Lili Marleen Reviews

• Sep 02, 2019

Fassbinder's attempt to make a big movie production is meticulously produced, but the result is a dubious combination of old-fashioned melodrama with the director's usual idiosyncrasies.

• Nov 24, 2014

????? ???? ??? ?????

????? ???? ??? ?????

• Jul 25, 2014

An impressive Fassbinder work on the artists' relationships with political systems they evolve in; in this case the nazi regime.

• Jan 07, 2014

Schygulla's performance really got on my nerves; she plays Willie like she's some kind of brainless idiot, and her voice put my teeth on edge. Fassbinder's weird, confusing editing rhythm combined with the schlocky dubbing made this an off-putting experience for me. Sometimes it felt like reading a poem written by someone who doesn't speak English very well. There's also too much of a "things we know now" aspect to the way characters see the Evil Nazis Who Must Be Stopped. This movie annoyed me.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Sep 12, 2013

One may wonder why Fassbinder decided to indulge himself in an unimpressive, seemingly underdeveloped Hollywood-like movie made only for entertainment, and it loses its way in the last act to the point of even including a completely pointless self-reference.

• William H Super Reviewer
    Aug 16, 2013

Not one of his better works (the cinematography is fine though) but still well worth watching. His usual motives are however underdeveloped, I would even almost dare to call this a German Hollywoodfilm and that is not flattering. Fassbinder focusses more on entertaining here, it lacks some depth. It is also quite anoying to hear the same song so often during the film. Hanna Shygula is as usual fabulous in her role (although she does sing a bit false but at least she did all the singing herself). Great to see Hark Bohm in this one again as well.

• Apr 12, 2013

Tragic, somehow a bit shallow story of a one hit wonder. Hanna Schygulla is great, though.

• Aug 05, 2011

Overwrought, even for Fassbinder.

Overwrought, even for Fassbinder.

• Mar 01, 2011

Rainer Werner Fassbinder's Lili Marleen is a beautiful red and dark drama. Fighting and feast. The bitter dark fight. This is based on the true story about Lale Andersen, in this film named Wilkie who's sings in bars and have fair but slow voice, but amazingsly enouth she become famous for one song "Lili Marleen" that the nazi officers chooses to play for their soldiers on the radio, and the song is becoming a sympol for the german nationalism, but the song also reaching the allied troops. The song become famous on both sides. Fassbinder's muse Hanna Schygulla does a superb preformance, no one chould have played the part better than her.

• Feb 22, 2011

Törtà (C)nelemóra egy dal körà (C) szervezve. MeglepÅ'en "fogyasztható", darab Fassbinderhez kà (C)pest, talán pont emiatt nem emelkedik ki a hasonló filmekkel (háborús dráma) szemben.