Legend Reviews

• Oct 07, 2019

If you don't understand true British underworld history, it probably isn't for you, you won't understand it. Fifty years from now, Hardy wil go down as one of the greatest actors of all time. He absolutely nailed this roll - the era, the persona, just incredible.

• Aug 27, 2019

You can make me fall in love with any movie featuring Tom Hardy, and for a good reason. He was absolutely amazing in this, portraying two characters in a way I've never seen done before, absolutely phenomenal. Tarron, Paul, amongst others, were amazing in this as well, the movie had some of the best casting I've ever seen. The plot in itself was not bad, only vaguely interesting, but the movie was still great. Tom Hardy made it so.

• Jul 11, 2019

Decent biopic about twin Brit gangsters whom I knew nothing about coming into this. Not really much to say here, it's not exactly riveting stuff and Tom Hardy plays both of the twins here which was interesting. Emily Browning a mega cutie as always, but yeah.. that's about it. Meh rating confirmed.

• Jul 05, 2019

Esse Filme é Foda !!!

Esse Filme é Foda !!!

• Jun 04, 2019

Tom needed to play his hard or not do it. Too many comic moments. I know Ronald Kray was a mess but he was brutal. I feel as though the mental side of him was played with too much comedy for my liking.

• Jun 03, 2019

Gangster story 1/5, Tom Hardy 4/5 = 2.5

Gangster story 1/5, Tom Hardy 4/5 = 2.5

• May 02, 2019

So, first I would like to say that I don't think this movie is a really bad one, I thought that Tom Hardy's performance was very impressive (the other actors were great too), some scenes were well thought, most of the images were beautiful. But in my opinion, it was badly written. The characters were not making any senses at some times, especially the one played by Emily Browning (who is an actress that I adore). Her character is so shallow that sometimes it was difficult for me to watch. She had no opinion on anything, and she didn't say or do anything interesting in 2 whole hours. I understand the focus was on the two brothers, but, being the narrator, she had a huge role, which could have been interesting, but it wasn't. She was just a girl, who was only defined by the fact that she blindly liked a so called « gangster », and really hoped he would change. And I guess it could have been okay, if they showed how much they loved each other, but like, no? The only times we see them together she is just standing by him, and he asks what is the next gift she wants and that all. I was really disappointed. All the more because it is so common to see female character being poorly written, and only defined by their position (most of the times as lovers) in a man's life, but here, she's the narrator, her writting shouldn't have been that overlooked. This is one of the main problem. The second problem would be that it's the complete opposite of « show don't tell », to the point it starts getting funny. Instead of showing the two brothers actually doing illegal deals, it is mostly being said (by other characters, or by the narrator, who is kindly reminding us like 10 times that they are « gangsters »). And it gets boring. There is violence, yes, but it rarely serves its purpose. I feel so bad about this movie because it could have been great, and sure looked like it. But it wasn't.

• Mar 01, 2019

Stylish, thriller. Music, set dec, and the acting were superb. It's all Hardy.

Stylish, thriller. Music, set dec, and the acting were superb. It's all Hardy.

• Feb 04, 2019

Mainly just entertaining to see tom hard ya great performance by playing two characters

• Dec 29, 2018

Strengths: Tom Hardy (Ronald and Reginald Kray) is fantastic. The guy stole the show in movies like Inception and The Dark Knight Rises, but this is some of his best work. He plays both Kray brothers in excellent fashion. Theyâ(TM)re twin brothers, yet feel and look completely different. Thatâ(TM)s a testament to how great Hardy was in the roles. It takes a lot to carry two leads, but he nailed it. The fight scenes throughout are well crafted and feel as violent as they need to in this kind of gangster movie. Weaknesses: The supporting cast just doesnâ(TM)t hold up to Tom Hardyâ(TM)s great work. Emily Browning (Frances Shea) feels miscast as the love interest. She looks out of place, her performance lacks, and she doesnâ(TM)t have chemistry with Hardy. Christopher Eccleston (Leonard Reed), David Thewlis (Leslie Payne), Paul Bettany (Charlie Richardson) and Taron Egerton (Edward Smith) are all kind of just there. They donâ(TM)t do anything of interest or leaving a lasting impression. Often, the movie actually ends up being kind of boring. Overall: Tom Hardy gives a performance to remember and itâ(TM)s enough to carry this to be enjoyable. It just needed more interesting beats to make it great.