Reviews

• Jul 24, 2021

I thought "Legend" was pretty typical as far as "gangster" movies go. Nothing much new there at all, just a different setting. I guess the producers thought that a twin team of psychopaths would be more interesting than an only child, but they were wrong. It was twice as boring. Good acting by Hardy, no question there. But once again, a story set in the UK made for some pretty hard-to-understand lines, 80% of which I never got. The brutality was gratuitous and excessive and again, not very original. Bottom line: it was one of those movies that I thought went on about an hour too long and whose ending was entirely predictable.

• Jul 12, 2021

Tom Hardy is excellent and makes the movie watchable

Tom Hardy is excellent and makes the movie watchable

• May 14, 2021

Tom Hardy did an amazing job in this film and honestly, he was the only reason I wanted to watch it. I got my brother to watch it with me as well and it intrigued him enough to stay but he did scroll through his phone quite a bit. It was not a documentary but did give some insight on who the Kray brothers were and poked me enough to search them up on the internet. The film is narrated by Frances, Reggie's wife, and I loved hearing Emily Browning's voice but the only thing with that is I felt like it put a lot of focus on the romantic/chaotic relationship Reggie and Frances had. Even though they were married and such I think it would have been a lot more interesting to have maybe Reggie or even Ronnie to narrate. And lot more interesting to focus solely on the twin brother relationship and why Reggie was so possessive - without just saying he was crazy. They kind of just go through a series of events, which is fine, but I just feel like it was missing something.

• Apr 01, 2021

This movie is more about the relationship between Reggie Kray and his wife than a story about the Kray brothers. Which is very disappointing because there is so much more available about the Krays than is depicted in this story. While it shows some of the antics of the brothers, there are shown in a series of disjointed vignettes that does very little to illuminate the true story of control and mayhem that the Krays had over London. Instead, the coherent part of the story is focused on telling the story of the relationship between Reggie and his wife. What a waste.

• Mar 29, 2021

Worth watching simply for Hardy, but most of the shortcomings of this film are well-documented.

• Feb 07, 2021

A strong performance from Tom Hardy and several other cast members, but the film didn't flow well at all. The writers obviously didn't know what they wanted this film to be about. The plot was acceptable but rather bland and predictable. There was too much shifting around through time, and the focus shouldn't have been on the wife since that turned the film into a romance. There was also minimal action, and the pacing could have been better as it slowed right down in places. It was just all over the place. However, the cinematography and visual effects were decent, and the soundtrack was catchy, although arguably repetitive. Not worth a watch.

• Feb 06, 2021

Legend takes an interesting look at a pair of twin gangsters, the Kray brothers, that terrorized London during the 196Os. Not as famous as other historical mobsters like Al Capone or John Dillinger, this film sheds a light on their amazing story. This is a certain different type of gangster flick. It doesn't necessarily revolve excessively on the wealth and empire that the criminals established, which tends to be the case for a lot of thses types of pics, but more on the downfall and falling apart of their criminal, short-termed in nature, ways of life. So while some might say that it doesn't really explore it's full potential, I was actually still quite entertained by the flick. It's got quite a human dimension to it I'd say. And it's worth seeing just for Tom Hardy's great double performance as both of the twins. And Emily Browning was also quite good I found. The film is good at capturing the 1960s London era, and has an absolutely fabulous soundtrack. This is one of the film's best aspects. Overall, I was quite entertained by this gangster movie, I think that it will become a genre classic in it's own right. I wouldn't mind revisiting it again. Good movie and recommended !!

• Nov 20, 2020

Had all the credentials for a 5 star, didn't live up to it. Nonetheless it's a good film, great performance from Tom Hardy.

• Nov 04, 2020

entretenida,buena actuacion 6/10

entretenida,buena actuacion 6/10

• Oct 26, 2020

"Legend" is not at all a bad movie. It is entertaining, it has a simple gangster plot and a great soundtrack. What is actually extraordinary about this movie is Tom Hardy. Unlike previously seen portrayals of twins in the movies, Tom Hardy does an excellent job, as you can clearly understand which twin is which. The film tells a hard story about a person, who does not try to live either the criminal or normal life, but rather about the person who wants to combine both of them into one, consequences of which are shown in the movie. As to his brother, everything is more simple -- he just tries to get some respect. I would also point out action scenes in the movie as they looked really good, as well as the small, yet great role of Taron Egerton, who plays very well. It should be a movie for people who like gangster genre or "based on true events" kind of movies, but most of all, it will be taken in greatly by a person, who genuinely wants to have a fun time while watching a film. Definitely worth watching, although it is a one timer.