Life Itself - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life Itself Reviews

May 19, 2019
First few minutes sucked but it took you on this amazing journey after that, glad I stuck around because I definitely would have missed out
May 18, 2019
I like this movie. Life is the most unreliable narrator and this movie uses that thesis
May 15, 2019
This movie at first, seemed lost but just got better and better. Too bad the critics, who are frequently wrong, blew it once again. Great acting and incredibly clever dialogue. Hope someday this movie gets the recognition it deserves
May 13, 2019
Life itself, not only is an amazing film. It is also a life lesson, and an example of how quick things can change in your life.
And the director and cast did a fantastic job. And whatever critic rated it so terribly wrong, can go and cut there tongue's out along with their fingers. Because they were so terribly wrong when they rated this movie. From one human to another, go see this beautiful tear jerking film. It will make you look at life differently.
½ May 13, 2019
One of the best movies I saw in 2018. The story conviented with the beautiful dialogue made this movie a heck of a ride that it should be more apprecieted.
May 12, 2019
The best movie I've ever seen
April 28, 2019
This film is profound in the most incredible way. The script writing, the plot, the acting and the message are incredible and the story took so many twists and turns...it was completely unpredictable~ keeping me on the edge of my seat and wanting more.

When critics blast a film and most everyone else loves it, that says something about the how good critics are! They call it schmaltzy, and overdone, I call them whiny.

Watch it, it will make you laugh and cry. It will make you feel like you've lived 6 people's lives in 2 hours. Excellent!
April 27, 2019
A cringy movie full of self-aggrandizing monologues that lacks any real direction or meaning.
April 27, 2019
I had no idea what I getting myself into.. prepare to cry. I don't consider myself a film critic but I came to to defend this work of art as I was truely surprised how it has so many negative reviews. Never will I trust this websites reviews. The actors were fantastic, the shots were fantastic, the story was fantastic, the scenery was fantastic and the score was fantastic. The movie is in chapters and each chapter takes you on a new ride and you can try to assume what will happen but you won't assume correctly. I'm no good at this just watch the damn movie.
April 25, 2019
Contrived & slightly annoying narrative technique at least initially - don't need the Samuel Jackson piece St all - ultimately found it compelling - yep all tied up in snow - but I got sucked in despite knowing I was being played! Interesting duplicity of characters - the heroes / villains message dies land IMHO! Worthwhile !
April 22, 2019
I am so glad I listened to the audiences on this one. Fantastic movie!
April 21, 2019
This movie was extremely passionate and really gets to the true reality of each character. I can't believe i became so enthralled in each chapter, and cried so much. It really got to my soul.
April 14, 2019
I truly thought it was a great movie ­'?­'?­'?
April 14, 2019
Are the critics literally on drugs? Is it somehow "cool" to dislike something that's heartfelt (and much more than that I might add) Does one bad review come out and then other critics become too afraid of not toeing the line? The critics' reaction to this against the glaringly opposite audience reaction makes me seriously question if critics know ANYthing. I saw the bad reviews before going in, but also saw the high audience reviews so gave this a chance. The whole time watching, I was 100% baffled at why the critics do not like this movie. Baffled. It's GREAT.
March 31, 2019
Critics love to criticize unconventional story telling. I'm glad I went with he audience score and watching the trailer. If you want to see a good movie, watch it... if you don't get caught up in the story telling then click to stop it.
March 28, 2019
This was one of the best written films I´┐ 1/2(TM)ve ever seen. It was a bit tricky to keep along with it in the first 1/4 of the movie, but I have it a chance and stuck with it. I´┐ 1/2(TM)m so glad I did.
½ March 25, 2019
Anyone who let's "The Critics" guide their judgements re: seeing this excellent film -- or interpreting it -- is seriously losing out. IGNORE whatever it is they've written and just know that not everyone can "like" or appreciate strong, unvarnished truths or even handle powerful emotions. If you like your films cynical, sadistic, and full of explosions (of stuff, of people, of the soul) then read the critics and believe them. If you are open to an excellent film experience and open to having it overlap with your own feelings about life -- and having that all done powerfully and honestly -- just see this film. Bravo, filmmakers. Believe the Audience Score for this one.
March 25, 2019
I really enjoyed this movie. I feel Dan Fogelman did an amazing job! If you have have lived a life with deep rich experiences over the years, you will appreciate and enjoy this movie. If you are young without many life experiences you may fail to understand the value this movie is offering. I found the characters very relatable. However, it would be difficult to relate to the characters if I was not living and feeling a full life. This movie will leave you with a feeling of ´┐ 1/2hope´┐ 1/2┬? and I don´┐ 1/2(TM)t think that´┐ 1/2(TM)s ever a bad thing.
March 24, 2019
I'm surprised at the poor reviews and ratings I've read. There were some surprise "jump" aspects to various scenes early in the film but I believe they provided a feeling of shock for me perhaps similar to what the characters in the story were feeling. Once 20 min in, the shocks disperse and similar to Dan's work on, "This is Us" the stories of people's lives begin to unfold, imperfect yet sacred. Beautifully done.
March 23, 2019
I loved it, but get the tissues out!!!