Leave It to Beaver Reviews

• Jun 18, 2018

A modernized take on the classic TV show, 'Leave it to Beaver' is a painfully dull family film that leaves the Cleaver family completely forgettable.

• May 10, 2015

Don't really care for the TV series but it's better than this movie.

Don't really care for the TV series but it's better than this movie.

• Apr 15, 2015

Not as good as the old TV show, but gets a passing grade for trying to update the Beaver universe. It does have humorous moments with a moral ending.

• Jul 27, 2014

• Feb 01, 2014

Childhood memories. :)

Childhood memories. :)

• Jan 28, 2014

Classic always good to watch

Classic always good to watch

• Oct 01, 2013

I still remember being very young and watching Leave It To Beaver reruns with my dad. I know the critics bashed it, but I didn't think it was that bad.

• Sep 14, 2013

About as much fun as a swift kick to the happy sack with a steel tipped work boot.

• Jul 24, 2013

It is bad and not as good as the Show as I've Seen, but I enjoy the Casting

It is bad and not as good as the Show as I've Seen, but I enjoy the Casting

• Jun 08, 2013

This film adaptation basically just takes the original Leave It To Beaver and slaps some 90's cheese onto it. It's in many ways not like the original show, but at the same time, should it? The 50's and 90's are radically different from each other, but its debatable. They could've at least got the ages right with the brothers, the kid who plays Beaver is too puny and Wally's like 12 while the original was an older teenager in the show, or perhaps that's me picking on it more than I should, being somewhat a fan of the original show. Otherwise, I can't say I had a reason to expect much to begin with. It's 90's cheese, cliche, and just plain silly, but it's quite likeable for some unknown reason, more likeable than it should be considering that the movie misses its mark on many levels. Does it succeed in adapting the show? Barely. Is it entertaining otherwise? As far as cliche 90's family movies go, yes.