Legion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Legion Reviews

March 13, 2018
This movie seems to have so much potential, but ultimately falls flat. The graphics are way behind for the year the film was made, and the acting is mediocre at best (with the exception of KAte Walsh). It's a shame considering the plot has unique "Paradise Lost" vibes!
March 10, 2018
Love this movie dont know why it had such horrible ratings ! ????
½ February 26, 2018
I found this not that bad for a supernatural end of the world type thing. And Paul Bethany is always good.
½ January 6, 2018
Good action movie. Grandma on the ceiling, Bettany, Quaid.
December 18, 2017
Ezt várom már, csak a rohadt magyar mozik nem hozták be hozzánk :(
November 12, 2017
A few solid special effects and some good acting are pretty much all this film has to offer. Except for one of my favorite scenes in all of movie history. The scene with the granny. "All them little babies are gonna burn" is probably my favorite line ever. I genuinely can't tell if they were trying to make a funny scene or a scary one.
November 4, 2017
Remembering this movie from high school when it came out, I remembered how I wanted to see. 7 years later, I finally got around to it. Definitely a cast of respectable and familiar faces with a end of the world plot that is not your normal 'the dead have risen'. My one drawback is they never discuss why Charlie's unborn child is the hope for all of humanity. Alright flick that definitely brought back some unrelated nostalgia.
August 8, 2017
One of my absolute favorite movies!! Funny, interesting and not boring. I would watch again and again and again
August 6, 2017
This film had some potential, but ultimately its just a let down. Some fun action scenes when they finally kick in and some decent special effects used throughout (though obviously done with a very low budget). Some really nice cinematography in places that provide a few chills...but this is lost amongst a see of cheesy cliches. The script is poor, the plot lazy (used purely as a vehicle for 'angels with guns'). The acting is wooden (not least from Bettany..who has done much better than this)
I think what is most frustrating is that nothing actually happens as such. The film is not really going anywhere. Nobody actually states the reason behind the whole shebang, what the prophecy is and why the baby can save humanity.
The film just....is.
I am awarding an extra star for some cool fight choreography and some lovely eerie shots used but this is probably more than it deserves.
½ June 13, 2017
A film that had a good idea in ways but fell into that predictable plot of end of the world and this unborn baby can save the day (Yawn) It has so many plot holes I lost interest at times, It had some ok action scenes but that's all it had going for it, It had quite a strong cast but we never care what happens to them, predictable, Lazy at times, If the films execution was better it could of been something great.
May 28, 2017
Terrible, just terribly unrealistic. Total waste of time and money.
April 17, 2017
½ April 14, 2017
4/14/2017 (2): Meh. Pretty disappointing. The cast was decent, but the story was just a bit dull and not enough action.
March 4, 2017
I enjoyed it, it was entertaining like horror movies were when I was a lad. Paul Bettany brings a lot to the table. If he'd half-assed his role, this wouldn't be watchable. Some top shelf creative scary concepts and excellent use of one location (and low budget). A cult classic in my book.
January 30, 2017
Legion wins the award for the best trailer for a pretty awful movie. All the best parts of the movie are in the trailer. Just watch that a few times and save yourself the trouble of sitting through it.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
November 6, 2016
Legion offers some minor thrills but they are not able to carry the film through its mediocre plot and dull performances.
September 11, 2016
looks like it is going to be a very interesting take on the growing "apocolyptic" genre. it will undoubtfully cause meaningless controversy however. I look forward to it.
½ August 24, 2016
After watching this, you kind of feel insulted by all the confusing garbage that you can't figure out. When did this occur? Why did that happen? God being upset, and sending his angels to wipe out mankind just because he lost faith in them!? Why the heck would God take out our race in the laziest plan possible!? To which the writers say, "derp, I don't know." Human characters? There aren't any! A massive waste of potential!
½ July 30, 2016
I hate this movie because it made no damn sense the only good thing about this movie was Paul Bettany because all of the other cast members didnt know what they were doing. there's no plot or story i felt like I was watching a romantic comedy movie and not a horror mystery supspense movie and i felt like michael bay directed this with all the product
placement and explosions