Legion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Legion Reviews

August 8, 2017
One of my absolute favorite movies!! Funny, interesting and not boring. I would watch again and again and again
August 6, 2017
This film had some potential, but ultimately its just a let down. Some fun action scenes when they finally kick in and some decent special effects used throughout (though obviously done with a very low budget). Some really nice cinematography in places that provide a few chills...but this is lost amongst a see of cheesy cliches. The script is poor, the plot lazy (used purely as a vehicle for 'angels with guns'). The acting is wooden (not least from Bettany..who has done much better than this)
I think what is most frustrating is that nothing actually happens as such. The film is not really going anywhere. Nobody actually states the reason behind the whole shebang, what the prophecy is and why the baby can save humanity.
The film just....is.
I am awarding an extra star for some cool fight choreography and some lovely eerie shots used but this is probably more than it deserves.
jamrcla
½ June 13, 2017
A film that had a good idea in ways but fell into that predictable plot of end of the world and this unborn baby can save the day (Yawn) It has so many plot holes I lost interest at times, It had some ok action scenes but that's all it had going for it, It had quite a strong cast but we never care what happens to them, predictable, Lazy at times, If the films execution was better it could of been something great.
May 28, 2017
Terrible, just terribly unrealistic. Total waste of time and money.
April 17, 2017
OH I AM SOOOOOOO SEEING THIS NEXT YEAR
½ April 14, 2017
4/14/2017 (2): Meh. Pretty disappointing. The cast was decent, but the story was just a bit dull and not enough action.
March 4, 2017
I enjoyed it, it was entertaining like horror movies were when I was a lad. Paul Bettany brings a lot to the table. If he'd half-assed his role, this wouldn't be watchable. Some top shelf creative scary concepts and excellent use of one location (and low budget). A cult classic in my book.
January 30, 2017
Legion wins the award for the best trailer for a pretty awful movie. All the best parts of the movie are in the trailer. Just watch that a few times and save yourself the trouble of sitting through it.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
November 6, 2016
Legion offers some minor thrills but they are not able to carry the film through its mediocre plot and dull performances.
September 11, 2016
looks like it is going to be a very interesting take on the growing "apocolyptic" genre. it will undoubtfully cause meaningless controversy however. I look forward to it.
½ August 24, 2016
After watching this, you kind of feel insulted by all the confusing garbage that you can't figure out. When did this occur? Why did that happen? God being upset, and sending his angels to wipe out mankind just because he lost faith in them!? Why the heck would God take out our race in the laziest plan possible!? To which the writers say, "derp, I don't know." Human characters? There aren't any! A massive waste of potential!
½ July 30, 2016
I hate this movie because it made no damn sense the only good thing about this movie was Paul Bettany because all of the other cast members didnt know what they were doing. there's no plot or story i felt like I was watching a romantic comedy movie and not a horror mystery supspense movie and i felt like michael bay directed this with all the product
placement and explosions
½ July 25, 2016
Priest was a film is better and more realistic than this peice of worthless crap, Is it better than Skyline? Yes! But will i ever give it more than a half star? No!

Score: 2/10
½ March 23, 2016
This is easily one of the dumbest, worst films I have ever endured. Do not ever waste life watching it. I would rather watch PAINT DRY than watch it again.
½ March 19, 2016
2016-03-19 kind of hard to understand. never explained why the baby was so important, other than he wasn't supposed to be born (wouldn't that have been true of a million other babies and pregnant women?)
½ March 17, 2016
Personally I think the movie was fine. It's a heavy subject for many and was done in a sci fi horror-fantasy sort of genre. And the fact that the "critics" don't think much of it proves to me that it was a decent movie. After all, it's rare that my movie preferences ever line up with the professional movie critics.
½ February 21, 2016
Paul Bettany does seem to make a habit of making these rather second rate horror movies. Here he plays the Angel Michael who drops in on a desert diner in order to save the human race from the wrath of God who has become a little bit disenchanted with his creation. The waitress in the diner is heavily pregnant with the new Messiah and Saint Michaeal, together with the disparate group of customers at the service station must forgo their eggs over easy in favour of battling off hoards of possessed souls trying to prevent the Second Coming. It's a nice enough premise for an action/horror flick but Legion really fails to hit the mark as it is light on scares and in places, rather dull. Worse still, when the Arcangel Gabriel turns up, it actually becomes cringe-worthy and laughable. Far from being a doom-laden, prophecy-riddled thriller, Legion is pedestrian and uninspiring.
½ February 3, 2016
To this day I'm still fighting with my local theater to get my money back for this travesty.
½ January 21, 2016
Please do not put yourself through the agony. Even if you like angel mythology like me its not worth it. Bad effects, bad acting, bad script, bad storyline.