Lay the Favorite Reviews

• Aug 18, 2019

What in the name of all star cast failure is this?! I'm very disappointed in Mr. Willis' decision to commit to such a brain cell loss of a movie. Young and ditzy (anonymous) lead actress becomes a pro gambler while glorifying the adultery of stealing another woman's (Catherine Zeta Jones) husband ...Jones' sad reaction? - Get a facelift! Gotta combat the negative lifestyle changes that a woman goes through leaving her prime. *eye roll* Positive note - you get to see Donna topless.

• May 16, 2019

This has to be one of the most awful movies I have ever seen, and quite possibly the biggest steaming pile Bruce has managed to attach himself to (which is pretty impressive, considering some of his other bombs). The female lead, Rebecca Hall (aka "Beth") is both the most obnoxious character of all time and simultaneously manages to pull off one of the worst attempts at "acting" that I have ever witnessed. I spent the majority of the hour and a half run time hoping something really bad would happen to her in the film, she was that annoying. And the writing...oh, the writing...whoever is responsible for this trash, you deserve to be beaten mercilessly. The only redeeming quality in this cinematographic dumpster fire behind an abortion clinic was the minute or so of topless screen time for Laura Prepon of "That 70's Show" fame, otherwise, do yourself a favor and avoid this at all costs.

• Apr 19, 2019

I came across this movie last night on Netflix and thought the main character was the most adorable person ever and I loved the acting and story from every person in it! I finished the movie with a big smile on my face and wanted to see a part in the beginning again and ended up watching the entire 90min movie all over again for a second time loving it even more! Just ordered a hard copy off of Amazon just to support the movie and have a copy to hold in my hand. Thought is was a really great movie, might even watch it again later today just because. To all the haters out there, I'm just happy not to be friends with u :)

• Mar 02, 2019

Would have been a much better movie if they cut out like 30-40 minutes out of the middle.

• Jul 07, 2018

This is a fun movie with some all-stars. The unknown actress who plays the lead is really good at playing a dim-witted inexperienced person at life. Not dissapointed.

• Jan 06, 2018

Sorry but I hated this movie. It was so loud to begin with, even 90 minutes was too long for this nonsense. The only thing that was good about this movie was the cast and the acting.

• Nov 05, 2017

Unfortunately, there are people who invested their money in this movie based on the cast. This movie came off as lazy and leaned on formerly established stereotypes. A beacon of mediocrity - leaning on many already covered topics/relationships/characters. A superstitious, bookie meets an awkward/shy/go-getting Floridian girl who happens to be good at numbers and he decides that she is his rabbit's foot. She learns the ropes of the bookie business, while he explains to her the pitfalls of Vegas and bookmaking, while dealing with his strong willed, skeptical, business-oriented Vegas wife. Character developed has been established from my comments above, as they fulfill all of the normal stereotypes. If Pretty Woman was shot in Vegas, was a thoughtless lazy script and didn't include Richard Gere or Julia Roberts, this would be the result.

• Oct 24, 2017

A very unorganized and rather shallow drama comedy about sports gambling; that finds a way to be reasonable entertainment.

• Oct 21, 2017

I haven't seen this big of a piece of crap since...well...quite frankly I got off of the toilet this morning and looked down.

• Jul 31, 2017

A former stripper's (Rebecca Hall) talent with numbers lands her a job with a professional gambler (Bruce Willis) who runs a sports book in Las Vegas.