviews

• Feb 05, 2017

Glossy MGM Lana Turner vehicle directed by Mervyn Leroy; Ricardo Montalban gets to sing a couple of songs and Rita Moreno has a bit part as a jealous lover.

• Sep 17, 2016

Well mounted Lana Turner vehicle that takes her south of the border for romance in South America. The only reason I watched this film is because I'm a huge Ricardo Montalban and not at all in an ironic way. If you watch Montalban's early Hollywood films, he has an amazing screen presence, especially in his few leading roles where he wasn't playing stereotypical ethnic parts like he does here, he really did deserve to have been a major star. This film is absolute fluff, but it's well made fluff from director Mervyn LeRoy that features a handsome cast, that includes beside Turner and Montalban, John Lund, Louis Calhern, Jean Hagen, and Rita Moreno.

• Oct 13, 2013

Latin Lovers is a cute film. It is about Nora Taylor who has $37,000,00 but thinks every man she meets prefers her bankbook figure to her own. Lana Turner and Ricardo Montalban give incredible performances. The script is well written. Mervyn LeRoy did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor and romance. Latin Lovers is a must see.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Jun 14, 2013

There's a reason this is one of Miss Turner's more obscure titles. Lesser Lana with plush trappings but a silly story line with horribly dated gender attitudes. Lana's clothes are beautiful but her hair is shellacked into place throughout, its not unattractive but is strangely immobile.

• Sep 27, 2011

Lana is beautiful and her costumes wee so gorgeous in this movie! I really miss how women used to dress in the 50s. . . classy and demure. I loved the Samba scene!

• Sep 26, 2006

5.5/10. Routine story, predictable, not very original but still entertaining. Very good production. The sets and costumes are all first rate. The cast is fine, no one stands out much. Jean Hagen is good in a supporting role.