Legion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Legion Reviews

November 6, 2016
Legion offers some minor thrills but they are not able to carry the film through its mediocre plot and dull performances.
September 11, 2016
looks like it is going to be a very interesting take on the growing "apocolyptic" genre. it will undoubtfully cause meaningless controversy however. I look forward to it.
½ August 24, 2016
After watching this, you kind of feel insulted by all the confusing garbage that you can't figure out. When did this occur? Why did that happen? God being upset, and sending his angels to wipe out mankind just because he lost faith in them!? Why the heck would God take out our race in the laziest plan possible!? To which the writers say, "derp, I don't know." Human characters? There aren't any! A massive waste of potential!
½ July 30, 2016
I hate this movie because it made no damn sense the only good thing about this movie was Paul Bettany because all of the other cast members didnt know what they were doing. there's no plot or story i felt like I was watching a romantic comedy movie and not a horror mystery supspense movie and i felt like michael bay directed this with all the product
placement and explosions
½ July 25, 2016
Priest was a film is better and more realistic than this peice of worthless crap, Is it better than Skyline? Yes! But will i ever give it more than a half star? No!

Score: 2/10
½ March 23, 2016
This is easily one of the dumbest, worst films I have ever endured. Do not ever waste life watching it. I would rather watch PAINT DRY than watch it again.
½ March 19, 2016
2016-03-19 kind of hard to understand. never explained why the baby was so important, other than he wasn't supposed to be born (wouldn't that have been true of a million other babies and pregnant women?)
½ March 17, 2016
Personally I think the movie was fine. It's a heavy subject for many and was done in a sci fi horror-fantasy sort of genre. And the fact that the "critics" don't think much of it proves to me that it was a decent movie. After all, it's rare that my movie preferences ever line up with the professional movie critics.
½ February 21, 2016
Paul Bettany does seem to make a habit of making these rather second rate horror movies. Here he plays the Angel Michael who drops in on a desert diner in order to save the human race from the wrath of God who has become a little bit disenchanted with his creation. The waitress in the diner is heavily pregnant with the new Messiah and Saint Michaeal, together with the disparate group of customers at the service station must forgo their eggs over easy in favour of battling off hoards of possessed souls trying to prevent the Second Coming. It's a nice enough premise for an action/horror flick but Legion really fails to hit the mark as it is light on scares and in places, rather dull. Worse still, when the Arcangel Gabriel turns up, it actually becomes cringe-worthy and laughable. Far from being a doom-laden, prophecy-riddled thriller, Legion is pedestrian and uninspiring.
½ February 3, 2016
To this day I'm still fighting with my local theater to get my money back for this travesty.
½ January 21, 2016
Please do not put yourself through the agony. Even if you like angel mythology like me its not worth it. Bad effects, bad acting, bad script, bad storyline.
½ January 3, 2016
Movies based on Christian premises are always tough to pull off and difficult to accept if they don't follow The Word precisely. This only marginally fits that with Christian concepts taken in uncharted territory. I liked the story - though it was rather sparse on details - and it has plenty of action. God uses broken people where they are to accomplish His feats. This is a perfect example of this. Better than I imagined.
December 26, 2015
When you see past the utter cheese ball of a film that this is, stands tall and proud an utter cheese ball of a film.

It's definitely in the file under 'M': meh.
December 26, 2015
this looks uber scary and I will need ten peeps to hold my hand!
November 21, 2015
Special Effects developer Scott Stewart has directed and written his first feature film called Legion. I seen some trailers for it which got me curious about it. Legion is a bit of an underrated film that is a fun movie to watch. I never seen this type of plot before which I really like, but it does get a bit confusing here and there. The cast is pretty good, and the action scenes are pretty entertaining to watch, even though it does edit itself a little too much. The creatures are a little creepy in it, and I was interested to see where it's going. It was predictable about who's going to survive, even if some of the deaths are poorly done and were just dumb for their characters. The pacing can be off at times, and the film could've been a bit more insane, given with its premise. Legion may be a bit of a style over substance, but I liked it enough to give it a pass.
½ October 19, 2015
I enjoyed this film from start to finish. Great action, and suspense to full fill the movie even more. I think people are giving it a low rating because they are impatient and expect action and death every second of a movie, I thought it was perfect the way it was made. As that being said for this having good elements for an apocalyptic movie, I give " Legion " a B-.
September 17, 2015
Awesome film. Not sure why so many hate it. it has tense action moments and a lot of suspense. it's a very religious so I guess it may only appeal to religious types and offend or confuse others.
August 5, 2015
Twisted enough to be good, but too dark (visually)
½ June 29, 2015
Religion/horror should be a fantastical mix but this movie falls flat. Everything in this film seems to be done wrong. The angels seem more like demons than a biblical representation of what we know. The action scenes are cluttered and the CGI is just awefull. Everybody would be better of never wasting 90 min on this flop.