Legal Eagles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Legal Eagles Reviews

½ November 6, 2015
The script is rather iffy and whoever styled Ms. Winger should have never worked in film again. Redford and Winger are very charming, and the film ultimately works, even though the most notable thing about Hannah's performance is she didn't bother giving one. Hannah plays a performance artist here, and it's a very good chance that the director has never seen any performance art.
December 26, 2014
Quite possibly one of the worst films I have ever seen. Not a single reason to care was present. Awful!
October 19, 2013
Too 80's when it tries to get serious. But a joy to watch a confused and clumsy Redford.
July 12, 2013
This was extremely disappointing. Look at the credits: the director of Ghostbusters teams up with the writers of Top Gun and Dick Tracy and stars Robert Redford, Daryl Hannah and Debrah Winger. All of this seemed like a must see movie to me but the reality is that it isn't even good enough for a rental. What a waste of talent!
½ July 7, 2013
It may not be sure if it's a comedy or a thriller, but it's still a decent two hours and worth a watch.
March 11, 2013
I really liked it, especially the performance art scene.
½ March 1, 2013
Silly but fun film with goofy legal antics and not-so-great acting by Hannah.
½ February 1, 2013
Not at all good, but goofy fun and infinitely watchable for Redford's every-six-seconds next over-the-top, and completely unbefitting the dialogue, facial expression! I truly wonder if he's actually reacting to a whole different scene from a different script in a different film (and decade) while daydreaming. Dreadfully bad acting run rampant. This is a great vehicle for his ego as well, as every character schmoozes the star like holy royalty all throughout, with Winger and Hannah playing dumber than evers who follow him around like puppies, so as to show our beloved, irresistible alpha blue-eyed male in the best possible saintly light. No upstaging this kingly statesman up in these parts, no sir! Reitman himself seems to think this is a great idea for our viewing pleasure as well because it's as transparent as Burt Reynold's wig (ouch), yet there's no let up. Part bad, go-nowhere story/ part shameless suck-up to Redford tribute. I could watch this absurd little platter over and over. Pure cringe-curdling unintended hilarity!
September 7, 2012
So-so legal drama. Debra Winger does her best, but it seems like Redford doesn't really care to be in this movie. That, or he just naturally has no chemistry with anyone involved.
September 1, 2012
It's probably the first time Robert Redford does not look charming in a movie, he's trying way too hard. Just like this comedy. Cute but a bit ridiculous! It appears they were going for a Charade-like romance/suspense movie. Without success.
July 7, 2012
Ok lawyer movie that is mainly worth watching due to Robert Redford, but the Daryl Hanna art pieces were just silly.
February 19, 2012
This is a film that is rarely shown on television and usually makes the late night evening slot, but each time I watch it I enjoy it even more.
½ January 20, 2012
This formulaic suspense/courtroom drama didn't break any new ground but it was decent. Daryl Hannah and Debra Winger are quite good. And there's a well-rounded supporting cast (bias alert I love Christine Baranski) Redford was pretty good too. the score was a tad overwrought. Best watched with diminished volume.
½ December 23, 2011
Ó, azok a 80-as évek! Akkor még készültek friss, szellemes alkotások, mint ez is. A fél pont levonás Daryl Hannah miatt van - csak felolvassa a szerepét.
October 22, 2011
This is a tough one but overall I would say see it. Not for the blah courtroom drama or Daryl Hannah "acting" like a retard again. Watch it for the chemistry between Redford and Winger. Winger is just so likeable.
April 10, 2011
The actors are good, the story is fine, and the performance-art scene is still as creepy as it was when I was 6.
February 19, 2011
Debra Winger's amazing eyes
January 30, 2011
Not overly impressed and can totally see, now, why I never saw this movie back in the day. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't any more interesting than a TV pilot. Plus, I never cared for any of the the three leads. Best part of the movie was Rod Stewart's "Love Touch".
½ January 2, 2011
Nice movie! And totally underrated.
December 12, 2010
Really cute movie. I love Robert Redford!